Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 07:32 PM

1,069 posts, read 712,926 times

Advertisements

Hopefully the kids in that class now know, when you are told to do something....DO IT....no questions....this isn't a negotiation. Hopefully lessened learned

Old 10-27-2015, 08:20 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You missed my point.

Why should anyone have to resort to physically removing her from the room?

It never used to get to that point. Students would never defy a teacher like that, period.

Students never talked back let alone physically attacked teachers like they do today......and that all has to do with parenting.

So, how do we address that? IDK, perhaps, after incidents like this, the parents and the child should have to attend a few mandatory weekend counseling sessions. At least that would motivate the parents to start to address their child's bad behavior at home.
It also happened in the sixties too

The bad behavior may not be the parents fault, liFE is not always so simple that there is one reason for all problems.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:29 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
So you saw what led up to what we see in the video, please share it
Force such as was used should be judged on what is happening not what happened in the past. It looks like assist by the officer, she was posing no physical threat to anyone and we do not punish people by throwing them down onto the ground.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:29 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoad View Post
How else was he supposed to handle someone that obviously disobeyed everyones' orders, oh I guess they should have just stuck around and begged her for days if thats what it took, huh??
What a stupid comment. Where did I say the cop should have stuck around and begged? I was just trying to say he didn't have to go with that kind of aggression initially. If he had to use more force later, so be it. I have lots of respect for cops, but just personally felt he could have handled it better. So try again your sarcasm gypsy!!

Old 10-27-2015, 08:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
What a stupid comment. Where did I say the cop should have stuck around and begged? I was just trying to say he didn't have to go with that kind of aggression initially. If he had to use more force later, so be it. I have lots of respect for cops, but just personally felt he could have handled it better. So try again your sarcasm gypsy!!
What should the cop have done … ???

Old 10-27-2015, 08:47 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,299,469 times
I just watched the Kelly File. I saw the second video. You can see her clearly strike the side of his head as he is attempting to lift her up. He then flips her over but you can see her legs caught in the chair. Then he yanks her away from the chair. Personally I think the community will get its way here. Maybe time could be on his side. However with all the outcry I just don't see him keeping his job. For those that like to throw around race here it was also mentioned that this deputy has a black girlfriend.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:49 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times
Aaaand there goes the outrage. Gotta love righteous indignation without all the relevant info.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:50 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I just watched the Kelly File. I saw the second video. You can see her clearly strike the side of his head as he is attempting to lift her up. He then flips her over but you can see her legs caught in the chair. Then he yanks her away from the chair. Personally I think the community will get its way here. Maybe time could be on his side. However with all the outcry I just don't see him keeping his job. For those that like to throw around race here it was also mentioned that this deputy has a black girlfriend.
It's "open season on cops" all over America ...

Old 10-27-2015, 09:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Why are there police needed in schools?

Because parents no longer parent, they leave that to the schools.

You get what you put into kids. Look what you're getting.
Police presence in schools started in the 50's, in some schools.

Police presence began to become more obvious since Columbine and grows with every school shooting.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-27-2015 at 09:26 PM..

Old 10-27-2015, 09:14 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Policd presence in schools started in the 50's in some schools.

Police presence began to become more obvious since Columbine and grows with every school shooting.
I agree with cops in schools. However I don't think cops should be dealing with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies