Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 08:08 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,476,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm not sure you disprove anything and you're not the only person I'm talking to here.
Really? So Victorias Secret and Vera Wang styled dresses with the bust pushed up isn't a woman - driven push for self-sexualization of breasts? Woman aren't buying push up bras to get their chests out? Low cut revealing clothing is pushed by men? No. This, along with fashion as a whole, is basically a woman's only (or gay guy) club. I enjoy seeing it because I love women and the female form in general. But I also don't blame men as to why women can't bare breasts and say it shouldn't be sexualized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 08:18 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If one stopped and thought about how many times a day a man thinks about sex compared to a women......one would find it is about sex more than control. I am not sure how any respectable woman would find being topless any where she feels like it, would be considered a liberated woman.

I barely like watching TV with all the women trying to get attention with their boobs instead of actual talent......Fox news is probably the biggest offender........this is probably the only reason for high ratings.
ALL the news channels are in a contest to see who can use the hottest women with the biggest hooters. Don't kid yourself.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:27 AM

14,029 posts, read 15,041,009 times
Why do Men's rooms have Urinals and Women's rooms do not?
man sexism is everywhere.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:23 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,472,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Because bare women's breasts are highly sexually stimulating, and men's are not.

Check your pulse!
Not highly stimulating to YOU. A fit shirtless male does a lot more for me than a female.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:34 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,472,464 times
The argument about "men get turned on by female breasts" and "women would get catcalled/raped more" is a bunch of malarkey.

1. You cannot blame cat calling or rape on the victim. It's up to grown ass men to act their age and have class.
2. Guess what, men, straight girls are attracted to male chests just like you are to female chests. Maybe not to the same level, mostly because our society is has made bare chested males a common sight and bare chested females an uncommon sight, but trust me, there's no shortage of heterosexual and bisexual women, ogling shirtless men.

Sorry that your body isn't very fit and women aren't checking you out, but when a guy looks like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...62ed61af0c.jpg it can be just as sexualised as a female version.
The only real reason, is simple sexist double standards. Finito.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:33 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
i have no problem with women going topless

Old 08-17-2016, 08:36 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i have no problem with women going topless
Me neither

Old 08-17-2016, 08:42 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
I am not saying it is right but historically there has been a double standard as concerns male vs female intimate exposure, and female breasts are included under the heading of intimate exposure.

It is just a deep seated cultural norm. Not only were girls and women shielded from guys seeing them, their modesty was such that they were largely shielded from each other. Girls didn't have gang showers, boys did. Girls didn't have group physicals in the raw, boys did. Girls didn't swim nude at the YMCA or in school gym classes, boys did. Girls were supposed to be modest and boys weren't supposed to have any modesty at all. Such practices have changed in recent decades as concerns boys but the underlying thinking of girls are modest and it doesn't matter for boys hasn't.

Women reporters go into male locker rooms, male reporters aren't allowed in women's locker rooms.

Women prison guards can strip search male prisoners. Male prison guards can't strip search female prisoners.

Doctors are about evenly split male/female these days but nursing & tech staff is 90 - 95% female. If a woman must have intimate exposure in medical settings, she can usually assume her nurses & techs will be female whether she feels the need for that or not. At the same time society thinks it is OK for men to have intimate exposure to any woman wearing scrubs, including teenage CNA's fresh from a couple months training at the local technical school, whether that is OK with the guys or not. In some States CNA's can be as young as 16.

The long standing tradition of female modesty must be protected but not that of men remains with us. I believe it is legal in some States for women to go bare breasted anyplace that men are allowed to, yet in those states it is rare for a woman to do so. Cultural norms do not allow it.

I don't think we're even remotely close as a society to changing this double standard.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:56 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I am not saying it is right but historically there has been a double standard as concerns male vs female intimate exposure, and female breasts are included under the heading of intimate exposure.

It is just a deep seated cultural norm. Not only were girls and women shielded from guys seeing them, their modesty was such that they were largely shielded from each other. Girls didn't have gang showers, boys did. Girls didn't have group physicals in the raw, boys did. Girls didn't swim nude at the YMCA or in school gym classes, boys did. Girls were supposed to be modest and boys weren't supposed to have any modesty at all. Such practices have changed in recent decades as concerns boys but the underlying thinking of girls are modest and it doesn't matter for boys hasn't.

Women reporters go into male locker rooms, male reporters aren't allowed in women's locker rooms.

Women prison guards can strip search male prisoners. Male prison guards can't strip search female prisoners.

Doctors are about evenly split male/female these days but nursing & tech staff is 90 - 95% female. If a woman must have intimate exposure in medical settings, she can usually assume her nurses & techs will be female whether she feels the need for that or not. At the same time society thinks it is OK for men to have intimate exposure to any woman wearing scrubs, including teenage CNA's fresh from a couple months training at the local technical school, whether that is OK with the guys or not. In some States CNA's can be as young as 16.

The long standing tradition of female modesty must be protected but not that of men remains with us. I believe it is legal in some States for women to go bare breasted anyplace that men are allowed to, yet in those states it is rare for a woman to do so. Cultural norms do not allow it.

I don't think we're even remotely close as a society to changing this double standard.
We're working on it: Genderless Society | Full Measure

Old 08-17-2016, 09:01 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post

Not so much in Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies