Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 10:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I don't have a misconception of what Section 8 housing is---rather it is you who has a misconception. To you, all Section tenants are just wonderful people who wouldn't hurt a fly. If only that was true.

I wouldn't want an elderly Section 8 person living next door to me. First of all, an elderly person living alone and renting a house on my street, would most likely not be able to keep up the property. As a Section 8 tenant, s/he wouldn't even have the money to hire people to maintain the yard. Plus, I doubt that the government would cover any part of the rent on a house on my street where only one person would be living.

As for not knowing who is Section 8---in my neighborhood, word would get out. And you are naive if you don't think that Section 8 properties don't stick out like a sore thumb in some neighborhoods.

I had a friend who, for years lived next door to a house where the landlord was renting to Section 8 people. Believe me, that house was not well kept up and no doubt, the landlord figured that it wasn't worth putting much money into it. Over the years, there was a steady stream of tenants that were from every race, religion and ethnicity. I heard many stories as to how those tenants negatively affected the quality of life for my friend. She spoke to the landlord and he didn't care.

You live in Portland, a place with no hoods, by your own admission. So you are out of touch as to what goes on in other parts of the country. Thus it's easy for you to sit in your ivory tower and throw brickbats at others and make ugly remarks
You act like I know where you live....I do not, so yeah. It seems like your issue is not with the tenant but more with the slumlord. I suggest reporting the slumlord because they shouldn't be getting government subsidies to be a slumlord.

Actually in Portland we have decentralized low income housing so it can be found throughout the city....that is why we don't have a ghetto here. Maybe one day you guys will catch on to that clue....until then, keep fear mongering about the nonwhite people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
^Pure BS---and you know it, too. I suspect that at this point, you're only in this thread to cause trouble. Let it go already. Time to move on.

And, prove that you don't fear non-white people. Move to a city that has a hood and buy a home there. Put your money where your mouth is.
So he didn't say "leeching minorities?"

Okay, I will take your challenge random person on the internet. Make sure to follow my instagram that documents this because I am off to go buy myself a house to prove a point to someone I have never met before!

Old 07-21-2015, 11:35 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So he didn't say "leeching minorities?"

Okay, I will take your challenge random person on the internet. Make sure to follow my instagram that documents this because I am off to go buy myself a house to prove a point to someone I have never met before!
I can't wait!/sarcasm

Old 07-21-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I can't wait!/sarcasm
Why don't we both buy homes in the hood and compare our notes.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:10 AM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Why don't we both buy homes in the hood and compare our notes.
You know better than to ask that. I have more sense than you do. I'm also not independently wealthy as you seem to be. I've lived in crappy neighborhoods before and know what it's like. It's about time you experienced this. After all, you seem to think that all the people in the hood are just misunderstood and that they will embrace you with open arms. So, why are you afraid to move there? After all, you've spent most of this thread insulting others and throwing brickbats. Time for you to practice what you preach

Old 07-22-2015, 12:13 AM

409 posts, read 258,883 times
Quote:
You act like I know where you live....I do not, so yeah. It seems like your issue is not with the tenant but more with the slumlord. I suggest reporting the slumlord because they shouldn't be getting government subsidies to be a slumlord.

Actually in Portland we have decentralized low income housing so it can be found throughout the city....that is why we don't have a ghetto here. Maybe one day you guys will catch on to that clue....until then, keep fear mongering about the nonwhite people.
Portland is like 90% white & Asian. There aren't any ghettos because there aren't any black people.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:26 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
Portland is like 90% white & Asian. There aren't any ghettos because there aren't any black people.
So when will the progressive libs make Portland 62% or less white like they have other people's neighborhoods? Or is 'diversity' one of those not-in-my-backyard deals.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
You know better than to ask that. I have more sense than you do. I'm also not independently wealthy as you seem to be. I've lived in crappy neighborhoods before and know what it's like. It's about time you experienced this. After all, you seem to think that all the people in the hood are just misunderstood and that they will embrace you with open arms. So, why are you afraid to move there? After all, you've spent most of this thread insulting others and throwing brickbats. Time for you to practice what you preach
You seem to make a lot of assumptions about me that are completely incorrect because I don't believe in the same fear mongering towards nonwhite poor that you seem to have....does skin color really scare you that much?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
And there you have it everyone, ghettos exist because people are black. If only black people could be white or asian (which now seems to be the same as being white) then they too could be accepted in nonghetto neighborhoods.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:38 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
And there you have it everyone, ghettos exist because people are black. If only black people could be white or asian (which now seems to be the same as being white) then they too could be accepted in nonghetto neighborhoods.
If people in the ghetto whatever their race wouldn't act ghetto then it would be just as good a place or better to live as anywhere else. Liberals' skin color/paint job/race card is played out.

There are plenty of Mexican ghettos nearby in California liberals could disperse into Portland to make it more 'diverse'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies