Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 10:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

The question shouldn't be what restrictions can we legally place on society but rather , what can we legally do that actually might make a difference.

That would be to concentrate on mental health issues and what affect drugging a generation of kids has done.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:27 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Almost no one wants real solutions to mass shootings.

WHY, because it has abso****inglutely nothing to do with guns, their availability or the 2nd Ammendment.

It has to do with the rotting core of Amerikan Society.

Those solutions are too Gordian Knot like to even be attempted.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:52 AM

659 posts, read 312,821 times
Default Progressive thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Almost no one wants real solutions to mass shootings.

WHY, because it has abso****inglutely nothing to do with guns, their availability or the 2nd Ammendment.

It has to do with the rotting core of Amerikan Society.

Those solutions are too Gordian Knot like to even be attempted.
Makes me want to buy a gun and shoot myself...

Old 10-09-2015, 10:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
Makes me want to buy a gun and shoot myself...
Well here in California it is now legal.

However you would need to pass a background check, be a legal citizen, pay a fee on top of the price of the gun and then wait ten days to fulfill your now legal right to do so.

I mean if you want to do it all legal and snuff [sic].

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 10-09-2015 at 11:04 AM..

Old 10-09-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well here in California it is now legal.

However you would need to pass a background check, be a legal citizen, pay a fee on top of the price of the gun and then wait ten days to fulfill your now legal right to do so.

I mean if you want to do it all legal and snuff [sic].
As long as we are having yuks..., or just for the record, it is not legal to shoot yourself anywhere in America, though for those with that interest, the law is the least of their concerns.

California has yet again proved itself rightfully progressive to pass the law that allows physician assisted suicide, not too long after the well-known case of the young woman from California with brain cancer that had to go to Oregon for the same right...

Old 10-09-2015, 02:10 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,887,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
yeah, great post.

Tell it to Australia. Seems that once they made all their gun laws a lot harder, all those spree shooters must of moved there. Right? because now its so easy

Never has a spree killing been stopped by a armed civilian.
No? Courtesy of Wikipedia...

At about 1:00 p.m. MST (20:00 UTC), thirty minutes after the 11:00 a.m. service had ended at New Life Church, Murray opened fire in the church parking lot, shooting the Works family and Judy Purcell. Murray then entered the building's main foyer where he shot Larry Bourbonnais, hitting him in the forearm. At this point, church member Jeanne Assam, a former Minneapolis police officer, opened fire on Murray with her personally owned concealed weapon. Police say that after suffering multiple hits from Assam's gun, Murray fatally shot himself.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
yeah, great post.

Tell it to Australia. Seems that once they made all their gun laws a lot harder, all those spree shooters must of moved there. Right? because now its so easy

Never has a spree killing been stopped by a armed civilian.
Are you ever going to admit you're dead wrong, or just continue to repeat the same outright lies over and over?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ass-shootings/

My guess is you'll be completely intellectually dishonest and not admit you're wrong and will continue to lie.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:03 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Are you ever going to admit you're dead wrong, or just continue to repeat the same outright lies over and over?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ass-shootings/

My guess is you'll be completely intellectually dishonest and not admit you're wrong and will continue to lie.
Oh you mean trolling? That one is good at that.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:45 PM

Is it just me or has this thread gone south?

Old 10-09-2015, 04:46 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
"The founders took careful pains to ensure that the Constitution was written so that even a common man could understand it. They did this by design, because they knew that people would try to contort and invent against the text."

I am no Constitutional scholar as admitted before, certainly not like others posting in this thread who seem convinced they are so qualified, but I don't believe the founders were trying to write the Constitution for the sake of easy understanding. They thought, argued and debated long and hard over the words they felt would best achieve their goal of establishing a rule of law that would guide America as summarized in the preamble. That was the goal, and no easy one to achieve or take for granted.

As for understanding, the founders included Article III, to establish that the judicial power of the United States would be vested in one Supreme Court. Why, because they knew not everyone would necessarily understand or interpret the Constitution in the same way. This is why I always remind people or caution them about thinking they know so much as to what is or is not Constitutional, because more often than not, they really don't know. Myself included as I have been surprised at times by SCOTUS rulings, but I respect what the Supreme Court Justices know that the rest of us don't.

"So, when the Supreme Court hands down a ruling, than yes, I think a laymen is in just as relevant a position to challenge the ruling and make a case against it as even a learned scholar."

Good for you. I would tend to disagree...
You forget that Supreme Court justices are mere mortals. They are not Gods and their rulings not sacrosanct. And when you consider the potential for personal politics and activism to play a role on the bench, it certainly leaves room to question their decisions... Even they don't always agree with one another. Rarely is there ever a unanimous decision among all nine. I am also my own person with my own thoughts and knowledge just like they are. I'm not willing to cede my own judgment just because "they said it, so it must be right"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies