Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Like they don't have any input? Here is the makeup of the Baltimore City Council: Members of the Baltimore City Council. Are you saying that White minority pulls all of the strings?
I made myself clear, mayor's do not make or change laws state law. The only 'laws' that City Officials have any control over are local ordinances which don't usually have a big effect on law enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 11:03 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
And now that the radical leftist idiot de Blasio is in charge the crime rate is going back up because he has reduced police enforcement. You are just showing the usual leftist rejection of the facts when they don't conform to your ideology.
nonsense, there are always short term spikes in crime -everywhere. It takes 3-5 years to determine if there is a trend that crime is increasing. Come back in a few years and show me the increase in crime and we can talk about it then.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
nonsense, there are always short term spikes in crime -everywhere. It takes 3-5 years to determine if there is a trend that crime is increasing. Come back in a few years and show me the increase in crime and we can talk about it then.
Sometimes there are reasons for short term spikes. Riots are an example of short term spikes in crime that have a causal factor or factors.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:08 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It is about control.........but, not just blacks......or, just Democrats.
I agree, its about power and control. In this case I was responding specifically to the previous poster on the topic.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:10 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Sometimes there are reasons for short term spikes. Riots are an example of short term spikes in crime that have a causal factor or factors.
Maybe the looters didn't get the right size sneaker or their friend got more stuff and they are still angry.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:14 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Sad news this morning

DC reporter Charnice Milton killed in shooting - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Old 05-29-2015, 11:18 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I made myself clear, mayor's do not make or change laws state law. The only 'laws' that City Officials have any control over are local ordinances which don't usually have a big effect on law enforcement.
Ordinances can lead to disputes that require police assistance.

By the way; I was looking at the makeup of the Maryland State Government:http://www.capc.umd.edu/rpts/2010/2010Demographics.pdf. Yes; only about 20% are Black. But they are predominantly Democrats (70% to 30%). It would be hard to lay all of the problems on the Republicans with that makeup. But, like I stated before; I don't like one side better than the other.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:24 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
As I've said before a complete mess.

On one side, Police Union Thugs who stop doing their jobs because some of their members got in trouble for paralyzing a guy, basically for fun. What they did had nothing to do with "policing", it only had to do with them being bullies and being in the right job to get away with it. "If we aren't allowed to beat the crap out of people for fun, we can't do our job..."

On the other side, a completely lost inner city African American thug loving culture that views a handful of police killings as a bigger issue than the daily non-stop murderous violence that plagues their communities and leads to a hundred times more deaths.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:32 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

“What we do know is that out of cowardice, a young man grabbed my daughter and put himself between the bullet and his life,” said Ken McClenton, the victim's father."

That is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
As I've said before a complete mess.

On one side, Police Union Thugs who stop doing their jobs because some of their members got in trouble for paralyzing a guy, basically for fun. What they did had nothing to do with "policing", it only had to do with them being bullies and being in the right job to get away with it. "If we aren't allowed to beat the crap out of people for fun, we can't do our job..."

On the other side, a completely lost inner city African American thug loving culture that views a handful of police killings as a bigger issue than the daily non-stop murderous violence that plagues their communities and leads to a hundred times more deaths.
That is a good point. The media plays up the cop angle, but never the part of the society that is the "thug loving culture". There is a automatic assumption in the culture that the perp is an innocent, as in the Michael Brown incident.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I just hope the cops or other "thugs" nail the perp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies