Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 11:04 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times

Advertisements

I just realized how rabid the OP is about this subject. Almost a year and a half ago he/she started a similar thread, filled with as much propaganda as this one is:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...abis-seek.html

After analyzing some of this poster's other rants, I have come to the conclusion that they are likely either a LEO or a for-profit prison employee.

It's all about agenda, agenda, agenda with these folks. It certainly isn't about reality.

I expect this poster, and others who rely on prohibition for income, will continue for the next several years to find articles like these to fuel their ongoing campaigns about the ills of cannabis. And all the while, they will continue to look even more and more ridiculous as places like CO and WA, with many more to follow, continue to flourish.

Looks like it is Ohio's turn tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov. 3rd, voting day).

Old 11-02-2015, 11:07 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,824 times
So what finny? If more people are mellower and happier, I'll take a slight uptick in the vaguely defined 'disorder' category.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:42 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
I form my opinions based on who I know smokes it and how they behave and what it does to them.
What two or three people ??

Old 11-02-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
I saw what he ate and I saw the effect, that is all.
Then your proof is worthless.

I watched a guy at a bar drink ONE shot of whiskey, he left and while driving he was speeding went through a red light and killed a carload of teens .... his BAC level was .26.... must have been some shot.

**just a story, this didn't really happen**

Old 11-02-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So does opium but only a stoner would argue to legalize that plant.

Comparing Opium to Marijuana is apples and automobiles.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Stop putting out bold face false information

Pot heads are not jailed... Haven't been for thirty or more years.. They get a ticket if they possess illegally

I think you need to go back and research, that is NOT the case in every state, some states DO jail those caught with Marijuana.

Do you guys call everyone that drinks alcohol a DRUNK or ALCOHOLIC too?

I can almost bet you guys have a beer or two with your steak on Saturday too.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Well its good that you acknowledge the evidence that people ARE being murdered for marijuana... Or shall we say more accurately for the control of a drug distribution network. The Colorado experiment and those other states that have it also show that any legalization comes with violent consequences.. Crime..robbery ..quality of life crime. Legalizing it won't make those disappear... Evidence out there shows illegal marijuana production increased geometrically... And in the case of some Colorado cities makes their crime much worse... Also why 70 percent of Colorado cities and counties choose no way.. Or heavily restricted its use.
Your solution and supposition is legalization will increase supply and illegal production will subside. Nothing could be further from the truth. It could happen..but from all available evidence so far this is not the case... The illegal producers will continue unabated.. Follow the money... And in a twist of perfect capitalism.. Too much profit.. It's not like drug users wont cheat.. Many have been for years..and we see in Colorado buying unregulated dope is cheaper
Unlike alcohol which I think it a horrible drug the purpose of mj is to get the high... There are states of being high... But high is the purpose. Mj afficiandos only want to get "higher" which is why they immediately went to edibles and honey oil production
Proponents always want to paint a positive picture so they consistently deny or downplay any negative aspect of widespread pot use.

Another intoxicant? Really.. Like we need more ?

Monsanto
Archer Daniels Midland
Con Agra
Phizer
Ef Lilly
Squibb

Call me when they have it

This week we had another mj store robbed... It specialized ..well it only sold to.. The pot community. The suspects dressed as fake dea agents...abet poorly... Got the safe..AND got the dope on premise

Continue snarkey personal attacks?
Or face the evidence..real evidence.. Not something conjured up in a swirl of mj smoke

Most of America hasn't experienced the full effects of mj widespread use.. When and if they do they will go the way of areas that have... Because this is what we see over and over.. Control regulate and make illegal activities brought on by those who seek unfettered drug use

Rocky mountain high report

We had a bank robbery a couple days ago, guess we better close the banks too ...
A few guys dressed as armored car agents and "robbed" a store ... better close those too.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:33 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times
Big vote tomorrow in Ohio! See this thread for detail > //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-big-weed.html

Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 PM

94 posts, read 76,478 times
Alcohol should be illegal too. It's dangerous and I need the government to tell me what to do because I'm too stupid to make responsible decisions. More big government

Old 11-02-2015, 07:44 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Marijuana isn't "addictive" like other drugs, and with moderate use it is basically harmless.

WATER, an item required for life as we know it, can kill you if consumed in sufficient quantity.

Yeah, you sure can get addicted to pot........just like you can get addicted to any pleasurable drug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies