Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 08:15 AM

497 posts, read 428,440 times

Advertisements

Is it time to start a new thread to discuss the legal battles of the Bundy clan? I am pretty interested to see how this all goes down.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:23 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Federal Grand Jury In Nevada Indicts Cliven Bundy And Four Others For Felony Crimes Related To 2014 Standoff

The maximum penalties for the charges are stated below.

Conspiracy to Commit an Offense Against the U.S. – 5 years, $250,000 fine

Conspiracy to Impede and Injure a Federal Law Enforcement Officer – 6 years, $250,000 fine

Assault on a Federal Law Enforcement Officer – 20 years, $250,000 fine

Threatening a Federal Law Enforcement Officer – 10 years, $250,000 fine

Use and Carry of a Firearm in Relation to a Crime of Violence – 5 years minimum and consecutive

Obstruction of the Due Administration of Justice - 10 years, $250,000 fine

Interference with Interstate Commerce by Extortion - 20 years, $250,000 fine

Interstate Travel in Aid of Extortion – 20 years, $250,000 fine

Federal Grand Jury In Nevada Indicts Cliven Bundy And Four Others For Felony Crimes Related To 2014 Standoff | USAO-NV | Department of Justice

Add them all together and none of the Bundys are ever going to see the light of day again.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:08 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
Is it time to start a new thread to discuss the legal battles of the Bundy clan? I am pretty interested to see how this all goes down.
You'll be waiting a year at the least for anything of substance to talk about.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:29 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,164 times
Shawna Cox doubles down on the craycray:

Refuge occupier files for 'damages from works of devil' in excess of $666,666,666,666.66 | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KATU

Old 02-18-2016, 04:19 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Letter to the editor:

"Michele Fiore and Malheur: If a bunch of armed yahoos broke into Michele Fiore's house, slept in her bed, ate her groceries, rifled through personal papers in her desk, rummaged through her family heirlooms, accessed her computers, drove her cars around, tore down her fence and dug up her yard with a backhoe, would she say they were exercising "their right to political free speech" when she called the police on them?"

Malheur occupation, Michele Fiore and the 'right to political free speech': Letters to the Editor | OregonLive.com

Old 02-18-2016, 04:24 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Letter to the editor:

"Michele Fiore and Malheur: If a bunch of armed yahoos broke into Michele Fiore's house, slept in her bed, ate her groceries, rifled through personal papers in her desk, rummaged through her family heirlooms, accessed her computers, drove her cars around, tore down her fence and dug up her yard with a backhoe, would she say they were exercising "their right to political free speech" when she called the police on them?"

Malheur occupation, Michele Fiore and the 'right to political free speech': Letters to the Editor | OregonLive.com
Not to mention pooping on her family heirlooms.

Nice letter, BTW.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:43 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Letter to the editor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Not to mention pooping on her family heirlooms.

Nice letter, BTW.
See, I will - grudgingly - give this otherwise unlikable woman a modicum of credit for talking some calm into the heads of the Final Four. I may go so far as to believe that she figured out that her sort of rhetoric is considered actually believable by those of - ehm - lesser intellect, and that her actions were a bona fide attempt at undoing some of that. There's not a lot of responsibility being shouldered these days, and if she follows this up by dialing back the rhetoric, I may have to start having some respect for her.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Here is the Federal indictment, it lays out the entire chain of events and how the Bundy whack jobs and their whack-a-doodle supporters planned the showdown and the 2014 standoff with BLM.

They are facing some serious jail time.

http://res.cloudinary.com/bdy4ger4/i...ent_ooenru.pdf

Old 02-18-2016, 07:02 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
See, I will - grudgingly - give this otherwise unlikable woman a modicum of credit for talking some calm into the heads of the Final Four. I may go so far as to believe that she figured out that her sort of rhetoric is considered actually believable by those of - ehm - lesser intellect, and that her actions were a bona fide attempt at undoing some of that. There's not a lot of responsibility being shouldered these days, and if she follows this up by dialing back the rhetoric, I may have to start having some respect for her.
I do give her credit in the end but early on she had repeated second hand information that Finicum was shot while surrendering. Like you indicated she started to see that her statements were being taken seriously by these people and if this progressed further her incendiary statements would certainly be in the spotlight and she would be partially responsible.

It appears her website is completely scrubbed from all her earlier messages reqarding the takeover, I think she understands the danger of the situation although she is late in that regard. She treated this like it was a game, it was not.

Issues - Assemblywoman Michele FioreAssemblywoman Michele Fiore

Old 02-18-2016, 07:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
I do give her credit in the end but early on she had repeated second hand information that Finicum was shot while surrendering. Like you indicated she started to see that her statements were being taken seriously by these people and if this progressed further her incendiary statements would certainly be in the spotlight and she would be partially responsible.

It appears her website is completely scrubbed from all her earlier messages reqarding the takeover, I think she understands the danger of the situation although she is late in that regard. She treated this like it was a game, it was not.

Issues - Assemblywoman Michele FioreAssemblywoman Michele Fiore
Better late than never. The potential for a lot more bloodshed was definitely there, and it is quite likely that she had a hand in preventing it.

Reminds me of Bo Gritz's role in defusing the 1996 Freemen standoff.
The Freeman Standoff | PBS NewsHour
"Patriot" Profile #3: Every Man a King: The Rise and Fall of the Montana Freemen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies