Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 07:12 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
there are way much more important issues on the agenda then legalizing pot for God's sake? Are you crazy or just high?

Yes there are many important issues, however; the drug war is a big issue and a big failure! At any rate, I don't know about you, and no offense, but I take individual freedoms and liberties quite seriously, and don't seek to compromise another's unless their actions have caused harm to another person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 07:37 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes there are many important issues, however; the drug war is a big issue and a big failure! At any rate, I don't know about you, and no offense, but I take individual freedoms and liberties quite seriously, and don't seek to compromise another's unless their actions have caused harm to another person.
well, perhaps I'm being to snotty about it, but if someone needs it for medical purposes like seizures, then you all have my humble apology....and yes, it needs to be done, if this is the only thing that helps seizures....however, it must be controlled like any other drug perscribed by a medical doctor, right?

I honestly thought, the person who posted this was someone who simply likes to get high....so so sorry.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Thank you for shaking me awake.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:21 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
there are way much more important issues on the agenda then legalizing pot for God's sake? Are you crazy or just high?
There is no issue on the agenda more important than freedom. Are you crazy or just drunk?

Old 08-04-2015, 09:53 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
If Chris Christie thinks Americans deserve the freedom to disease themselves from excessive calorie consumption, then he should not be a hypocrite and allow Americans the freedom to consume cannabis.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:08 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There is no issue on the agenda more important than freedom. Are you crazy or just drunk?

Theirs nothing more important than wasting trillions of dollars harassing and jailing freedom lovin peoples for 76 years..

any politician that says they will go after medical mj will be cooked goose..

Old 08-04-2015, 11:20 AM

923 posts, read 1,430,381 times
Quote:
Tell that to the otherwise law abiding citizens who now have a criminal record because they got caught with some weed and are now finding it more difficult to get a job they're qualified for but denied because of the arrest. It's the failed war on drugs that's hurting so many, not the weed.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:44 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,692,780 times
They are not idiots. They are political puppets owned and operated by big business and pharmaceuticals is one of the biggest.
I realize that there are a majority of recreational users who would like cannabis legalized, however the medical use possibilities are huge. If cannabis were legal a cancer patient could grow his own medicine instead of paying pharmaceutical companies $10k-$20k a month for a med with horrible side effects. One nasty side effect is going bankrupt to stay alive.

Secondly we the taxpayer are paying about $67k annually to house a minor drug offender incarcerated for drug, cannabis, possession and other trivial offenses. The legalization of cannabis would save billions by not jailing minor offenders. However, most prisons today are privately owned and a for profit operation. To maximize their profit then need to keep their cells full. Christie and the other political puppets will ensure they do.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:22 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
As the obesity rate climbs, so Chris Christie's political base does expand.

He's a shrewd dude.
Waist not, want not.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
Tell that to the otherwise law abiding citizens who now have a criminal record because they got caught with some weed and are now finding it more difficult to get a job they're qualified for but denied because of the arrest. It's the failed war on drugs that's hurting so many, not the weed.
I don't have a problem with using weed for medical purposes...but if you legalize it, you'd just have way more stoned people driving...and that is what I'm against. We have enough problems with alcoholics killing people on the road, we don't need to add to it.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
They are not idiots. They are political puppets owned and operated by big business and pharmaceuticals is one of the biggest.
I realize that there are a majority of recreational users who would like cannabis legalized, however the medical use possibilities are huge. If cannabis were legal a cancer patient could grow his own medicine instead of paying pharmaceutical companies $10k-$20k a month for a med with horrible side effects. One nasty side effect is going bankrupt to stay alive.

Secondly we the taxpayer are paying about $67k annually to house a minor drug offender incarcerated for drug, cannabis, possession and other trivial offenses. The legalization of cannabis would save billions by not jailing minor offenders. However, most prisons today are privately owned and a for profit operation. To maximize their profit then need to keep their cells full. Christie and the other political puppets will ensure they do.
yes, the med possibilities are huge, I for one have MS, and you'd better believe I'd smoke it now and then for the pain....however, I wouldn't drive high, just like I wouldn't drink and drive, but many people would....

and BTW, horrible to say but true....Cancer is a huge lucrative business....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies