Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 03:39 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sigh...this is not true. Section 8 "people" (tenants) go through the same background checks and rental verification as market rate "people."

Also, landlords MUST apply to be a part of the Section 8 program and have their property inspected prior to being accepted into the program. Many landlords are thrown out of the Section 8 program due to have substandard units/homes. FYI but most Section 8 tenants do not live in what you would think are "ghetto" neighborhoods. They live in very nice areas. Government does not "force" landlords to participate. Landlords participate because Section 8 is guaranteed rent for them due to the government paying 70% of it and so they jack up the price of their rent so if the tenant falls short of their 30% the landlord won't be out of any needed profits. The 30% is just a bit extra for them.

There is no such thing as "fair housing units." The Fair Housing Act is a law.
BS! Tenants do NOT go through the same background checks. If so, then explain to us why so many Section 8 tenants have turned out to be deadbeats who trash the properties that they rent.

Also, in some places, landlords are forced to take Section 8 tenants if one shows up to rent. You should read through this thread before running your mouth. Since you didn't bother to do that, I tell this again---We worked with a property manager to find a tenant for our house. One of the forms she gave us was one that asked if we wanted to rent to Section 8 tenants. We said "no". She told us that in the bordering state, there was a county that forced landlords to rent to Section 8 tenants should one show up. She also told us some horror tales about what she had seen regarding Section 8 tenants.

Yes, of course, there are some decent Section 8 tenants but a landlord has no way of knowing if the one who wants to rent his/her house is one of the good ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 03:40 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
This type of social-engineering NEVER works.....it just makes people angry and even MORE distrustful of Bigbrother.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This type of social-engineering NEVER works.....it just makes people angry and even MORE distrustful of Bigbrother.
Of Big brother and their handpicked and subsidized incompatible neighbors.

The people of the neighborhood have a natural and constitutional right to determine what kind of neighborhood they want.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:13 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Of Big brother and their handpicked and subsidized incompatible neighbors.

The people of the neighborhood have a natural and constitutional right to determine what kind of neighborhood they want.

UMMMMM, I hope you are right......but it doesn't look that way!

Old 07-21-2015, 04:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
[/b]

UMMMMM, I hope you are right......but it doesn't look that way!
Because of the unconstitutional and unnatural policies of progressives.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Listen, you liberals can move the poor, all the non-whites, the illegals and the muslims from the middle east and Africa you bring to the US into your neighborhoods or move into theirs. But don't be using other peoples' tax money to disperse and dump them by force in peoples' neighborhood that don't want it. People have a natural and constitutional right to determine that it is not in their interest. You libs are destroying nice neighborhoods in a matter of months that literally go back hundreds of years.
False, but feel free to build a little fence around you and your neighbors if that makes you feel better.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
False, but feel free to build a little fence around you and your neighbors if that makes you feel better.
So...have you decided to buy a house in the hood? After all, you seem to be the type that thinks if you buy such a house that all the surrounding neighbors are just misunderstood and will embrace you with open arms I say, go for it! You will be a pioneer spearheading neighborhood gentrification

Old 07-21-2015, 06:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Just because you know the eviction process in OR doesn't mean that you know how it is in every state.

No, not all renters are as much of a gamble as Section 8 ones. Are you kidding me? How many times does it need to be pointed out to you that with non Section 8 tenants, a landlord can do a credit check and a background check---something that can't be done with Section 8 tenants. So, yes, it is a huge gamble taking on a Section 8 tenant. Why don't you get this?

No, the house wasn't a "bad business deal" because 3 years down the road, the market improved and it sold within 3 days of listing. You assume way too much.
I don't recall claiming I did know how the eviction process worked in every state....I can only speak for the states I am familiar with because each state can be different.

In a number of states you are able to do background and credit checks on people with Section 8 vouchers....maybe the state you live in needs to change that regulation or law or whatever.

I can only go off what you tell me, which clearly you did not give all of the information. So when I said it was a bad business deal, it was off what you provided me without knowing you were withholding information to makes your situation sound worse than what it was. I have known people who also bought at the peak of the market only to find out that their property is still valued at $100K less than what they paid for it.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:23 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I think it's funny that they can get away with this...and then say they have no power over the Sanctuary Cities.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't recall claiming I did know how the eviction process worked in every state....I can only speak for the states I am familiar with because each state can be different.

In a number of states you are able to do background and credit checks on people with Section 8 vouchers....maybe the state you live in needs to change that regulation or law or whatever.

I can only go off what you tell me, which clearly you did not give all of the information. So when I said it was a bad business deal, it was off what you provided me without knowing you were withholding information to makes your situation sound worse than what it was. I have known people who also bought at the peak of the market only to find out that their property is still valued at $100K less than what they paid for it.
So...Explain this --- if there are states that are doing background checks on Section 8 tenants, then why, without exception, there are stories from each and every state about Section 8 tenants who are deadbeats who trash the houses they rent? After all, one would think that if they are doing background checks, then such stories would be very, very rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies