Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 09:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...you are willing to blindly rent your property to a Section 8 tenant all the while knowing that you wouldn't be able to pre-screen them. You say you would "rent to a renter willing to pay the rent". Well, guess what? Many of those Section 8 tenants are not willing to pay the rent --- they are the same ones who will trash your property. When you complain to the government and try to evict them, it's incredibly difficult to do so. Meanwhile, you are forced to keep them as tenants and helplessly watch as they further trash your property.

If you actually owned property and were forced to rent (Yes, forced to rent because you couldn't sell your house because the market is bad or you are underwater with your mortgage), you would certainly care about who will be renting it from you---unless your house is a total dump.

Maybe if you had a mortgage, you would understand. Given your naive comments, I would say that you are a renter.

Yes, there are decent Section 8 tenants but if one shows up with a voucher and wants to rent your property, you will have no way to screen out the bad ones.
Nice blanket statement on people needing Section 8 housing. In Oregon the eviction process is hard regardless if they are section 8 or paying market rate. All renters are a gamble when being a landlord.

You weren't forced to rent, you bought a house for more than it was worth and chose to rent rather than lose money on a bad business deal.

Currently I am a renter, at one time I was a home owner. I chose to sell years ago when I decided to move west. It didn't make sense to keep a place I no longer needed. Though just because I don't fear low income people, especially the black and brown ones, doesn't mean I am naive, it just means I haven't bought into the nonsense that comes from the fear mongers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFarrell View Post
You don't realize what this policy means in the long run…Thus, you don't know what this thread is about and have steered it away from the essence of the matter at hand...
It isn't hard to figure this out from the OP and posts thar agree with the OP. This thread is about poor nonwhite people. The policy is nothing more than actually utilizing the fair housing act that we already have in place.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:51 PM

209 posts, read 134,674 times
[quote=mm4;40493075]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFarrell View Post
Feel free to allow those speakers blaring Big K.R.I.T at 37 cycles on the street for hours at a time while the vehicle powering them sits double parked under the window of somebody's study space because it's chill and he ain't bothering nobody and [get] out of his face because food and sneakers and heavy white Target bags stuffed with new clothes are too effortless to come by with public assistance now and so this is available with the pocket change that doesn't have to go for that [mundane stuff] and why the [hell] is it any of your busines-...consideration (?) what the [heck] are you tawkin' 'bout [go away] [you]. We're movin' on up.

Tell me about it - I lived 30 years in the city of Los Angeles, saw and endured a lot.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
What can I say other than you are incredibly naive.
False, your lack of knowledge in how to best handle low incomes to best benefit them and the community is on full display. Many of you would rather force those that are poor into concentrated ghettos with little to no means to get themselves out of this situation, then point at them as if their income level makes them a criminal.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
False, your lack of knowledge in how to best handle low incomes to best benefit them and the community is on full display. Many of you would rather force those that are poor into concentrated ghettos with little to no means to get themselves out of this situation, then point at them as if their income level makes them a criminal.
So how is moving poor, ghetto people into middle class non-ghetto areas going to accomplishing anything besides ruin every neighborhood? This is just spreading crime and dysfunction everywhere. Being poor does not mean you have to be ghetto, violent and criminal. The people make the ghetto. The people who are not ghetto will succeed and earn their way out.

And the government has no right to search out white neighborhoods then spend tax dollars rounding up all the non-whites and planting them in the whites' neighborhood to ruin the tranquility. We don't need these white-hating jerks planted in our neighborhoods by psychotic white-hating government workers and with our own money. Hopefully, when we get a republican administration soon they will trash can all these commie schemes of this administration.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So how is moving poor, ghetto people into middle class non-ghetto areas going to accomplishing anything besides ruin every neighborhood? This is just spreading crime and dysfunction everywhere. Being poor does not mean you have to be ghetto, violent and criminal. The people make the ghetto. The people who are not ghetto will succeed and earn their way out.

And the government has no right to search out white neighborhoods then spend tax dollars rounding up all the non-whites and planting them in the whites' neighborhood to ruin the tranquility. We don't need these white-hating jerks planted in our neighborhoods by psychotic white-hating government workers and with our own money. Hopefully, when we get a republican administration soon they will trash can all these commie schemes of this administration.
Poor, ghetto people? I stopped reading there because that is the definition of fear mongering through generalization.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Poor, ghetto people? I stopped reading there because that is the definition of fear mongering through generalization.

Listen, you liberals can move the poor, all the non-whites, the illegals and the muslims from the middle east and Africa you bring to the US into your neighborhoods or move into theirs. But don't be using other peoples' tax money to disperse and dump them by force in peoples' neighborhood that don't want it. People have a natural and constitutional right to determine that it is not in their interest. You libs are destroying nice neighborhoods in a matter of months that literally go back hundreds of years.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:07 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Nice blanket statement on people needing Section 8 housing. In Oregon the eviction process is hard regardless if they are section 8 or paying market rate. All renters are a gamble when being a landlord.

You weren't forced to rent, you bought a house for more than it was worth and chose to rent rather than lose money on a bad business deal.
Just because you know the eviction process in OR doesn't mean that you know how it is in every state.

No, not all renters are as much of a gamble as Section 8 ones. Are you kidding me? How many times does it need to be pointed out to you that with non Section 8 tenants, a landlord can do a credit check and a background check---something that can't be done with Section 8 tenants. So, yes, it is a huge gamble taking on a Section 8 tenant. Why don't you get this?

No, the house wasn't a "bad business deal" because 3 years down the road, the market improved and it sold within 3 days of listing. You assume way too much.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Just because you know the eviction process in OR doesn't mean that you know how it is in every state.

No, not all renters are as much of a gamble as Section 8 ones. Are you kidding me? How many times does it need to be pointed out to you that with non Section 8 tenants, a landlord can do a credit check and a background check---something that can't be done with Section 8 tenants. So, yes, it is a huge gamble taking on a Section 8 tenant. Why don't you get this?

No, the house wasn't a "bad business deal" because 3 years down the road, the market improved and it sold within 3 days of listing. You assume way too much.
Progressive know they are destroying the quality of living in neighborhoods and for the middle class. They protect criminals and advocate for the most dysfunctional in society and scour the globe to bring in dysfunction. They're intentionally trying to cause dysfunction and deterioration of quality of living and society.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:14 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Well, then what's stopping you from moving into the local hood? You and your ilk love to move into such places because you think that all the residents are just misunderstood and that they will embrace you with open arms. Hey! You can get the whole gentrification process started by being a pioneer Go ahead---I dare you! Buy a house in the middle of the hood and let us know how it's working for you once you settle in.

BTW, no one is "forcing" anyone to live someplace. If hard-working law-abiding people find that a crappy neighborhood is the best that they can do, they get motivated to save up and move out. And before you come back with more BS and hurl insults---I know what I'm talking about as I worked hard to get out of such a neighborhood that was where my first place was after graduating college.

Don't you get that people who own homes don't want to see their property values brought down? You claim that you once owned a home but now prefer to throw away your money on rent. I'm sure that you wouldn't have liked it if your home had depreciated, would you? If you say it wouldn't have bothered you, then I would say that you are either lying or you are independently wealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies