Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 10:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
I think a lot of Conservatives are completely fed up with Liberal PC crap and getting more vocal about it. It's a big reason why so many people support Trump. They're are sick and tired of the Liberals making them feel guilty about their success. Oh, and you can't say anything that might hurt a Liberal's feelings. You have to create a safe place for Liberals to be sheltered from the real world.
Fair points. No fan of Trump here, and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, but I definitely agree that conservative and libertarian types are sick of the guilt tripping by these radical progressives, seeking to restrict the speech of others accept what they approve...ect...ect.... Do me a favor though...please call them what they are....radical progressives! These people certainly are not liberals! Not in the sense of classical liberalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
There's wishful thinking and then there's wishful hating. The OP is doing the latter. The Christian Right will be the last ones trying to hold the country together after everybody else either falls or goes crazy.

I'm inclined to agree.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:38 AM

1,431 posts, read 913,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The Christian Right in this country is getting more and more radical. Now they openly and unashamedly call for gay people to be put to death, entire religions to be banned, and their rigid, pre-1960s social structure to be forced on everyone by rule of law. Ten years ago all of this was completely unthinkable. George Bush, from a social conservative and Christian Reconstructionist perspective, looked pretty tame compared to what you see coming out of the GOP today. You have them stocking up on guns and ammo and making claims like the country will not survive just one more year of the Obama administration. They view Putin as righteous and Obama as working for the devil. Their hatred towards this President is unfathomable. The only time in this country's history I can think of where the hate and anger was worse than today was in 1860.

One of the more alarming things is they view America in 2015 as pure evil and when you view something as evil, you don't have any remorse for doing what you have to do to stop it. I really believe the anger and hatred among the fundamentalist Christian Right is nearing a tipping point in this country and something ugly may be about to happen.

Thoughts?
Sounds more like Sharia Law to me.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
We are talking about America so I meant the radical Christian Right. The Christianity represented and practiced by the likes of Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Theodore Shoebat, Steven Anderson, Kevin Swanson, Rick Wiles, Scott Lively, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, John Hagee, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Franklin Graham.
well... Im a pretty far right Christian.

I don't know half these names.
Alex Jones certainly is no voice of the Christian right.

and putting Ted Cruz and Mike Hukabee on this list in association with the things in your OP means you have actually told a lie today.

I assume by your hatred of Christians, lying isn't exactly something that gives you pause.

but yea, you lied. These men don't believe any of the things you have posted. certainly they are not equal to the totality of your vitriol as posted in your OP.

you need to apologize

Old 12-08-2015, 10:51 AM

For the record, in the recently a married couple who both are both professors at Yale University.... and were and are LIBERALS resigned from their positions because of the hatred and vitriol spewed at them by HARD LEFT activists on campus.

A religious right couple in the state of Washington has latterly had their lives ruined by their state government, been forced out of business, fined hundreds of thousands of dollars and THEN TOLD THEY CANNOT TALK AT ALL ABOUT ANY OF THIS.

why? because they didn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding.

Just this week, the AG of the USA stated that she was going after people who said bad things about islam. REALLY SHE DID THAT AND SHE IS A LIBERAL.

Liberals are actively ruining peoples lives for not thinking as they have been told to think.
Conservatives aren't doing that.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:53 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
Leftists and muslims are the extremists.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:54 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
The smart aleck in me is dying to state: "Coming? Where have you been for the last forty years?"

Old 12-08-2015, 10:58 AM

Ted Kaczynski was a liberal

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Is this OP a fifth grade class project?

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
The smart aleck in me is dying to state: "Coming? Where have you been for the last forty years?"
your smart aleck doesn't seem too bright.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:03 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Thoughts?

That you likely are a troll, or at best sadly partisan to the point of being myopic.
I find it funny for example of how you make wild accusations about Christians "openly and unashamedly call for gay people to be put to death". Funny how I am politically savvy, yet have never heard of any such thing from anyone prominent. Maybe some kook is out there saying such things, but so to do the kooks claim aliens are controlling our minds.

I also find it funny how your sweeping generalizations are not only not backed up with any facts, but you make it sound like you are referring to some historical knowledge by saying 1860. If you were not so partisan, you'd need look back no further than the hatred being opening spoken toward Bush/Cheney. They too were called Hitler, war criminals, etc.

Maybe the rhetoric/vitriol is more blatant, or just that the internet/tech age allows anyone with a single brain cell to espouse whatever is on their mind at a moments notice. But rest assured the hatred of the so called tolerant left is every bit as despicable as anything from the right side of the aisle.

`
Here are the facts!

I also find it funny how your sweeping generalizations are not only not backed up with any facts

How US Evangelicals Inflame Hatred of Gays in Africa: Interview With ‘God Loves Uganda’ Director Roger Ross Williams - The Root

On his first research trip to Uganda, Williams met David Kato, the Ugandan LGBT activist who would be bludgeoned to death with a hammer months after he was outed by a Ugandan newspaper that ran photos of several other supposed gay people with a banner urging readers to “hang them.”

Mike Bickle, who once famously said that Oprah Winfrey was the “forerunner” to the anti-Christ.

How Uganda was seduced by anti-gay conservative evangelicals | Africa | News | The Independent

The anti-homosexuality bill would never have come about without the involvement of American fundamentalist evangelicals.”

Homosexuality was illegal in Uganda under existing colonial laws, he explained, “But nobody was ever arrested or prosecuted based on those old laws. People turned a blind eye to it. Homosexuality was not a political issue.”

That changed in 2009, Rev Kaoma said, when a group of American evangelicals led by Pastor Scott Lively, a self-proclaimed expert on the “gay movement”, held a series of talks in Uganda. Mr Lively warned audiences that the “evil institution” of homosexuality sought to “prey upon” and recruit Ugandan children in a bid to “defeat the marriage-based society”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies