Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 01:52 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wow, such propaganda! Where in the world are you getting this from? The Left must really be desperate. Is this another effort sponsored by Southern Poverty Law Center?
And they say us on the right are the fearful ones. At least we are trying to identify a REAL enemy and danger while they construct strawmen to be scared of.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:56 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
People who for one reason or another don't fall in line with the "Moral Majority" in this country are justified to fear what might happen to them if these people seized power, especially if they came to power by coup or revolution and therefore wouldn't be subject to the Bill of Rights.

Some of the most extreme, like Theodore Shoebat, would be to America and Christianity what ISIS is to Syria and Islam. Don't believe me? Just do a quick Google search for some of the things he's said.
If I were you, I'd be more worried about ISIS and Obama's lack of response to the Muslim threat here in this country. Last time I checked, Christians were not committing mass murders, making bombs in their garages, or even killing anybody, nor even threatening to. Huckabee? Please. FRC? No way. You'd better go see a shrink. You might be dangerous.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I consider them a much bigger threat to my way of life than ISIS.
Really? Do you know anything at all about Islam? They aren't exactly in love with freedom, Or "INFIDELS" like you.

Quote:
ISIS might want to chop off my head or toss me off a building, but they have no capability to actually do so.
They don't? Think again.
Quote:
They might want to blow me up or gun me down but as long as I'm in the US, they have little capability to do that either.

Extremist right wing Christians have the numbers and the motivation in this country to enact horrible laws and deny rights to people, though. Our best defense against them is a Supreme Court that hasn't been completely radicalized, but it only takes one or two vacancies and the wrong person in the Oval Office to change that.
Wow, are you ever off-the-wall! You too need to see a shrink. Is this "Christianphobia?" Are you a "Christianphobe?"

Old 12-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This, exactly.
Wow, you people are really wacko!

Old 12-08-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Rev. Wright 'God damn America' didn't make the list!
Well, he's not a Christian (even though he might think he is). I don't know what he is, but he isn't a Christian.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Lets see? Over 3000 people killed in 9/11 and the attacks on us continue and 75% of the population that are Christians are a threat to me I'm an Atheist and Most all my friends are Christians, even the women I date. Guess they want to kill me
LOL So true.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:11 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? Do you know anything at all about Islam? They aren't exactly in love with freedom, Or "INFIDELS" like you.

They don't? Think again.

Wow, are you ever off-the-wall! You too need to see a shrink. Is this "Christianphobia?" Are you a "Christianphobe?"
It's hilarious isn't it? That poster is a homosexual and they support Islam. Don't listen to these people, they are just partisan wackos where everything is a political game to them, even you and your family's safety. If Obama and the Left were talking smack about Muslims they'd be right there firing hurtful words out of their mouths about them. They are sheep, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Lightbulb Does anybody think a Christian Right uprising is coming?

What's happening is that the so-called "religious right" can see the end of their road not far in the future. And they're sorta unhappy about it.

They're not gonna go out peaceably.

And they're taking the GOP with them.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:14 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The Christian Right in this country is getting more and more radical. Now they openly and unashamedly call for gay people to be put to death, entire religions to be banned, and their rigid, pre-1960s social structure to be forced on everyone by rule of law. Ten years ago all of this was completely unthinkable. George Bush, from a social conservative and Christian Reconstructionist perspective, looked pretty tame compared to what you see coming out of the GOP today. You have them stocking up on guns and ammo and making claims like the country will not survive just one more year of the Obama administration. They view Putin as righteous and Obama as working for the devil. Their hatred towards this President is unfathomable. The only time in this country's history I can think of where the hate and anger was worse than today was in 1860.

One of the more alarming things is they view America in 2015 as pure evil and when you view something as evil, you don't have any remorse for doing what you have to do to stop it. I really believe the anger and hatred among the fundamentalist Christian Right is nearing a tipping point in this country and something ugly may be about to happen.

Thoughts?
Link?

Old 12-08-2015, 02:25 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"This is nothing more than another attempt to demonize Christians by leftists liberals. I just don't understand how they are willing to give a pass to Islamics who actually perpetrate murder against homos, hetero adulteress, stone women, and other violent acts :confused"

Guess all those 1000s of Gay friendly churches with Gay pastors don't count, they're really just out to sneak in and kill Gays

List Churches by U.S. State / Canadian Province - GayChurch.org

As for equivalency, look there's "a" Gay Iman!
Meet America
Preaching from the bible does not equate to demonization or terrorism. Getting your feeling hurt because your sexual interactions have been called out as an abomination does not make a church or its pastor or its members homophobic haters. Just like preaching about the sins of adultery doesn't make them haters and sexaphobes.

Get over yourself gays. There are people in this world that view your sexual activity to deviate from the historic and cultural norm. If you don't have a problem then ignore those who do and go live your life, like you say you want to. There are plenty of churches who are willing to forgo scripture in order to draw you in to their church and keep you secure in your sexual preference, so focus on that and get a life.

Geez, I am so freakin' sick of hearing about gay victimhood and equating ISIS to Christians who believe in the teachings of God.

*rant over*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies