Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 08:35 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Really? Why should we care whether or not Iran thinks Israel or any other country should exist?
Well, I guess we could just tell them to hate Israel all they want. I just hope they don't complain to us when Israel bombs their nuke development sites. Oh, I guess you really believe that Iran won't continue to develop a nuke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 09:03 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Agreed. I saw mitch meeting bibi and he was not what you would call an American statesman. Embarrassing. Smiling lap dog. Like a naive kid in a hope line with a cute girl.
Touche! It is so embarrassing that you would think that Israel is the World Power instead. The Republicans told their voters to give them a majority and there would be results. They haven't done a darn thing since taking over Congress. McConnell and Boehner are toothless. Obama the lame duck owns those two guys.

As for the conditions and votes on the Iran deal, this is a waste of legislative time. Haven't they learned anything from the 59 votes by the House to repeal Obamacare? Intelligence and Republicans in the same sentence is definitely an oxymoron.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:11 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
It would be a good move-if McConnell actually goes through with it. Right now we have given Iran everything-a pile of money (via ending of sanctions) and NOTHING in return. We help them finance their nuclear ambitions, as well as their support for international terrorism...and get NOTHING in return. This plan would put a little balance in things.

Obama's willingness to help Iran acquire nukes and funding-while not even bothering to negotiate the release of US citizens rotting in their prison shows as much about his true loyalties as anything else he has done since taking office.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:03 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It would be a good move-if McConnell actually goes through with it. Right now we have given Iran everything-a pile of money (via ending of sanctions) and NOTHING in return. We help them finance their nuclear ambitions, as well as their support for international terrorism...and get NOTHING in return. This plan would put a little balance in things.

Obama's willingness to help Iran acquire nukes and funding-while not even bothering to negotiate the release of US citizens rotting in their prison shows as much about his true loyalties as anything else he has done since taking office.

I suggest you learn a little about the deal rather than repeating whatever nutjob 15 year old blogger's BS you just recited.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:22 PM

595 posts, read 368,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This deal is to prevent Iran from getting nuclear arms, it is not about anything else including Israel.

This action speaks volumes about what is important to the GOP, a historic deal to prevent nuclear proliferation and suddenly it's all about Israel.

In Last-Ditch Ploy, Mitch McConnell Ties Iran Deal To Recognition Of Israel
The condition that the U.S. get its citizens, who are currently being held by Iran, back through diplomacy could be done. The U.S. could see if Iran would do it with the deal, or hash something else out. It is in U.S. national interest to protect its own citizens.

I do not get why the U.S. should do anything for Israel, much less make Iran recognize them. It is irrelevant to the U.S. whether Iran recognizes Israel or not (U.S. is not asking any of its Gulf allies to recognize Israel). Anyone see the U.S. trying to force Russia, and China to recognize Kosovo, or Russia trying to force the U.S. to recognize Abkhazia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abkhazia

Old 09-15-2015, 11:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Well, I guess we could just tell them to hate Israel all they want. I just hope they don't complain to us when Israel bombs their nuke development sites. Oh, I guess you really believe that Iran won't continue to develop a nuke.
They might. So. It'll never hit the U.S.

And Israel ain't gonna do a darn thing. If they could've, they would've done it already.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
I suggest you learn a little about the deal rather than repeating whatever nutjob 15 year old blogger's BS you just recited.
So what did he miss?

Old 09-16-2015, 01:33 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
The Democrats are traitors -- always have been.

Their party platform fits a neat formula:

America bad

white Americans extra bad

white American males extra especially bad

rich white American males extra-extra-especially bad

rich conservative white American males extra-super-extra-especially bad

rich conservative Christian white American males extra-extra-super-duper-extra-especially bad.

And what is super good to them?

A young, bearded, non-white, Muslim jihadist illegal immigrant on welfare planning an attack on the Great Satan.

Back in the old days, their super good pick was a Communist giving the Soviets the secrets of our nuclear arsenal.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A deal they have been working on with 5 countries for almost 2 years to prevent nuclear arms and now they want to throw in recognition of Israel, anything else?
Prevents nothing. Enhances Iran getting the bomb. The mad mullahs will do whatever they want regardless of any empty promises from them.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:21 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
The condition that the U.S. get its citizens, who are currently being held by Iran, back through diplomacy could be done. The U.S. could see if Iran would do it with the deal, or hash something else out. It is in U.S. national interest to protect its own citizens.

I do not get why the U.S. should do anything for Israel, much less make Iran recognize them. It is irrelevant to the U.S. whether Iran recognizes Israel or not (U.S. is not asking any of its Gulf allies to recognize Israel). Anyone see the U.S. trying to force Russia, and China to recognize Kosovo, or Russia trying to force the U.S. to recognize Abkhazia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abkhazia

I think this deal is complicated enough without expanding to the dual Iranian-US Citizens, some real questionable backgrounds. They may have very well attempted to put that in the deal but the focus is nuclear capability. There are other others in place, next up for debate is how to remove sanctions.

I could care less about Israel's recognition, it is unimportant to the US and what exactly does that do for Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies