Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 06:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Kids are never too young for gun safety. Gun safety just changes for them as they become older. Education is important in an armed household. If you aren't going to teach your children gun safety, then you probably shouldn't have a gun in the house until they are grown.

I'm finally going to teach my 12 year old how to shoot this weekend. My wife is cool with it, and considering I'm going back up to the woods this weekend with my buddy who is an ex-marine, as well as has his CCW, he is all about safe handling of firearms. He has had his boy shooting since he was 6. Not to mention I grew up with guns in my house, and knew that they weren't a toy, and want my son to understand the aspects of gun safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 06:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Huh not seeing it.

However I have this overwhelming need to go out and buy maxpacks of boner and heart attack prevention pills with a six pack of limerita Bud to wash them down.

Yeah I know interesting combo. Must have been the Boomer Margaritaville generation target audience for that half hour of commercial programming.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?

We all have choice in life....
It is called freedom & liberty.

If you don't want one or have the need for one, then don't get one.
But you better not ever tell me I shouldn't have one or 100. You don't make my choices for me.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:27 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Quote:
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to give up my right to buy/own/carry a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Anti 2A demonstrations all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about gun control on TV and the radio.

It's like the soft American culture expects me to be unarmed 24/7, and that if I don't surrender my firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?

Old 08-10-2015, 08:56 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Anyone else tired of the 'waaaaaaah people do things I don't like' culture?
Yes, it's getting old.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
merica luvs walmart, suvs and violence. What do you expect. not a nation of hi-thinkers
I like firearms, hate Walmart and despise the violence I see on the news. Although, I tend to focus on the people that are committing the violence, not whine about the tools used. The 17 year old kid that shot up the police car in Ferguson didn't to it just because he had a gun (which he broke several laws just having it) he did it because he is a bad person with a hatred for law enforcement.
I like SUV's as well, the larger the better. Sure do miss my Ford Excursion...

Old 08-10-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
and as backup to your claim, that mericans aren't high thinkers, i offer as evidence the fact obama won not one but two presidential elections!
lol !:d

Old 08-10-2015, 09:22 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to give up my right to buy/own/carry a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Anti 2A demonstrations all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about gun control on TV and the radio.

It's like the soft American culture expects me to be unarmed 24/7, and that if I don't surrender my firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
Yes. And, this is the actual truth of it, not what the OP is claiming. All this spreading of fear, like manure in a garden, is getting VERY old. I think I'll go shooting today. Haven't been out in a while. Need to dial in the scope on my AR. Whilst I'm out and about, I'll look for all this, "go buy a gun now" advertising , it is said we are being deluged with.

Truthfully, the only gun advertising I see is in gun shops, or at gun events. Maybe I need to look closer?

Old 08-10-2015, 09:24 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Yes. It's like living in the matrix sometimes. This country has a real problem with facts when they interfere with "freedom"!

Statistics show that guns are a terrible form of protection. They also show that 2015 is the worst year for mass shootings (and we are only in august), but why let that spoil the party. Merica.
That is a typically ignorant anti gun statement. The anti-gun zealots have been proven time and again to manipulate facts to suit their whinny philosophy.

If someone is a gun hater and under letal force attack I promise not to use my gun or put my freedom, finances and families future on the line for you. You can just bleed out in the street like happened to the transgender girl stabbed in Fresno - as alluded to earlier in the thread in the reference to the sheriff.

I carry a gun because there are unfortunately a LOT of bad people out there - you can read of hundreds of incidents each day around the country.

I carry a gun because my neighborhood and business location is a war zone of druggies and criminals. Several businesses nearby to mine have been victims of armed robberies.

I carry a gun as a last ditch defense against tyranny in govt.

I carry a gun not out of fear, or for intimidation, but because I can't predict the many dangers we face in society.

I carry a gun because the constitution says I can, and if someone doesn't like that, screw them.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:

Considering I see about 200 erectile dysfunction medication advertisements for each gun ad I see, I can only assume such pressure has you walking around with an erection 24/7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies