Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 05:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^Wrong! You have no argument so you twist words.

Where did I ever say that "non-white poor people" were out to get me? You should be ashamed for trying to put words in other people's mouths---considering that it was YOU who brought up the whole "fear of black and brown" people issue. Since no one else said that, it is clear that you must have an issue when it comes to skin color. If anything, I pointed out that lowlife criminal types come in every race, religion and ethnicity. It's sad that you only focus on "black and brown" people when discussing this issue.

The way you write and bend over backwards to defend all Section 8 tenants, suggests that you don't live near any of them. If you are being truthful, consider yourself lucky that the ones near you haven't caused problems for the rest of the neighborhood.

Do you own property? Would you willingly rent it to Section 8 tenants, all the while knowing that you won't be able to pre-screen them the way you would be able to screen others who aren't on Section 8? You can pre-screen non-Section 8 tenants to see if they have good credit and no criminal record but you can't do that with Section 8 tenants. Think long and hard before you answer this question.

It's easy to hurl insults at those of us who don't want to rent to Section 8 tenants when it is someone else's property instead of your own.
So tell us, where does your fear of poor people come from? This entire post is just full of your fear of people you have deemed to be less than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 05:46 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
We all know what they call a property owner that can't keep up with the never ending expense and upkeep of section 8 dwellers and the newly vouchered tenants that constantly trash the places....

A slumlord.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:58 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,496,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Tell us all about the demographics in your neighborhood. We'll wait.
Here's my zip code, because it's easiest to get, and remains somewhat anonymous: //www.city-data.com/zips/44505.html

Old 07-20-2015, 06:03 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,496,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
We all know what they call a property owner that can't keep up with the never ending expense and upkeep of section 8 dwellers and the newly vouchered tenants that constantly trash the places....

A slumlord.
Very true! Though, in those weird places where the property owner doesn't have a choice of whether or not they will accept Section 8, I might be more sympathetic.

But, I wonder how many of the people posting negatively about those who receive rental assistance already have such people in their neighborhoods, and don't even know it?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:51 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So tell us, where does your fear of poor people come from? This entire post is just full of your fear of people you have deemed to be less than you.
Give it a rest.

So, you don't fear living near a criminal element no matter what race, religion and ethnicity they are? You will happily reside in a very high crime area? You don't mind having a reduced quality of life?

Tell me why do you refuse to answer this question: Would you willingly rent your property to Section 8 tenants, knowing that you won't be able to pre-screen them the way you can with non Section 8 tenants? With non Section 8 tenants you can check their credit reports and find out if they have a criminal record----you can't do that with Section 8 tenants.

Answer the question already. You won't answer it because we know you wouldn't voluntarily rent to Section 8 tenants. So, instead you deflect and twist other people's words---and that's despicable---and you know it, too.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:52 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I don't think there's any reason to keep bothering with this guy. He has to be just trying to wind people up. Or he has mental problems. Or perhaps both. I'm putting him on ignore.
You are right. Something's going on with him. In the past, he didn't stoop to twisting people's words and hurling insults. Notice how he refused to answer the question about whether or not he would rent his property to Section 8 tenants?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
shuffling people around wont change them if you want to change them you must change the culture.
and there is much much resistence to that.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:39 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastRefugee2 View Post
sampled your posts. I see you arguing that weather in New England can show the global climate is not warming up.

I'd bet you also fall in line with "The earth heats and cools periodically." which of course is a red herring since climate scientists do not refute that fact.

I guess all the climate scientists are in cahoots and scientists with specialties in areas other than climate science know better? To be a skeptic is one thing, to play a climate scientist on the web/net is quite another.

For deniers of global warming, climate scientists insisting the globe is warming up, have got to be part of a conspiracy, an open one.

If the earth heats and cools periodically, and it is proven the earth is heating up the debate should be over how and why, not personal attacks on the scientists and appeals to the authority of non-climate scientists.
I guess you bathe daily in the Kool-Aid vat because all you do is parrot the usual leftist screed which has been shown repeatedly to be bogus. But, people like you really don't care about facts, only ideology, and the warmist belief has everything to do with ideology and nothing to do with science.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Many rural areas are quite depressed and would like to see that property inhabited.
Yeah, they're eager to see it inhabited by gang bangers, drug lords and welfare cheats.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Any data or information to back up this claim about this Columbus Ohio suburb you are talking about? Or did some non white people move in on your street and scared you?
You seem to be obsessed with people being scared of non whites. Most of us aren't scared, we just don't want our neighborhood wrecked. There's ample evidence that every time the government moves inner city trash into decent neighborhoods they are rapidly trashed and the decent people move out. You can deny it all day long, it's still the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies