Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 12:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

Well I thought the topic was about Bill Boards.
I have no issue with Roe v.s Wade.
I do have an issue with partial birth abortions. It is a horrendous procedure. If done to an animal the individual would most likely go to prison.
Stabbing a partially born infant in the base of the skull with scissors and then sucking its brain out while it thrashes in agony. Allegedly only performed on a fetus that is suffering gross defects? Like Cleft pallots? Like down syndrom?
Originally only to be used to save the mothers life but frequently used for late term abortions. No longer a glob of unwanted cells but a viable person able to sense and feel pain. Something is wrong with anyone who would willingly torture an infant in this way. Hide behind excuses but this procedure is flat out wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 PM

194 posts, read 362,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
We have capital punishment for murder. If we want to call an abortion a murder.. why would their punishment be different from somebody who was outside of a womb? You want to claim that they have the same rights, that a toddler and fetus are equal.

Why would the punishment for the killing of either be different?
I'm not an advocate for capital punishment. I am not an advocate for any human being having the power to eliminate another human being.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:07 PM

19 posts, read 59,818 times
blast the billboards with a red paintball gun. i also like it when i see a sign that says "i was alive at conception" and someone has graffitti'd the words "and gay" afterwards.

a very happy infant in the billboard.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 PM

194 posts, read 362,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
I don't know where you get the 200,000 number from...

There are many many many many babies/children needing families. In this countries and in others (mostly 3rd world countries). People don't want those "special needs" children. Some do, thank God. But many do not. They do not think they can "cope".
In the adoption world it is called the big 3-HEALTHY, INFANT, WHITE.
According the National Counsel for Adoption, almost half of all adoptions in the US are of special needs children and the number is rising. While, yes there is a very long waiting list for healthy white babies, there is a very long waiting list as well for minority and handicapped children.

I'm sure many will automatically want to throw out the argument "what about all those in foster care and the older children in need of adoption?" My response is: How is killing a baby going to help them? When people try to justify killing babies by saying there are children who aren't getting adopted right now, they are talking about two separate and unrelated groups of children. The interesting thing is that the children they want to kill are the ones that are easiest to place and therefore are not part of the problem. Does is really make sense to say, "We have a group of children over here who are difficult to place for adoption, so let's kill this other group over here?" I mean seriously, how does killing a child from one group going to make a child from the other group any more attractive to adopt? How is killing a baby going to help that 10 year old in foster care? Is killing our children really the solution to all those kids in need of families? Absolutely not, so lets talk about how we can really fix the foster care system and how we can make the adoption process easier and cheaper. Lets not make the solution to those problems killing our unborn children!

Last edited by JOJOG; 02-01-2008 at 01:56 PM..

Old 02-01-2008, 02:15 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, we don't need to answer you again and again.

If people wanted to answer this question, they would have done so the 6 or more times you've asked it.
Their silence speaks volumes on this subject. Like I said, it seems I have many rethinking their positions. All I ask is that they be intellectually honest enough to admit they were wrong or do as Mooseketeer and admit they do indeed support a woman's right to kill her fetus/baby for any reason anytime before the umbilical cord is cut.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
No, it speaks to your redundant question being irritating and your behavior troll-like. Very few, if any, people rethink their positions. But you know this already. The reason people aren't responding is probably because they've put you in their filter.

There, you asked it again, so you're trying to disrupt the already O/T thread by asking the same question.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:09 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,440,947 times
I doubt you have people "rethinking" their position. As Chielgirl said, we just get tired of the same questions... all this is very unproductive and I doubt anyone changes their mind because of an endless barrage of asking the same old questions that have already been answered. Problem is you don't like the answer and keep asking - the answer won't change. There have been several threads here, just like this one. I don't know of one person that has changed their mind, at least no one has said so. I know I won't change my mind. Even if I wouldn't have an abortion I would NEVER force women to have children they do not want. The unwanted children end up paying the price, often with physical or mental abuse, sometimes worse. If I had a choice to be born to someone that didn't want me, or not be born, I'd rather not be born. And my mother did not want me, often I wish she had been able to find someone that would have given her an abortion...I have no doubt that my "soul" or whatever you want to call it, would have been born to someone else, maybe someone that actually wanted a child, would have been nice....

Old 02-01-2008, 04:11 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,133,731 times
Quote:
When people try to justify killing babies by saying there are children who aren't getting adopted right now, they are talking about two separate and unrelated groups of children.
You brought up adoption.

Adoption and abortion are 2 different topics.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:23 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
We have capital punishment for murder. If we want to call an abortion a murder.. why would their punishment be different from somebody who was outside of a womb? You want to claim that they have the same rights, that a toddler and fetus are equal.

Why would the punishment for the killing of either be different?
I would say that anyone performing medically unnecessary abortions is guilty of murder and should be liable to punishment for that crime, yes.

I don't advocate bombing abortion clinics (although I understand the sentiment), because, as of right now, abortion is still legal. However, as I stated before (maybe in the other thread), despite my own significant lack of religious fervor, I hope there is a special place reserved in hell for abortion advocates, and especially for those that actually carry them out. It may not be against our man-made laws, but if there is a just God, He will take care of them in the afterlife.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:23 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, it speaks to your redundant question being irritating and your behavior troll-like. Very few, if any, people rethink their positions. But you know this already. The reason people aren't responding is probably because they've put you in their filter.

There, you asked it again, so you're trying to disrupt the already O/T thread by asking the same question.
Only closed-minded people don't rethink their positions from time to time. I've provided a reasonable scenerio that may disrupt some people's long-held positions. Any open-minded, logically thinking, intellectually honest person would consider such a scenerio and decide whether or not their position is consistent. In this case these same people who say they are pro-choice but do not support this scenerio would likely conclude that they are not pro-choice but more pro-property rights, realizing that the fetus/baby would at some point gain the rights of other humans to be protected. Some consider this point as being the point of viability. I consider it the point at which it's human brain waves can be measured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies