Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 08:45 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times

Advertisements

The U.S. Justice Department said Friday that, contrary to The New York Times report, it did not receive a request to open a criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton's private emails.

What it received was "not a criminal referral," but a request related to the potential compromise of classified information, according to Washington Post reporter Sari Horowitz.

DOJ: No, We Weren't Asked To Launch A Criminal Probe Into Clinton's Emails

And today,The New York Times issued a correction to their faulty report of July 24, explaining that Clinton was not personally the subject of the referral to investigate.

Here's their correction:

Quote:
An earlier version of this article and an earlier headline, using information from senior government officials, misstated the nature of the referral to the Justice Department regarding Hillary Clinton's personal email account while she was secretary of state. The referral addressed the potential compromise of classified information in connection with that personal email account. It did not specifically request an investigation into Mrs. Clinton.
NY Times Walks Back Flimsy Report On Probe Into Clinton's Email | Research | Media Matters for America

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/07...sy-ny-t/204582
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 08:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's about the State Dept handling of the e-mails, not Hillary's ... but we all know, one phony scandal begets another phony scandal... huh?
As someone who does IT work, I'm kinda confused how the State Department was supposed to handle Hillary's email accounts given they had no access to them, nor the servers...

Maybe you can fill me with with info, rather than some type of babble as usual.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:04 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You have to admit, millions of people were fooled into thinking that Obama meant all of his "Hope and Change" promises that he proceeded to break instantly the first chance he got.

Many people are still mesmerized enough to not see that he is a serial liar.

A lot of those same people are still gullible.

It is important that we hold these corrupt politicians accountable, even if they are dreamy or in the preferred party.
For most of the ''true believers'', it's the free sh*t that keeps their faith strong.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:15 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times
This coming from the folks whose leading candidate is Donald Trump...lulz

Old 07-24-2015, 09:17 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
My wife is liberal and detests Hillary. My daughter is Berkeley liberal and hates her more.
If Hillary is the dem candidate are they still going to vote for her? If so then they're hatred of her is pretty hollow and meaningless.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:20 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
I have a better question, who could trust Hillary BEFORE today? Most Democrats didn't in 2008 you think we forgot or something? But if she is the Democratic nominee I'll support her up and until somebody hands here an indictment that's just how bad I view the Republican candidates.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:21 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,801 times
bow down before your next POTUS that has already been chosen for you..

Hildog 2016

go Merica'

ahhh.. the illusion of choice

Old 07-24-2015, 09:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Hillary may actually think the Miranda Warning is the Oath of Office.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:33 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You have to admit, millions of people were fooled into thinking that Obama meant all of his "Hope and Change" promises that he proceeded to break instantly the first chance he got.

Many people are still mesmerized enough to not see that he is a serial liar.

A lot of those same people are still gullible.

It is important that we hold these corrupt politicians accountable, even if they are dreamy or in the preferred party.
I guess it doesn't take much to bring "Obama Haters" out of the woodwork these days. Obama did well, in fact well enough to get another term, so your argument is moot. Its only your opinion, proved wrong by reality and facts. If you where right, he would have been a one term President, and you can't spin that in your favor.

Its the GOP that where "mesmerized" by Obama and spent every hour of ever day, trying to get him out of office instead of doing their jobs. They did nothing for us, the people. Nothing. They did not like the idea of a Black Man as President, and still don't. Don't bother getting all puffed up, and posting "Your using the Race Card, Foul, Foul, " either. The truth is the truth, and we all know it.

The truth is, your not going to hold all the crooked Politicians accountable. Your going to pick and choose the ones with your Party affiliation, crooks or not crooks. Yep, lots of "Gullible" people out there, including Obama Haters.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:45 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I have a better question, who could trust Hillary BEFORE today? Most Democrats didn't in 2008 you think we forgot or something? But if she is the Democratic nominee I'll support her up and until somebody hands here an indictment that's just how bad I view the Republican candidates.

Yes, all that.

I dislike Hillary, but dislike a lot of the GOP choices much more. I think Hillary lies way to much, but so do a lot of the GOP choices. I could go with Christie and probably would before I voted for Hillary, but I think Hillary will prevail, because Trump has the entire GOP at Bay, hiding in the woods, scared to death of him. The reason he scares them so much, is that they know that he knows where their vulnerable spots are, and he will be telling us where they stand. They will look bad if they deny, or if they don't, either way, so they know what's probably coming.

Trump knows how to take a little truth and shape it into "Razor Sharp" spears, which an opponent can not defend himself against without becoming very bloody. SO far he has decimated anyone that has had the nerve to speak against him, including the Press and Media. Trump is very heavy artillery. Will be interesting to see who is left standing after the onslaught of debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies