Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 02:18 PM

168 posts, read 135,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annanomus View Post
this is what i don't get. I keep reading post after post about her "disrupting" the class. Simply having a phone in your hand is not disruptive. Yakking away on the phone, or playing some annoyingly loud game or blasting spotify is. No account i've heard yet reported her being loud, obnoxious, or disruptive...just having her phone out. The teacher could have told her to put it away and left it at that. If she chose not to, and chose not to pay attention to the class, that's her choice. She doesn't have to learn, and the teacher cannot bully her into learning. The students who want to learn will learn whether or not another student has a cell phone in their hand.

Basically, both the teacher and the sro and the "little girl" wanted to flex their muscles and show everybody who was boss. If the main concern was her "disruption" of the class, i can't imagine watching their classmate get slung and thrown around the room didn't distract the other students more than a stupid phone. Complete overreaction. I'm glad the cop was fired and the school administration needs to have their asses handed to them as well.

Kids misbehave sometimes. If someone is in a position where they can't handle a defiant, smart mouthed, smart aleck teenager without resorting to violence, they need to find another line of work.

ftfy.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:21 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're making broad generalities that don't really work.

Try Fairfax County, Virginia or Montgomery County, Maryland.
There are of course going to be exceptions that prove the rule …

Old 10-29-2015, 02:33 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquiller1 View Post
Geez. How would you feel if someone you loved had just passed on and you were told just to "get over it?
It happened in the past two years. Best advice I was ever given.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:35 PM

60 posts, read 35,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Well, not everyone is as resilient as you are. I still think it is incredibly insensitive to tell someone to "get over" a loved one's death. Obviously, the person will move on eventually, but that usually takes time.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:36 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
but you are an adult, she is only 16.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2015 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 10-29-2015, 02:37 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's a terrible lose either way, but the difference is one is usually financially and emotionally dependent on the other as a child and the other is an adult.

RIH to your brother, sorry for your loss.

Yeah, she's the only teenager in the history of the world to ever be disruptive in class or anywhere for that matter.

I would love to get your thoughts on the woman who killed four people because she was depressed and unhappy with her life (Oklahoma State HC Parade), because I notice you didn't post in that thread.

The fact that you would be okay with a 16 year old girl who lost her mom and grandma within the last year and is in foster care getting her neck broken by a police officer because she didn't want to leave a classroom is the only savage and dramatic thing here.

Who the hell would wish a 16 year old would be paralyzed and on a ventilator for the rest of their life?

I don't really feel like putting in the effort into people like you whose only opportunity to feel big and bad in life is behind a computer screen on a forum, so I'll just leave it at that.
Her Mother and grandmother dying have nothing to do with her not being able to follow the rules set forth by her school. These rules were long in place before she lost her guardians. IF she is so damaged than she shouldn't be in school to begin with. Since she is a ward of the state she should be put in a state run mental institution to receive the help she needs or she will wake the **** up and get over it real quick.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:50 PM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
As a young person, no, I never defied one of my teachers, the school principal, and a police officer ...
I said parents. Not teacher, principals and police.

And BTW, I sure did defy teachers on plenty of occasions while in HS. We were supposed to tuck our shirts in. Half the time, I didn't. We were supposed to keep our school ID hanging from our neck at all times. Half the time I didn't. We were supposed to keep quiet in class. Again, (see above.)
I got kicked out of class plenty of times for those things. Got lots of detention. A few times, I forged my mother's signature on letters explaining why I couldn't go to detention (and forgery is a MAJOR crime when discovered.) I didn't turn out to be a criminal. I didn't do drugs. I got in a few fights, but that was mostly the result of my being bullied in my freshman year. I wasn't a fighter. I wasn't a "bad" child. Just a bit rebellious at times.
I still ended up with good grades and with a prolific college experience. Ignoring teachers doesn't mean a child is "bad," nor does it mean a parent failed to raise the child properly. You think my mother didn't do her best to punish me for acting a fool? She was one to ALWAYS agree with teachers, regardless of whether they really were right or wrong. I still acted out -- like most teenagers do at some point.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I got kicked out of class plenty of times for those things.
When they told you to leave class, what did you do?

Old 10-29-2015, 03:06 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Mmmmmmm. I'm torn on this one. Sendinv a cop in to deal with this is swatting a fly with a 12 ga. How should we have expected this to end? A cop vegs non compliance, they use force. End of story. Tbags how ghehre grained these days. Even a bing of escalation from a "suspect", winds up in an MMA match. The police should NOT have been involved in this. This little snot nosed brat needed dealing with, a d she desperately needed and deserved an azz whuppin'. But, in a more ..subtle..manner, that shamed her in front of her peers. A brain power whuppin'. She's not so bright. Wouldn't have been that bard to do, but, cops don't think like that. They put the problem down to the mat.

I don't blame the cop so much. He was out of his area. This shouldn't have even had the door cracked open for this to happen. If schools are that bad, where a simple disciplinary issue with a bratty little bit**, needs a cop to deal with, I just don't know....

Old 10-29-2015, 03:10 PM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When they told you to leave class, what did you do?
I left, of course. We had this HUGE and ALWAYS-ANGRY security lady. I was scared ****-less of her lol.

And yes, I do understand that this is a very different response than this girl's. I used me as an example of a defiant teenager who wasn't "bad," and who didn't grow up to be a criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies