Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Agree with Obama that Americans are Shameful?
No 267 84.23%
Yes 50 15.77%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 05:52 PM

5,661 posts, read 5,091,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It would be better to close the door to refugees altogether than to have a religious test.
There is no reason for any country to accept refugees from anywhere. No good has ever come from admitting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 05:54 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,437,038 times
I've never subscribed to the notion that Islamo-fascists represent a small minority of muslims like the KKK and it is an overall peaceful religion.

Yes there are some very moderate and well-educated muslims and even that the majority are not violent. However, A very sizable portion of them are anti-Semitic, severely masochistic, and overall not tolerant of others. Everywhere that muslims come into contact with other religious groups there is severe violence and even war. Israel, Pakistan/India, Muslim/Christian Africa, heck they can't even get along with Buddhists (Myanmar). They also believe anyone who converts from Islam should be executed. That is also the reason why many violent prison inmates are attracted to Islam.

I feel sorry for the moderates but I don't respect Islam in general and think bringing these refugees into the country because they belong to a sect of Islam that ISIS hates is a bad and dangerous idea. Islam is just not compatible with our modern civilization.

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Why doesn't he go to the Arab Gulf States and shame THEM for not taking refugees? We have to open our hearts to random Muslim strangers and open our wallets to illegal aliens...when does America get to be for Americans? I believe in helping others but NOT to your own peril! Self-survival is the first instinct.

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Obama is a traitor and needs to be removed from his position.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:55 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Exactly, and distorting it is--shameful. He is right. The founders did not intend for America to be led by any religion. No matter how you try and twist it, the founders understood religion had no place in creating or enforcing national policy. They had seen the corruption first hand.

A challenge for conservatives, take the REAL quote above and find error with what he really said. A religious test isn't American and hypocrisy is shameful. You might not enjoy having your bigotry exposed, but a spade is a spade.
He is cherry-picking something someone said in his usual attempts to make others look bad and prop himself up. It's disingenuous. He is the shameful one.

The governors are wanting to block specifically from Syria -- a specific country, not a general region or religion -- because of this Paris attack.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:57 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
If you listen to the full quote, which I highly doubt conservatives will do as it doesn't fit their agenda, then yes I do agree with him.

Thanks to WilliamSmyth for posting it. And if you didn't read it then, read it now:

"And when I hear folks say that, well, maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims, when I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which person who's fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted, when some of those folks themselves come from families who benefited from protection when they were fleeing political persecution, that's shameful," he said, his voice rising. "That's not American. That’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion".

Old 11-16-2015, 05:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
This is the problem with the Obama haters. They do not hear what he actually has said. They make it up as they go in order for it to fit their agenda.

He said it is shameful to have religious tests for people coming into the country. And it is.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:58 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Awesome. More 3rd world folks who multiply like rabbits for the taxpayers to support. Bonus points for the possibility that some may wanna slaughter the rest of us at some point.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So do you believe that only Christians should be allowed to enter the United States?
Only Christian refugees of muslim persecution and non-muslim Westerners should be given visas and permanent residence into the US. I'm not for any refugees or immigration.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:00 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BiwFWD4yxs What more do you need to know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies