Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 05:08 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
So you support abortion even at 9 months?
At that point a c-section is available, but if I am to be consistent I would have to say that I do.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:17 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
A real life scenario that actually doesn't happen besides maybe a handful of times to the tune of an exceptionally small % of occurrences is not the best way to decide policy. Why not use some equally rare example of how an abortion is killing someone that will grow up to cure a form of cancer and save thousands of lives or killing an unborn baby prevents another person from growing up and being a doctor and provided healthcare to the poor. Both of these are possibilities, the second more likely than the first, but I am not using them as a reason to further restrict abortion like you are using similar rare examples as a means for unlimited access to abortion.
You could also use the same logic to justify abortions.

What if the fetus aborted ended up being the next Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler or even just the guy who writes on bathroom walls with his own feces?

I am not very judgmental when it comes to abortions, but I do know two or three women who have more than one. You want to know something about those women? They are very unlikely to be raising any future Nobel Prize winners. Given the fact they are irresponsible, shallow, and just not very smart, they are more likely to raise someone who is more likely to be COPS than even being a normal person.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
I would say the waiting period begins when you first contact a doctor/facility about an abortion. The. The abortion must take place within a certain window afterwards, say, 30 days, if not then another 3 day wait/counseling is needed (unless the delay is from medical complications preventing the abortion at that time).

If a woman is up on the hard deadline of let's say 22 weeks for arguments sake, and the three day wait would push her over, then she could get a court order allowing the abortion to take place before the end of the 3 days.

Like my previous post, I am talking about healthy babies/mother, not severe medical conditions to either.
And you think that for women who have to travel hours to an abortion provider, taking off from work, that it's no burden to take off one day, meet with the abortion provider, get your mandatory counseling (which is insulting, because women know their options and understand what an abortion is), go home, then, three days later, take another day off from work, and travel hours to the abortion provider to have the procedure performed. That's not forcing women to jump through hurdles.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:14 AM

29,538 posts, read 19,632,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
At that point a c-section is available, but if I am to be consistent I would have to say that I do.
That is absolutely sickening. You have no respect for innocent human life.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:18 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
How any decent human being could support killing a baby after 20 weeks gestation is utterly beyond me. It's disgusting, ghoulish, and completely indefensible given what science tells us about the viability of a fetus at 20 weeks and later.

Why are pro-abortion liberals anti-science?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Unlike in decades past, elective abortion in America and the grossly irresponsible behavior that precedes it are barely tolerated today.

Something to think about if you are a young girl working as a waitress in Mountain Home, AZ and just don`t like how condoms feel.
BS.

Condoms aren't 100%. NOTHING is 100%. But how wonderful of you to try to demean a young girl working as a waitress.

Women are intelligent, responsible, moral creatures. Our society creates situations where a woman has to think of herself and of her existing children, and has to consider the risks and costs to herself and her existing children, when faced with an unexpected pregnancy. ONLY she can fully appreciate those risks and costs. Her decision should be respected.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
BS.

Condoms aren't 100%. NOTHING is 100%. But how wonderful of you to try to demean a young girl working as a waitress.

Women are intelligent, responsible, moral creatures. Our society creates situations where a woman has to think of herself and of her existing children, and has to consider the risks and costs to herself and her existing children, when faced with an unexpected pregnancy. ONLY she can fully appreciate those risks and costs. Her decision should be respected.
No, a decision to kill a baby in the third trimester is not worthy of respect.

Fortunately the vast, vast, vast majority of women would never engage in such a barbaric practice, even though it is championed by folks on the far left fringe. As demonstrated on this thread.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Making the baby is the fun part.
And as usual some people never consider the consequences of anything.

We have a population of grown children who don't know what being responsible is.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:31 AM

The radical left's unhinged and inexplicable opposition to this common sense litigation is all the more infuriating because only 1.4% of abortions are after 20 weeks of gestation. That's a tiny, tiny percentage of abortions, yet pro-abortion extremists like Obama and Pelosi refuse to even consider stopping that.

This despite the scientific EVIDENCE that babies feel pain in the third trimester as proven in scientific study after scientific study.

Here's a good article from JAMA about the topic:

JAMA Network | JAMA | Fetal Pain: *A Systematic Multidisciplinary Review of the Evidence

Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
No, a decision to kill a baby in the third trimester is not worthy of respect.

Fortunately the vast, vast, vast majority of women would never engage in such a barbaric practice, even though it is championed by folks on the far left fringe. As demonstrated on this thread.
Moving the goal posts?

This thread is about abortions in the second trimester.

No one decides on a whim to abort during the third trimester. First, there are already laws regulating late-term abortions. Second, women have decided to have the baby if they carry it to the third trimester, the baby is wanted. It is when a woman discovers that she is at risk (yes, women die of complications from pregnancy), or that the baby is severely compromised, that a late-term abortion is considered. These situations are heartbreaking for the parents, and pro-lifers like yourself simply add to the pain with your blithe assumptions about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies