Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 08:53 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
If you think flipping the bird is a gang sign, you were probably a "gang member" at some point in your life.

Anyway, here is the pic of "Trayvon Martin" the liars shared among each other :
True, that photo wasn't TM. otoh, the little bit of truth that came out about him was a nice counter-balance to the initial family/media/pr image.

Not someone I'd consider a thug, but not exactly the cherub portrayed.

As for the Current event, flip a coin.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:09 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Bad news, Matt Apperson is a Conservative who likes the NRA. Darn it, who will the over-reactionaries root for now?

Source: Facebook.
His personal perspectives are irrelevant. If he is stalking George Zimmerman, with the intent of harming him, he is wrong.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
What would you say if GZ did wave his gun towards MA?
If he were in Texas, he should be arrested and charged and then have his CHL revoked.

Since I don't know the gun laws in Florida, I can't say for sure, but I would guess he should be arrested and charged.

Now, that I answered yours, will you answer my original question?

Quote:
"He said it was a road rage incident, that they were driving down the street and George pulled a gun on him," Cornell told WESH.
Yes, that is what the other person claims. Since I wasn't there, I don't know, and I'll wait to see what the police say.

It's funny how many people on here choose to make assumptions, and it also seems to me that they tend to be the ones who are angry at Zimmerman.

Quote:
Which is GZ's MO.
Actually, we don't know his MO since we don't know many things about his other law enforcement encounters.

We know that in all of his encounters, he has been arrested three times.

The first time was when he assaulted the undercover officer in the bar.

The second time, he was found not guilty of murdering Martin.

The third time he was arrested, the accuser recanted her story and said she lied.

Every other time it was a he said, she said.

We can really only say we know that he what happened in the first incident, and I'm not sure we can say that establishes a MO.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
This guy needs to get the heck out of Florida and live low for a very long time. It's obvious that people are doing whatever they can to get under this dudes skin, and unfortunately for him it seems to be working.
So how would you react if someone shot at you?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
I agreed with this guy's acquittal - just not enough evidence to convict him. But you could tell that he was a goofball.
He has lots of company in that regard- including any number of posters who have commented in this thread.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:17 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Memo to self: Do not move to Lake Mary...........very small town but a disproportionate number of whackos live there !

You can look at those pictures of Apperson and tell he isn't playing with a full deck. He looks like a loose cannon to me.

Don

Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Memo to self: Do not move to Lake Mary...........very small town but a disproportionate number of whackos live there !

You can look at those pictures of Apperson and tell he isn't playing with a full deck. He looks like a loose cannon to me.

Don

Lake Mary is actually one of the nicest towns around Orlando, and is home to some pretty famous, wealthy folks.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prolific View Post
Best post I've read. Thanks
I'd argue the best post so far, and I'm not going to go track it down, was the one which basically said Zimmerman and Martin were two people with problems who met in a perfect storm (paraphrasing).

It appears to me that Zimmerman has issues, at a minimum; however, all of these other encounters (excluding the shooting of Martin and the arrest for the assault on the oc officer) could be due to his association with other people with issues. He may be drawn to women that are bat s crazy, and this other guy could be a crazy stalker.

The thing is that none of us know, but many of us pretend we do.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
This is an obvious one that plenty of posters here have ignored. I don't know Zimmerman or what his mental state or mental capacity is and I certainly am not going to proclaim innocence or guilt in the Martin case (unlike way too many posters here) but I do know that being involved in a case that was that controversial and divided down racial lines is going to bring him plenty of heat. He's basically a walking target, so I am not the least bit surprised to see continued scrapes popping up on the news.
Spot on.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 AM

1,077 posts, read 873,180 times
Quote:

Since the verdict this summer, Zimmerman has become embroiled in a series of
publicized mini-scandals, including an argument with his father-in-law that may
have involved a gun (the father-in-law never pressed charges); an unfriendly
divorce from his wife, Shellie; and, now, his arrest for aggravated assault –
allegedly raising and cocking a loaded shotgun toward his girlfriend during a
heated breakup argument.

Zimmerman told police and a 911 dispatcher that he never raised a gun and
that his girlfriend had gone “crazy.”

“He knows how to play this game,” the girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, told a
911 dispatcher.
George Zimmerman: latest arrest and a troubling post-verdict saga - CSMonitor.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies