Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 02:45 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
You know, just to be safe, you should probably isolate yourself--by at least a mile--from any other human habitation. You just never know when that property owner might decide to move away and rent to Section 8 tenants. Maybe 1 mile isn't enough?
No need. The leeches will create new ghettos and it's easy enough to predict where they will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 02:55 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
American ghettos come from polices of liberals and Jews. You're welcome.
No thanks.

Usually prefer more educated responses.

Bless your heart.

Old 07-20-2015, 02:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
No thanks.

Usually prefer more educated responses.

Bless your heart.
You mean brainwashed PC replies.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:29 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

Also you are aware white people can be poor too? You seemed to omit that when talking about your fear of other classes.
White people can be poor? OMG! I didn't know that /sarcasm.

YOU were the one who brought up "fear of brown and black people". As for your inane comment referring to my supposed fear of other classes---stop twisting my words.

When talking about economic classes of people---pay attention!---once again I'll explain it to you---it has nothing to do with race, religion or ethnicity. Low class criminal lowlife types come in every race, religion and ethnicity---seriously, you didn't know this?

You are fortunate that none of the Section 8 dwellers in your supposed utopian neighborhood are all well-behaved people who take excellent care of their properties. You must know that that is not the norm.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:30 PM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
The level of apathy and stupidity of the average American as it relates to government control and freedom from government is mind numbing.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
You know, just to be safe, you should probably isolate yourself--by at least a mile--from any other human habitation. You just never know when that property owner might decide to move away and rent to Section 8 tenants. Maybe 1 mile isn't enough?
Tell us all about the demographics in your neighborhood. We'll wait.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well, I've written 900 things on this website, which is sad enough. You seem to spend most of your life on here, and it shows in your detachment from reality.
But yes, I'm wrong and full of nonsense. Middle-class suburbanites are dying to have poor people from the hood moved into their neighborhoods. In fact, I can't imagine why they moved to ever-remote suburbs in the first place, since what they really want is to live amongst the "fair housing" set. How could I ever have thought otherwise?
Good job with trying to personal attack and do some fear mongering.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
White people can be poor? OMG! I didn't know that /sarcasm.

YOU were the one who brought up "fear of brown and black people". As for your inane comment referring to my supposed fear of other classes---stop twisting my words.

When talking about economic classes of people---pay attention!---once again I'll explain it to you---it has nothing to do with race, religion or ethnicity. Low class criminal lowlife types come in every race, religion and ethnicity---seriously, you didn't know this?

You are fortunate that none of the Section 8 dwellers in your supposed utopian neighborhood are all well-behaved people who take excellent care of their properties. You must know that that is not the norm.
You're right, because I was the one who realized what this thread was really about, and since pointing that out a number of fear mongering posters have proved me right.

As for who lives in my neighborhood, I have never claimed that people that are on section 8 vouchers don't live near me. I actually don't worry about the income levels of my neighbors. But you keep thinking nonwhite poor people are out to get you.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You're right, because I was the one who realized what this thread was really about, and since pointing that out a number of fear mongering posters have proved me right.

As for who lives in my neighborhood, I have never claimed that people that are on section 8 vouchers don't live near me. I actually don't worry about the income levels of my neighbors. But you keep thinking nonwhite poor people are out to get you.
^Wrong! You have no argument so you twist words.

Where did I ever say that "non-white poor people" were out to get me? You should be ashamed for trying to put words in other people's mouths---considering that it was YOU who brought up the whole "fear of black and brown" people issue. Since no one else said that, it is clear that you must have an issue when it comes to skin color. If anything, I pointed out that lowlife criminal types come in every race, religion and ethnicity. It's sad that you only focus on "black and brown" people when discussing this issue.

The way you write and bend over backwards to defend all Section 8 tenants, suggests that you don't live near any of them. If you are being truthful, consider yourself lucky that the ones near you haven't caused problems for the rest of the neighborhood.

Do you own property? Would you willingly rent it to Section 8 tenants, all the while knowing that you won't be able to pre-screen them the way you would be able to screen others who aren't on Section 8? You can pre-screen non-Section 8 tenants to see if they have good credit and no criminal record but you can't do that with Section 8 tenants. Think long and hard before you answer this question.

It's easy to hurl insults at those of us who don't want to rent to Section 8 tenants when it is someone else's property instead of your own.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:59 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^Wrong! You have no argument so you twist words.

Where did I ever say that "non-white poor people" were out to get me? You should be ashamed for trying to put words in other people's mouths---considering that it was YOU who brought up the whole "fear of black and brown" people issue. Since no one else said that, it is clear that you must have an issue when it comes to skin color. If anything, I pointed out that lowlife criminal types come in every race, religion and ethnicity. It's sad that you only focus on "black and brown" people when discussing this issue.

The way you write and bend over backwards to defend all Section 8 tenants, suggests that you don't live near any of them. If you are being truthful, consider yourself lucky that the ones near you haven't caused problems for the rest of the neighborhood.

Do you own property? Would you willingly rent it to Section 8 tenants, all the while knowing that you won't be able to pre-screen them the way you would be able to screen others who aren't on Section 8? You can pre-screen non-Section 8 tenants to see if they have good credit and no criminal record but you can't do that with Section 8 tenants. Think long and hard before you answer this question.

It's easy to hurl insults at those of us who don't want to rent to Section 8 tenants when it is someone else's property instead of your own.
I don't think there's any reason to keep bothering with this guy. He has to be just trying to wind people up. Or he has mental problems. Or perhaps both. I'm putting him on ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies