Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 10:32 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

He does have job security to worry about.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:38 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
My experiences
Dealers don't discriminate

You are part of the problem or part of the solution for a healthier stronger community and world

If one uses drugs they have no respect for themselves.. They certainly have no respect for others...

Potheads easy pickings? Laughable..potheads don't get addressed in California.. Aren't you staying up with the times? We focus our efforts on major illegal operations ... Granny twelve plant never sees an leo in her life of pot

So tonight as you whine about respect please point the finger at yourself first
So none ? No meth dealers? No heroin cartel types? You're on a one man mission to rid California from weed?
Good luck with that. I'll save my respect for the guys that are bringing in the death merchants. I haven't smoked pot for 20 years or so, so you can save the "drug of choice" nonsense.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Google marijuana and deaths.. Cartel trade... Many articles (sorry..on my phone tonight)

Do you think the the mj you use was produced in a domestic vacuum..and that because its just marijuana that criminal cartels don't use it as a source of major funding ?

Users love to tout they know the source of their mj.. Reality very few produce it themselves . Even commercial domestic producers lie.. As evidenced by the 182 page rocky mountain high report I provided . Not one proponent has read ...

Do you deny cartels, organized crime, and criminal gangs commit wholesale murder for your drug of choice? Thousands of deaths have been attributed to this true war for drugs!

Do you think the cartels aren't here in America in our forests growing. For Leo they are a major focus for us. Kidnapped ... Blindfolded.. In a van nine hours later dumped in a forest ordered to grow.. While their family is threatened with execution back in Mexico...

The panacea of some pie in the sky legalization won't even slow this down

Does your mj have blood on your hands?...there is some strong circumstantial evidence showing same. I agree based upon what I've seen.

Proponents will never admit the harm they are causing

Innocent drug... Far from it

Jesus Christ!!! Then the solution is simple!!!! END PROHIBITION!!! Or are we still going to fail to learn from history and the harm that prohibition policies have caused! Worked really well for prohibition of alcohol didn't it???

Old 10-09-2015, 06:04 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Jesus Christ!!! Then the solution is simple!!!! END PROHIBITION!!! Or are we still going to fail to learn from history and the harm that prohibition policies have caused! Worked really well for prohibition of alcohol didn't it???
He doesn't get it. He's never going to get it. He thinks that law enforcement is always right, even if they gouge out the eyeballs of suspects. He thinks that MJ is the equivalent of meth. Do your own math.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:22 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
Sorry.. I also have responsibilities which take precedance over chatting with mj afficiandos. Your childish references to running off display stupidity on your part and reinforce doper mentality.

OK

Solutions...

Enable the ten year fda study for medicinal value...

Get all federal agencies on same page... Nih vs dea vs homeland security vs bureauof prisons

If the study shows large scale medical benefits reschedule

If above provide system for growing by Monsanto ADM and Phizer... They are salivating anyway...

Distribution to go through legitimate avenues in place

Follow state models for reduction of criminal penalties... Although I doubt that simple possession is more than a ticket anywhere in the US... It has been since the 80s in California.. But national standard should be simple possession ...a cite

Consider 2 ngm dui national standard...no wiggle room

First dui conviction mandatory interlock device

Fastrack roadside testing devices

More resources dedicated to stopping cartels.. Including mass deportations of criminal gangs...

National, state and local taxes on mj..similar to alcohol.. To fund all the programs necessary to deal with the deleterious effects of mj upon society.. From prevention..to treatment..to enforcement. Community based anti drug coalitions should be heavily subsidized.

Make mj importation trafficking (in addition to all other drugs)a federal death penalty offense. Enforce it.

Make domestic trafficking carry stiff criminal and civil penalties including forfeiture and seizure of all assets..

Maintain drug free zones within the borders of all states for people who do not want to be affected by doper behavior. Codifying states to appropriately regulate to a minimum national standard within their borders recreational mj without fear of federal reprisal..banking etc
However these same states are subject to civil litigation by adjoining states for negative marijuana behavior. Keep the civil bar low.

All manufacturers must have criminal free backgrounds.. Including all employees.

Allow citizens to successfully sue government for failing to protect them from nrgative mj behavior large-scale

Enhance and enforce environmental damage prosecutions by illegal mj growing

Establish a mj czar entirely funded by mj profits to act as a clearing house nationally on all aspects of mj. I'm not sure bringing this under d.e.a is the right thing.. But..probably yes after new standards are met

Allow successful civil cases for citizen to citizen mj negative behavior.. I'll call this you blow your obnoxious weed smoke in my face concept.. Which is simplistic.. Which encompasses a wide range of obnoxious person to person behavior... For example our d.a.won't file on some pothead who deliberately blows mj smoke in the face of another.. We have tried for prosecutions as simple assault with an intoxicating substance.. Unsuccessful so far...but its coming

Enable a whole batch of social host laws... For example some of you get giddy thinking of marijuana bars and resorts..the social host law would hold these places responsible for dui and calls for service directly related to mj...as we already have for alcohol

I have more... But that's a start

Old 10-09-2015, 06:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He doesn't get it. He's never going to get it. He thinks that law enforcement is always right, even if they gouge out the eyeballs of suspects. He thinks that MJ is the equivalent of meth. Do your own math.

I realize it's an easy payday for him, but the whole premise of cannabis prohibition is based on lies, and pandering to special interests! It has always been about money! And, in regards to thinking that because he is law enforcement that he is always right, I'll just say that just because something is a law, it doesn't make it a just or moral law. Slavery was the law at one time, as was segregation in certain places. Were they just, or moral laws? I would say absolutely not! Furthermore, none of the Reefer Madness crowd can seem to show me where the Amendment is in the Constitution for prohibition of cannabis. They had to go through the process of amending the Constitution to implement, and later repeal the prohibition of alcohol, but did no such thing for cannabis. Nope. Take bribes, and kick backs from other industries, rig the game in the favor of their cronies, and waa-lah it's illegal! How f***n' convenient!..... How un-Constitutional.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:44 AM

1,077 posts, read 873,032 times
After all the avoidance, the awkwardness and the blunders, it was obvious that help was needed: Someone had to explain to these people how to talk about drugs.
Few conversations flummox members of Congress more than the one over legalizing marijuana. As public opinion rapidly shifts, lawmakers have ducked, dodged and bobbed. The prevailing Capitol Hill mind-set is that pot is a political loser. The country is divided, the thinking goes, and the safe path is to sidestep the minefield.

Increasingly, however, avoidance does not work. As more states legalize either medical or recreational marijuana use, members of Congress are being asked to take positions. The results are often cringe-worthy.
So earlier this year, in an over-air-conditioned third-floor Capitol hearing room, an unlikely team of political operatives took it upon themselves to school congressional staff on how their bosses can have “the talk” with voters.

Group tries to teach lawmakers how to talk about pot (latimes.com) - via 1001portails

Quote:

Third Way argues the greater risk lies in not touching the issue. Too
many states have already moved toward legalizing, the group argues. The trend
suggests the majority of states could be there by 2020.

“A significant majority of voters believes legalization of marijuana
is inevitable,” said Graham Boyd, a strategist who guided state legalization
efforts and was enlisted by Third Way to help engage Congress.

“This is a change we all know is coming. So the conversation has
quickly shifted to, ‘How do we get there?’”

Eventually, I think they will get there.

It's the Feds who need to get on the same page.

NYC has already decriminalized the amount one can have in their possession.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:11 AM

321 posts, read 420,364 times
Quote:
OK

Solutions...

I have more... But that's a start
I'm not going to quote the whole post as it is really long, but I agree with many of these "solutions". Very good compromises mostly that allow for individual rights, while still maintaining control and with the safety of citizens in mind.

Now, if you could stop using "doper" etc... When I think of "doper" I think of a guy shooting heroin.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:32 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's why we have to end their reign.

It's slowly coming to an end. Can't wait till the Police state is dead.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:12 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy View Post
I'm not going to quote the whole post as it is really long, but I agree with many of these "solutions". Very good compromises mostly that allow for individual rights, while still maintaining control and with the safety of citizens in mind.

Now, if you could stop using "doper" etc... When I think of "doper" I think of a guy shooting heroin.
Doper is a definition in a dictionary
Behavior is the outcome
There are dopers and there are users... I think the differences are pretty clear.. 10-25 percent of the marijuana users are dopers..
The rest are.......
Lacking self awareness
Misguided
Lost
Morally hurting
Have poor or low self esteem
Weak willed
Or just plain dumb

Some percentage can "handle" the effects of narcotic use and stay on the rails just "fine".. Even they however pay a price for being unconscious

Lowering of iq.. On average 7-10 points is something that occurs in the formative brain .. A permanent effect of heavy mj use

As we met with those 700 students yesterday the dopers stood out.. But more importantly those who choose to excel using all their faculties stood out more...
Thank God ... It's going to be their world and we aren't giving them a great one

In other mj news yesterday in Humboldt county.. Part of the emerald triangle enacts more ordinances to control the growing of medical mj and the deleterious effects it has upon communities

They looked at our ordinance and tweaked it for their county...

Board of supervisors have to become drug experts... What a drag

It about behavior not the plant

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-09-2015 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies