Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 11:17 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Progressive know they are destroying the quality of living in neighborhoods and for the middle class. They protect criminals and advocate for the most dysfunctional in society and scour the globe to bring in dysfunction. They're intentionally trying to cause dysfunction and deterioration of quality of living and society.
I couldn't rep you again but this post is spot on. Libs want to force others to rent their properties to Section 8 people. Unless someone owns a house that's paid for and is a dump, no one would willingly rent to Section 8 people, considering you can't check them out the way you can check out non Section 8 tenants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 11:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I couldn't rep you again but this post is spot on. Libs want to force others to rent their properties to Section 8 people. Unless someone owns a house that's paid for and is a dump, no one would willingly rent to Section 8 people, considering you can't check them out the way you can check out non Section 8 tenants.
Progressive want your section 8 tenants to destroy your property and the neighborhood. That's why they protect, defend and force these problem tenets onto every property owner and every neighborhood with no way to separate the good from the bad. It's a form of passive aggressive behavior on the part of progressives.

I mean why do you think they would bring in 3rd world, perpetually warring muslims by the 10,000s into the country with no way to vet them? They hate religion and islam is the most exteme 'religion' ever. But progressives love to destroy the American public's quality of life.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:45 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is actually untrue, though I know that doesn't fit in with the fear mongering people are spoon fed.
It's completely true. The ghetto doesn't create these people, they create the ghetto. Happens over and over again and we've all seen it. Only those with ideological blinders deny it.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:01 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Sigh...this is not true. Section 8 "people" (tenants) go through the same background checks and rental verification as market rate "people."

Also, landlords MUST apply to be a part of the Section 8 program and have their property inspected prior to being accepted into the program. Many landlords are thrown out of the Section 8 program due to have substandard units/homes. FYI but most Section 8 tenants do not live in what you would think are "ghetto" neighborhoods. They live in very nice areas. Government does not "force" landlords to participate. Landlords participate because Section 8 is guaranteed rent for them due to the government paying 70% of it and so they jack up the price of their rent so if the tenant falls short of their 30% the landlord won't be out of any needed profits. The 30% is just a bit extra for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So how many "fair housing" units are there in your neighborhood?
There is no such thing as "fair housing units." The Fair Housing Act is a law.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:12 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,497,612 times
LOL @ "progressives want this" and "progressives do that." That's just one of the reasons I enjoy reading these kinds of threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
It's completely true. The ghetto doesn't create these people, they create the ghetto. Happens over and over again and we've all seen it. Only those with ideological blinders deny it.
As someone who has lived in a deteriorating neighborhood before, and who has seen the pattern many times in other locations, here's what I've seen: Neighborhoods decline because people leave. Sometimes, usually at the beginning of--or even before the start of--the decline, they leave for perfectly innocent reasons; they got a new job elsewhere, they died, they retired, etc. But, if the new owners/renters are people that others deem "undesirable" (often due only to a difference in class or race) then more people leave, because the neighborhood is "going downhill." If enough people believe that the neighborhood is "going downhill" and flee, this makes room for slumlords--and their tenants--who really will push a neighborhood into decline.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:16 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastRefugee2 View Post
OMG! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun away...

So what? A bureaucracy is doing what they do. It's not the end of freedom or the world as we know it.

What are you talking about? We are losing our freedom to not live near poor people. We don't segregate ourselves by race any longer. We do it by income. You pay for the neigbors of your choosing.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:41 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Section 8 doesn't mean criminal, it is not illegal to be poor in this country. Where do you get this nonsense? Also I don't own any rental property, so I wouldn't be renting to anyone. I guess if I had hypothetical property, then yes I would rent to a renter willing to pay the rent, even section 8.

My parents rented a house to a Section 8 recipient. The month after she moved in , she never showed up at the office to renew her benefits and so she never paid my parents a cent in rent again. It took them over 7 months and a sheriff to get her and her kid evicted. These people are criminals and will use whatever law they can against decent folks.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:50 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,497,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
My parents rented a house to a Section 8 recipient. The month after she moved in , she never showed up at the office to renew her benefits and so she never paid my parents a cent in rent again. It took them over 7 months and a sheriff to get her and her kid evicted. These people are criminals and will use whatever law they can against decent folks.
So, she was no longer a section 8 recipient? How long would it take to evict a section 8 tenant?

Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
LOL @ "progressives want this" and "progressives do that." That's just one of the reasons I enjoy reading these kinds of threads.

As someone who has lived in a deteriorating neighborhood before, and who has seen the pattern many times in other locations, here's what I've seen: Neighborhoods decline because people leave. Sometimes, usually at the beginning of--or even before the start of--the decline, they leave for perfectly innocent reasons; they got a new job elsewhere, they died, they retired, etc. But, if the new owners/renters are people that others deem "undesirable" (often due only to a difference in class or race) then more people leave, because the neighborhood is "going downhill." If enough people believe that the neighborhood is "going downhill" and flee, this makes room for slumlords--and their tenants--who really will push a neighborhood into decline.
Not true. Neighborhoods decline based on the type of people living there and how they take care of their property.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:06 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Uh huh...sure they did.

What inspections did they go through?

When did they apply to rent to an HCV tenant?

Also, if the tenant doesn't pay their 30% the landlord still gets 70% from the local housing authority so they got some money.

An eviction, if done expeditiously and by someone who knows what they are doing rarely takes longer than 3 months.

All HCV tenants (Section 8) go through background checks and thy are not eligible to be an HCV tenant if they have a criminal background.

Sounds to me like your parents rented to an unresponsible person who you are trying to claim is a Section 8 tenant. As stated above, there is a pretty in depth process to get one's house accepted in to the HCV program and the landlord has to sign a contract with the housing authority to be eligible to rent to HCV/Section 8 tenants. If your parents didn't do all that, they weren't Section 8 landlords. Also if the tenant was a HCV recipient and if your parents informed the housing authority that the tenant wasn't paying rent, then the housing authority would look into it and get that tenant kicked out of the HCV program.

ETA: In regards to re-certification (keeping HCV status) tenants don't have to go into the office every year to do that anymore. They just submit income verification papers from their jobs to show they are still eligible. It is very rare that an HCV recipient doesn't re-certify as required unless they actually are a criminal or got arrested during the course of the year and they have been kicked out of the HCV program. In that case, your parents would have been notified by the housing authority and if your scenario is correct, they can get the tenant removed due to lack of rent. As stated, it doesn't take 7 months. I am a landlord (though not a Section 8 landlord as due to me formerly working for and with housing authorities, I don't qualify to be a landlord) and I have had to process an eviction before and I have had tenants removed within 2 months from my property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies