Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 10:23 AM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
At what point in time and where was it decided that men can be shirtless but women can't? And trust me, there are many men in this country that are in more serious need of upper chest support than some women. Both men and women have nipples, why is it that since women have more rounded breasts they ought to be covered up, and it's considered "nudity" if they aren't?
Because of global warming. You don't want your future kid sucking on some environmentally damaged nipple, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 11:23 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times
The only reason I would agree that women should be topless...to raise awareness:

This Woman Is Walking 1,000 Miles Topless to Raise Breast Cancer Awareness | Women's Health

Old 07-05-2016, 11:27 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,000 times
Because we as a "society" condone some imposing their will upon others. We as a "society" condone violence and aggression. We as a "society" believe that some people have a "right" to impose their personal interests and beliefs upon others. Specifically, in this case, a combination of a primitive religious leftover and the insecurity of others in addition to the above.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:28 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Women wants to get paid for revealing their personal features. If you make it openly legal you are removing one way a women gets paid.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:40 AM

788 posts, read 512,302 times
Quote:
At what point in time and where was it decided that men can be shirtless but women can't? And trust me, there are many men in this country that are in more serious need of upper chest support than some women. Both men and women have nipples, why is it that since women have more rounded breasts they ought to be covered up, and it's considered "nudity" if they aren't?
Because bare women's breasts are highly sexually stimulating, and men's are not.

Check your pulse!

Last edited by Propulser; 07-05-2016 at 11:52 AM..

Old 07-05-2016, 12:07 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,714 times
Perhaps it has already been stated in this thread but it is legal in most States for women to go topless anywhere that men can go topless. Here in Vermont public nudity is legal in most jurisdictions. Lewdness however will get you arrested.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:07 PM

45,543 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Our society is so sexualized right now, we couldn't handle a bunch of topless women. It would be a mess.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:32 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,473,891 times
Quote:
Women ALLOWED it? How? I think it's something special to the United States in many ways, gore and death is looked upon as more natural than nudity is. Things weren't always as they are today. Of course they're improving, women used to not even be able to wear pants in this country, let alone the swimsuits and bikinis of today.
Yes. Which is why push up bras, lingerie, and other assorted sexualized clothing sell like hot cakes.

Seriously, I love me some boobs and I don't mind seeing girls topless (legal in NY) but lets not pretend there is no difference between male and female genitalia/sex organs.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:09 PM

788 posts, read 512,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Perhaps it has already been stated in this thread but it is legal in most States for women to go topless anywhere that men can go topless. Here in Vermont public nudity is legal in most jurisdictions. Lewdness however will get you arrested.
Put the bong down.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:22 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Yes. Which is why push up bras, lingerie, and other assorted sexualized clothing sell like hot cakes.

Seriously, I love me some boobs and I don't mind seeing girls topless (legal in NY) but lets not pretend there is no difference between male and female genitalia/sex organs.
Just bc you men can't keep it together is no reason I should have to cover my boobs or go to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies