Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 04:32 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
BALTIMORE (AP) — A 31-year-old woman and a young boy were shot in the head Thursday, becoming Baltimore's 37th and 38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years.

Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

Be careful what you wish for, Baltimore. By scaring the cops into next week with lawsuits over "police brutality".
No doubt the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow that is alive and well in the systemic racism of the police community caused the finger to pull those triggers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 04:53 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
As a half black, half white male, this crap in Baltimore proves a point of mine that I have been making for years!

Black males are indeed feral.
(having reverted to the wild state, as from domestication)

Wanting to commit crimes without interference from the law, the police have backed off and given them exactly what was asked of them!

Think about it!

The zoo keeper has left the zoo and upon their departure have opened the cages!

Look around the country and what is going on!

Is it the educated black male robbing, looting and murdering?

Education matters!!

When I say education, I am not talking about affirmative action.
so you only get caged half the year?

Old 05-29-2015, 04:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
People are acting like Baltimore was Mayberry when the cops were doing there job... lol.

Baltimore has always been a rough city.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:35 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,006 times
Saw a tee shirt in a shop on the Avenue yesterday, "Baltimore, There'r More Than Just Murder Here". too funny!
But thankfully, there is. I've lived in Baltimore over 50 years and come from a family with it's own history of racism. What's happeining here has got nothing to do with Obama, democrats or the Mayor. Like all cities, blacks have been treated like sub humans in this town since day one. What happens when people are constantly beaten down and demoralized? Some become violent, some turn to drugs to blot out their miserable existence. Baltimore in well into it's fourth generation now since the crack epidemic of the early 80s destroyed the black communities that used to have 2 parent families and ties to the communities churches. Kids growing up in these hoods mother's, grandmother's and great grandparents have been addicts. Many know nothing from birth except drug abuse. And we should expect kids in that environmnent to relate to mainstream societal values? Even kids who want to avoid gang culture cannot stay away from it. It's join or be a target. But as a middle class white man, I have experienced the human side of the drug gang members. I have had gangs help me rescue a stray dog from a drug corner - when they understood I was trying to save the dog who was dying, they circled it, caught it and put it in my truck for me. On another occasion they took me and another woman into a crack house to rescue a baby from a mother who could not and would not care for the child. These people are human beings. I know the endless violence makes it hard to see them as real people, but they are. They are simply living the only life they have ever known. The cops have a tough job and I don't know how anybody can do that job without becoming desensitized to humo an suffering. They see the worst of human behaviore usually and have to try to control that behavior and not get killed. How do you do that without excessive force? Thiis is not a race issue between cops and citizen, most of the cops are black! The police cannot conduct a police state and expect people to accept this. Black men should not fear for their safety when they see a cop, regardless of their past offenses, if any. But until we as a society make a real effort to target these communities with alternatives to the drug trade, nothing will change. The police cannot solve the crime problem. People have to have opportunities for a better alternative; job training, mentoring, recreational outlets for the kids, and a concerted effort by the community to offer folks in these neighborhoods a chance at something better are the only way crime and poverty will be resolved. Instead of everybody blaming the victims and or the police, we need to step up, and find out how we can help. The fact that the majority of us just live our lives and blame people for their behavior, rather than taking steps to be part of the solution says more about us than about the police or the gang members. We are all the same, whether we choose to recognize it or not.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:38 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,540,936 times
So thugs are killing other thugs in Baltimore now.

What's the problem again?

Old 05-29-2015, 06:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
No doubt the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow that is alive and well in the systemic racism of the police community caused the finger to pull those triggers.
I just hope you're being sarcastic there since the murder rate has gone UP with the cops retreating.

Too; please say THAT slavery and Jim Crow bit to the "Black" cops who have to work the hood rat hoods.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:45 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Saw a tee shirt in a shop on the Avenue yesterday, "Baltimore, There'r More Than Just Murder Here". too funny!
But thankfully, there is. I've lived in Baltimore over 50 years and come from a family with it's own history of racism. What's happeining here has got nothing to do with Obama, democrats or the Mayor. Like all cities, blacks have been treated like sub humans in this town since day one. What happens when people are constantly beaten down and demoralized? Some become violent, some turn to drugs to blot out their miserable existence. Baltimore in well into it's fourth generation now since the crack epidemic of the early 80s destroyed the black communities that used to have 2 parent families and ties to the communities churches. Kids growing up in these hoods mother's, grandmother's and great grandparents have been addicts. Many know nothing from birth except drug abuse. And we should expect kids in that environmnent to relate to mainstream societal values? Even kids who want to avoid gang culture cannot stay away from it. It's join or be a target. But as a middle class white man, I have experienced the human side of the drug gang members. I have had gangs help me rescue a stray dog from a drug corner - when they understood I was trying to save the dog who was dying, they circled it, caught it and put it in my truck for me. On another occasion they took me and another woman into a crack house to rescue a baby from a mother who could not and would not care for the child. These people are human beings. I know the endless violence makes it hard to see them as real people, but they are. They are simply living the only life they have ever known. The cops have a tough job and I don't know how anybody can do that job without becoming desensitized to humo an suffering. They see the worst of human behaviore usually and have to try to control that behavior and not get killed. How do you do that without excessive force? Thiis is not a race issue between cops and citizen, most of the cops are black! The police cannot conduct a police state and expect people to accept this. Black men should not fear for their safety when they see a cop, regardless of their past offenses, if any. But until we as a society make a real effort to target these communities with alternatives to the drug trade, nothing will change. The police cannot solve the crime problem. People have to have opportunities for a better alternative; job training, mentoring, recreational outlets for the kids, and a concerted effort by the community to offer folks in these neighborhoods a chance at something better are the only way crime and poverty will be resolved. Instead of everybody blaming the victims and or the police, we need to step up, and find out how we can help. The fact that the majority of us just live our lives and blame people for their behavior, rather than taking steps to be part of the solution says more about us than about the police or the gang members. We are all the same, whether we choose to recognize it or not.

Like the new black Annie likes to sing:

It's a hard thug life, it's a hard thug life!

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-29-2015 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: personal

Old 05-29-2015, 07:02 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
It must be next to impossible to get a pizza delivered in this area.

The driver would have to dodge bullets, vandalized cars, drug shooting victims laying on the ground and broken bottles of Colt45 beer laying on the sidewalk. You can hear cries in the distance: "The pizza man don't come here no' more."

Old 05-29-2015, 07:06 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
BALTIMORE (AP) — A 31-year-old woman and a young boy were shot in the head Thursday, becoming Baltimore's 37th and 38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years.

Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

Be careful what you wish for, Baltimore. By scaring the cops into next week with lawsuits over "police brutality".

I wonder what the stats were like prior to the Freddie Gray incident?

I keep seeing information speaking of how arrest are dropping in Baltimore due to cops basically not doing their jobs, yet no one mentions the fact that Baltimore was already a crime ridden city with the cops supposedly doing their jobs.

And some of the comments from the police officers are pretty atrocious. It would be best of city officials there to take not and actively recruit new police officers, especially veteran officers from other municipalities by offering higher salaries and providing better benefits and then getting rid of the older Baltimore PD officers who were lame ducks to begin with.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:12 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
But this is what you wanted - so why are you whining? It is the natural consequences of what happens when nobody supports their police department. The community called for anarchy and that is what they are getting. The police are not dummies; they understand this lack of support and respect. Do you really think firing police will help morale.

President Obama will go down in history as the first anti-MLK President since April 4th 1968. He has managed to undo all of the racial gains of the great MLK. That is unfortunate since both Whites and Blacks will be a minority in the next few decades. The only way we can prevail will be to stand together. But, perhaps, this is all part of the plan - divide and conquer. So who is really calling all of the shots? I don't care if you paint it in Democrat blue or Republican red - it is still special interest.
Those that think Obama was born in Kenya are blaming him for racial division? Those that rally around Jim Crow voter ID laws are blaming Obama for racial division?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies