Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 02:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What do you mean by "supporting Islam"? Allowing them the freedom to practice their faith?
The problem is, "practicing their faith" is the killing of "infidels," which includes Jews, Christians, atheists and anyone not Muslim. Do you think they should be allowed to practice that? Oh, and they also believe in "honor killings" of their family members who "bring shame" to the family.

Quote:
I don't know why conservatives can't understand that freedom to practice your religion is completely different from a religious organization wanting to impose its beliefs into law.
Do you understand that Americas founders, and the Framers of the Constitution were Christian men and that our laws and traditions were at least partly based on biblical precepts, and that the phrase "all men are created equal" was understood by John Calvin and others to be one of those precepts? That "natures God" was understood to be "Almighty God," the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Did you know that the Founders and Framers were quite familiar with John Calvin's writing, as well as the writings of John Locke (who also was a Calvinist Christian).

So, whether you like it or not, Christianity is incorporated into our Constitution and much of U.S. Law.

Quote:
I can't think of ANY liberals who would advocate Islamic law be implemented in America.
Ever heard the name, "Hillary Clinton?" She is one.

Quote:
And believe me, the government imposed by the radical Christian Right if they ever got complete power would be a lot more similar to ISIS than most are currently willing to admit.
How strange that you would say that, considering that our government was dominated by Christians in it's early history, and it has only been since the twentieth century that there has been so much fuss raised about Christians and Christianity influencing our government.

What other governments before the American government gave people so much freedom and Liberty? Somehow I think Christianity had a pretty positive influence on our lawmakers, and our government in general.

Quote:
Don't believe me? Just listen to some of the things said by Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Theodore Shoebat, Steven Anderson, Kevin Swanson, Rick Wiles, Scott Lively, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, John Hagee, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Franklin Graham.
Ever listen to Barack Obama? Now there is someone who is dangerous to Liberty!

Quote:
Conservative logic says that liberals oppose and want to destroy Christianity because they oppose a theocratic state. Meanwhile, liberals love and support Islam because they believe that Muslims should have the right to practice their own faith. Can you not see these are two completely different things?
Well, Muslims want a theocratic State (called a Caliphate). Christians just want Freedom, Liberty, and the Constitution restored. No Christians I know of are advocating for a theocracy. That only exists in the wild imagination of liberals.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:40 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see, so some article is written about Christians in other countries, and it proves the OP's absurd assertion here in America?

New Flash - The OP is based on America and American politics, implying the Christian Right (term used to describe an American political movement)is somehow calling for homos to be put to death. I see no "facts" in your post to back that up.

`
Trying to deflect are you? Won't work here. Christians are Christians no matter what country. Pumping up people to violence is wrong.

The IHOP Church is located just about in THE CENTERof the USA!

You just refused to read the links.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:44 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
But the sympathizers are already here. You ever heard of this place called San Bernardino?
Like I said, they have little capability to actually kill me. Little != zero.

Freedom-hating Christian extremists, on the other hand, managed to pass anti-gay amendments in 20+ states and to this day around 300,000 people live in counties run by freedom-hating extremists who refuse to abide by the Supreme Court's ruling.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:46 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Shameful all of the people calling the OP a liar when a simple Google search would inform many of the truth of the matter.

Could it be that ignorance is preferred in this case?
I'm thinking it's a pretty likely explanation.

"The conference was organized by Kevin P. Swanson, a minister in Colorado and host of the Generations Radio Show.
Swanson has also said that the government should put gay people to death, warned that the Girl Scouts and the movie “Frozen” turn girls into lesbians and blamed natural disasters on gay people and women who wear pants. Swanson has also said that churches accepting gay couples will lead to the persecution, imprisonment and murder of Christians, and wished for the good ole days when country singer Kacey Musgraves would have been hanged for her pro-gay lyrics."

GOP Candidates Suck Up to Hatemongers - The Daily Beast
I will tell you whats shameful that conflating some dude saying some stuff and the asinine lie that the Christian Right is on the verge of a violent uprising.

That's just sick. sick and stupid. Sick, stupid and devoid of any attempt at reason. NO serious review of the "Christian Right" would EVER come to the conclusion that we want some kind of armed uprising.

I have no idea who kevin swanson is. some liberal had to tell me he was "one of mine' and tell me he said some stupid stuff.

do you think the Mexican-Americans are about to uprise because there are some voices calling for a revial of the "mestizo nation"?

That's real. liberal left wing hatemonger college professors are involved in that. does it mean anything?

Good gravy girl. that's crazy talk.

you people are always trying to freak people out with your utter nonsense. trying to scare people "oh those wacky Christians want to KILL YOU"

its a crock.

Here is a little thought experiment to prove the point.

Which would be more dangerous.

Walking up to a conservative and saying screaming at them "you are a hate filled bigot and you want to kill black people you dirty conservative!!!!"

or wearing a T-shirt on a college campus that says "Police Lives Matter".

which would be more dangerous?

I for one wouldn't be caught dead in that kind of Tshirt on a college campus for fear of getting killed.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:01 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Preaching from the bible does not equate to demonization or terrorism. Getting your feeling hurt because your sexual interactions have been called out as an abomination does not make a church or its pastor or its members homophobic haters. Just like preaching about the sins of adultery doesn't make them haters and sexaphobes.
If fundamentalists want to preach and believe that homosexuals are abominations, they have the right to preach that from their pulpits and teach it in their homes. What they don't have the right to do is enact that belief into law.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:18 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
If fundamentalists want to preach and believe that homosexuals are abominations, they have the right to preach that from their pulpits and teach it in their homes. What they don't have the right to do is enact that belief into law.
You are correct, which is why there are THREE branches of RESPRENTATIVE government and a CONSTITUTION to prevent religious doctrine from becoming LAW.

Unfortunately, the belief of people today is that history never existed before the "We're Here We're *****" movement started and that CULTURALLY, homosexuality was seen as deviant behavior and was a societal taboo right up there with incest and adultery. BOTH of which were punishable by the same laws that punished sodomy.

The fact that the laws may have changed does not mean that the principles behind those laws have, nor the cultural foundation for those laws.

The only thing that has changed is that the historical principles of this nation have been twisted and reinterpreted by the secular left into something meant to turn the country into a theocracy. Ironically, the ability to do so was thwarted by our very founding documents.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:20 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The problem is, "practicing their faith" is the killing of "infidels," which includes Jews, Christians, atheists and anyone not Muslim. Do you think they should be allowed to practice that? Oh, and they also believe in "honor killings" of their family members who "bring shame" to the family.

Do you understand that Americas founders, and the Framers of the Constitution were Christian men and that our laws and traditions were at least partly based on biblical precepts, and that the phrase "all men are created equal" was understood by John Calvin and others to be one of those precepts? That "natures God" was understood to be "Almighty God," the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Did you know that the Founders and Framers were quite familiar with John Calvin's writing, as well as the writings of John Locke (who also was a Calvinist Christian).

So, whether you like it or not, Christianity is incorporated into our Constitution and much of U.S. Law.

Ever heard the name, "Hillary Clinton?" She is one.

How strange that you would say that, considering that our government was dominated by Christians in it's early history, and it has only been since the twentieth century that there has been so much fuss raised about Christians and Christianity influencing our government.

What other governments before the American government gave people so much freedom and Liberty? Somehow I think Christianity had a pretty positive influence on our lawmakers, and our government in general.

Ever listen to Barack Obama? Now there is someone who is dangerous to Liberty!

Well, Muslims want a theocratic State (called a Caliphate). Christians just want Freedom, Liberty, and the Constitution restored. No Christians I know of are advocating for a theocracy. That only exists in the wild imagination of liberals.

Killing is not is not part of Muslims "practicing their faith".

Killing is part of the plan of White Radical Supremacist when they get their courage up.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:47 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Secular - often atheistic - progressives rely on the constant agitation of the followers who do not get beyond the tweet, the headline, or lead in of a broadcast, in order to create anxiety. A way of keeping the 'faithful' on the 'correct' path to the voting booth.

Never mind that the propaganda has only the thinnest of connection to actual real world reality.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:53 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Lol. Did you even listen to or watch the videos you linked? Pull out a notepad and a pencil.

1. The first video is speaking about a "Christian leader" that believes Christ is a burnt sacrifice from Hell. That alone doesn't make any sense. You can't be a Christian if you only follow the Old Testament (as this guy does), and you don't believe Christ is the Son of God, hence the term "Christian".

2. This guy is misquoting things from the Old Testament and attributing it to Christ, but Christ never said anything about stoning gays to death. He then later goes on to say that there is barely any difference between homosexuality and adultery.

I mean...should I even continue at this point?
Yeah he is a Christian like these guys are Jews;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLb3o65q0vk

`

Old 12-08-2015, 04:01 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Trying to deflect are you? Won't work here. Christians are Christians no matter what country. Pumping up people to violence is wrong.

No deflection whatsoever.

Your assertion is absurd as well, because different people interpret the bible differently. So if their cultural values are different to begin with, rest assured there will be variations in any religion.

Your blanket statement is a feeble attempt to try and salvage a lost defense of the OP's attempt to impugn all or most Christians based on some myopic belief that no factual evidence was provided.
Actually they didn't even try your nonsense of bringing up Christians in other countries, they are talking about the Christian Right, which is certainly American.

Frankly you probably just have an agenda in trying to demonize Christians in general, and this thread provides a platform for it despite not being based on any sound foundation.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies