Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 05:24 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Of course, it never occurs to the left that someone might consider the forcefull dismembering of an unborn baby deliberate murder, because no one saw the baby before he was ripped apart. Those same people will cry and fight to spare the lives of convicted killers and terrorists, though. Priorities, my friends, priorities.

Quote:
Fake videos? How is an abortion performed? A baby is ripped from the womb and discarded, or organs sold and the rest discarded. Trying to soften it by regarding it as a routine medical procedure, like shaving calluses, doesn't change the brutality of it. Brutality of ending the most innocent and precious of human life.
Oh good grief. Learn something about fetal development and when most abortions are done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 09:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
To choose what many see as MURDER. Pay for it yourself if you want it that badly, don't expect me to pay for it.
I did pay for my own abortion.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I don't care if you want or get an abortion.... but do the CORRECT thing...pay for it yourself....have some pride...don't EXPECT someone else to pay your bill, for a poor choice or poor performing bc
I did pay for my own abortion. Suggesting that you are paying for someone else's abortion is totally dishonest.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:54 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I did pay for my own abortion. Suggesting that you are paying for someone else's abortion is totally dishonest.

When tax payer dollars are used to fund PP, everyone who pays taxes is funding abortion. Get federal funding out of PP, and this, as a political issue, goes away.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
When tax payer dollars are used to fund PP, everyone who pays taxes is funding abortion. Get federal funding out of PP, and this, as a political issue, goes away.
No, they don't.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:10 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Why do you say this? PP gets federal funding on the same basis as all other medical facilities - quite a few of which also perform abortions.

If the move to defund PP is successful, the same folks will have set a precedent and will shift their attention to other medical facilities. It's a backdoor way to ban abortion without getting SCOTUS involved.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:23 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
ok so YOU did pay for yours...but if MY tax dollars are funding others...then it is wrong

you get all the choices... why should MY MONEY pay for your choices ("you" is not pointed at you specificly, but any citizen)

Old 01-20-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
No, they don't.
yes they do

when my girlfield (prior to being my wife and covered under my insurance) and I got pregnant with our first child, my insurance would not cover her, because we were not married..we attempted to go to PP for PRE NATAL CARE...know what their answer was...when do you want to schedule the abortion

sorry I aint buying your blind support for PP

Old 01-20-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Why do you say this? PP gets federal funding on the same basis as all other medical facilities - quite a few of which also perform abortions.

If the move to defund PP is successful, the same folks will have set a precedent and will shift their attention to other medical facilities. It's a backdoor way to ban abortion without getting SCOTUS involved.
no its not, I dont care if someone gets an abortion...I even support abortion (expect for the ones that CHOOSE to use it as contraseption)......but if you want it...pay for the service that was rendered to you...dont EXPECT some one else to pay for YOUR SERVICE

Old 01-20-2016, 10:35 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,123 times
Here is my thoughts, from a conservative independent, Ron Paul supporting, kind of person. This is what I think would happen even if a Republican was named President and the Republicans run Senate.

Abortion is here to stay, Planned Parenthood funding is here to say. If it were to have change, it should have a few months ago. The fact that it into after the videos released, shows nothing is going to happen there.

Same Sex marriage. I see same sex marriage as something that is a done deal as well. I know there are some pockets of resistance, but even those are starting to be dealt with.

Same sex marriage & abortion, I would say these are issues that the Democrats have won and there is not enough fight from the other side to challenge it. After a few more years, the resistance to both will be a thing of the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies