Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 11:46 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
nonsense, there are always short term spikes in crime -everywhere. It takes 3-5 years to determine if there is a trend that crime is increasing. Come back in a few years and show me the increase in crime and we can talk about it then.
The unfettered joy of the oblivious. You would claim down was up as long as it supported your ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 12:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
The unfettered joy of the oblivious. You would claim down was up as long as it supported your ideology.
no, that's not true. If you would spend more time doing research and less time thinking of cool new snark to use in your posts you could easily confirm what I said.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
What a pity. I'm not exactly sure what the police could do about the shootings but I hate reading that they are no where to be seen. Of course I don't blame them and predicted as much weeks ago. In Baltimore, if a cop makes a mistake he could end up in prison. Its not worth it.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:11 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What a pity. I'm not exactly sure what the police could do about the shootings but I hate reading that they are no where to be seen. Of course I don't blame them and predicted as much weeks ago. In Baltimore, if a cop makes a mistake he could end up in prison. Its not worth it.
A "mistake" ie, intentionally driving recklessly, with an unrestrained suspect in the vehicle, an activity that the city of Baltimore has been sued for multiple times in multiple instances where suspects have been seriously injured..white and black suspects, btw.

This is not a "mistake"...that is police getting their kicks messing people up. I seriously hope that people aren't this stupid/blind to see.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:16 PM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Last time I checked, Mayor's do not have the authority to enact or change laws.
She did not tell the cops to esae up, back off, give them room to destroy?

That would be changing the law...

Old 05-29-2015, 02:04 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm sure they don't want to insert themselves into a situation where they may have to draw their gun.
We all know where that leads these days.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:55 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
After watching what those in the areas where police are supposedly a problem do when they are unfettered, I sit back and laugh at what they get when they get it. I don't think the average rank and file Joe Citizen wants anarchy but he is out there lending his voice publicly when it suits him. Then it gets to the point it is now and he is stuck with it. The police should allow the neighborhoods to decay to "Death Wish" status and let the citizens beg for them to return. Let them learn what it is to have their anarchy.

Let the rest of the world see first hand what anarchy truly is; the American experiment should be a good one. If they don't want a civilized society, so be it. As long as it stays away from me and mine, I don't care what happens to them.

Last edited by armory; 05-29-2015 at 09:46 PM..

Old 05-29-2015, 09:40 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
BALTIMORE (AP) — A 31-year-old woman and a young boy were shot in the head Thursday, becoming Baltimore's 37th and 38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years.

Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

Be careful what you wish for, Baltimore. By scaring the cops into next week with lawsuits over "police brutality".
Shocking I say, SHOCKING. I say good though, I wish they would pull all of the cops out, since that is what the "peaceful protestors" so articulately stated through millions of dollars of property damage during their week long temper tantrum.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Police don't want to be held accountable for their actions. This is a push back by them in hopes that they can go back to doing whatever they want to do. This is an important stand they are making. Are police going to be held accountable to do the job correctly and fallow dept policy or are they going to allowed to continue this do nothing policy.
It kind of reminds me of the Ronald Reagan Air traffic Controllers strike. He replaced them all that did not return and do the job.
It's good to see some on the left can maintain the "f**k da police" spirit no matter what. I hope they fire all of the cops and replace them with nobody. Then blacks can finally be free.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Too bad there isn't a 10 step program for boot licking.

Whenever a person dies in custody there should be a method to determine the cause. Correct what went wrong. And accountability for those who failed to do the job in a professional manor.

A neighbor down the street got into an auto accident several days ago. He had a green light and was hit broadside by another auto. that ran a red light. His airbag deployed injuring him. Confused he didn't know what happened and thought he hit a curb. He continued for some distance until he realized he had a bigger problem than that. He was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident. Taken to jail by a state trooper. The jail refused to to accept him until he was seen by a doctor.

Some people get it. Some make an effort to do what's right. Some people are professionals and fallow the policy put to them.

When you are hired in public service is it really to much to expect that you will do the job. Their morale doesn't make it to the top of the list. At the top of any list should be to protect and serve the public. Support for those that serve themselves and put the public second or farther down the list is ignorant at best.

The special interest you speak about wants what is happening and would like to see more of it all across the nation. Because they will make money off the misery. Any effort they can put forward to control the population is in their interest. That is what policing was brought it existence for.
Don't you understand this is what the people WANT! The blacks in Baltimore threw a giant temper tantrum for 7-10 days, which the rest of us responsible taxpayers have to pay for, which basically said they do not want the police. They do not respect the police and they do not want them in their neighborhoods. I say give the people what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies