Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 09:17 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The question shouldn't be what restrictions can we legally place on society but rather , what can we legally do that actually might make a difference.

That would be to concentrate on mental health issues and what affect drugging a generation of kids has done.

Oh, so now you want to concentrate on mental health issues. Where have you been the last few centuries when no one cared about that. But now that this has become a gun issue you care and want to blame it on the drugs they take.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Perhaps certain states should have all the guns and ammo they want and let Darwin sort it out.
Darwin IS sorting it out, the vast majority of people killed with firearms are criminals were better off without. If you liberals would quit enabling the worst members of society to keep breeding Darwin might stand a chance, but instead you're making Idiocracy come true.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Oh, so now you want to concentrate on mental health issues. Where have you been the last few centuries when no one cared about that. But now that this has become a gun issue you care and want to blame it on the drugs they take.
Ronald Reagan’s shameful legacy: Violence, the homeless, mental illness - Salon.com

They toss out mental illness as something to blame but the reality is they do not care about mental illness. Their policieis show it.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:51 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well where the heck did you think it was going to go.

Guess you missed Obozos presser the other day where he stated he was purposely going to make it his Political Mission to do something about more gun control.

Just wait until Dear Leader issues some sort of feel good Executive Action.
I just bought extra primers and powder cause the ammo is going to be flying off the shelves. Obama is the number one ammo and guns advertiser this Country has ever seen.

I'll be plickin away loading ammo this winter when the shelves are bare. Especially if Clinton makes the final four.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:17 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I just bought extra primers and powder cause the ammo is going to be flying off the shelves. Obama is the number one ammo and guns advertiser this Country has ever seen.
As usual, Obummer has it wrong. My views here, Gun Violence - A Gun Problem or a Mental Patient's Rights Problem?

Old 10-10-2015, 04:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
[/b]

Where have I been the last few centuries? I'm suppose to take a post that starts like this seriously? You have no idea how long I've been concerned over drugging our kids and the future affect it might have but dont let that stop you.

Who do you think I am that I would have had any influence for centuries? Are you saying I'm absolutely wrong to question whether this is playing a role?

Old 10-10-2015, 04:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Ronald Reagan’s shameful legacy: Violence, the homeless, mental illness - Salon.com

They toss out mental illness as something to blame but the reality is they do not care about mental illness. Their policieis show it.
*Their*? I support and I'm voting for Sanders because he is the only one arguing to stop the killing we are leading in the middle east. *Their*? Please explain.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:18 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
*Their*? I support and I'm voting for Sanders because he is the only one arguing to stop the killing we are leading in the middle east. *Their*? Please explain.
Obama made the same argument. That worked out well....

Old 10-10-2015, 09:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

I'll be plickin away loading ammo this winter when the shelves are bare. Especially if Clinton makes the final four.
In case you feel the urge to go on a rage killing spree?

Old 10-10-2015, 10:35 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Default Multiple issues...

Quote:
[/b]

The challenge of reducing gun violence involves a good many issues. You've got people who have no business owning a gun for all variety of reasons. You have mental health issues, improper use of fire arms, training and safety issues, minors, accidents, and drug issues, among the rest.

As details emerged about the ragtag threesome — who were arrested in Oregon and are expected to be returned to the Bay Area soon for prosecution — San Francisco police revealed that the gun used in the killings was taken from a lock box in an unlocked car near Fisherman’s Wharf on either Sept. 30 or Oct. 1.

Suddenly armed, the three moved quickly, police said. They are accused of killing Audrey Carey, a 23-year-old from Quebec whose body was found the morning of Oct. 3 in Golden Gate Park, and Steve Carter, a 67-year-old tantra instructor, who was gunned down on a popular trail northwest of Fairfax on Monday evening.

Carter was shot multiple times, and when a fellow hiker discovered his body shortly after 6 p.m., he was still clutching the leash of his Doberman pinscher, Coco, who was shot in the head and chest but survived.

Lampley, Angold and Alligood were arrested outside a Portland soup kitchen two days later after police tracked the GPS system in Carter’s Volkswagen Jetta station wagon. They not only kept the car, but still had the gun and the lock box as well as camping gear belonging to Carey, investigators said.

How they allegedly got ahold of the murder weapon underscores the problem of gun burglary, particularly in San Francisco, which has seen a spike of car break-ins this year. In July, a pistol taken from a federal agent’s car was used in the high-profile killing of Kate Steinle on the Embarcadero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies