Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 10:41 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

A number of refuge occupiers who thought they escaped when Ammond & company were arrested are probably hyperventilating now as prosecutors said they will most likely be filing more indictments that will add new charges and include additional new defendants.

Meanwhile, the current defendants want the FBI to inform them who among them has been captured by electronic surveillance equipment. Like that makes much difference, since they live streamed continuously throughout the occupation. Those who fled and thought they escaped prosecution were most likely filmed at some point. I hope the feds hunt down every one of them.

Federal prosecutors signal potential for new indictment, more defendants in refuge takeover case | OregonLive.com

Old 02-21-2016, 10:45 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
The Feds have been playing the long game since this fiasco began. They have all the time in the world. Slowly and methodically they will sequester each and every one of these nuts and serve them with a warrant and a drive to their local jail to await arraignment and a day in Federal court. They are probably letting some of them dangle in order to make them sweat a little extra.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Feds have been playing the long game since this fiasco began. They have all the time in the world. Slowly and methodically they will sequester each and every one of these nuts and serve them with a warrant and a drive to their local jail to await arraignment and a day in Federal court. They are probably letting some of them dangle in order to make them sweat a little extra.
It's great when the suspects do the prosecutor's job, isn't it?

I wish your average criminal was as dumb as these guys were.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:38 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Looks like Sheriff Palmer from Grant County may be in trouble for feeding the patriots information, he assisted in setting up the meeting at the John Day Center when Finicum was killed. He also stated that the Hammonds should be released back in January.

"John Day’s police chief and dispatch manager’s complaints that the Grant County sheriff’s support for the militia occupying the Malheur refuge endangered the public have been sent to the justice department for further investigation.

Chief Richard Gray and Dispatch Manager Valerie Luttrell were among at least eight who filed formal complaints against Sheriff Glenn Palmer with the state Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, which licenses Oregon police officers. The department sent the complaints to the Oregon Department of Justice recommending an investigation.:

Palmer is outspoken about gun rights and is sympathetic to anti-government protesters. The sheriff’s office even posted a video clip featuring Palmer on its website.
People are tired of the oppression from their government,” he says in the video. “And at some point it’s got to stop or we’re gonna have problems.”

John Day Officials Say Grant County Sheriff's Support Of Militants Endangered Public . News | OPB

Oregon standoff: Grant County sheriff urges release of Hammonds | OregonLive.com

Old 02-21-2016, 02:46 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Looks like Sheriff Palmer from Grant County may be in trouble for feeding the patriots information, he assisted in setting up the meeting at the John Day Center when Finicum was killed. He also stated that the Hammonds should be released back in January.

"John Day’s police chief and dispatch manager’s complaints that the Grant County sheriff’s support for the militia occupying the Malheur refuge endangered the public have been sent to the justice department for further investigation.

Chief Richard Gray and Dispatch Manager Valerie Luttrell were among at least eight who filed formal complaints against Sheriff Glenn Palmer with the state Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, which licenses Oregon police officers. The department sent the complaints to the Oregon Department of Justice recommending an investigation.:

Palmer is outspoken about gun rights and is sympathetic to anti-government protesters. The sheriff’s office even posted a video clip featuring Palmer on its website.
People are tired of the oppression from their government,” he says in the video. “And at some point it’s got to stop or we’re gonna have problems.”

John Day Officials Say Grant County Sheriff's Support Of Militants Endangered Public . News | OPB

Oregon standoff: Grant County sheriff urges release of Hammonds | OregonLive.com
More on Palmer:

"The veteran sheriff had been left out of the planning for the stop on U.S. 395 about 20 miles north of Burns in Harney County and now he wanted his dispatchers to fill him in.

"I felt uncomfortable knowing that I had to relay vital and confidential information to someone who may not be trustworthy," the dispatcher later told her supervisor.

The extraordinary scene of a police dispatcher distrusting the top law enforcement officer in the jurisdiction is part of a litany of allegations against Palmer that may now subject him to a state investigation."

Grant County sheriff viewed as 'security leak' as state seeks investigation | OregonLive.com

Ouch, that had to sting. Dispatchers felt like the Sheriff wasn't trustworthy enough to let him in on their planned sting operation. I don't see how he continues in this role given the fact that none of his colleagues trust him with vital law enforcement information any longer.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:47 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Looks like Sheriff Palmer from Grant County may be in trouble for feeding the patriots information.....
As he should.

The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs

Quote:
“When law enforcement refuses to enforce the laws, it sends a dangerous signal to extremists,” says Jessica Goad of the Center for Western Priorities. “It serves to embolden those who tend towards violence. This rhetoric and stance has an extremely chilling effect on the people who are doing their jobs — from park rangers to environmental activists. The thought that the sheriff doesn’t enforce the law is scary.”

Old 02-21-2016, 03:06 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
This was also the case in the Nevada standoff, the support of the Sheriff was lacking although not criminal.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:14 PM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Default And here I thought it was tapering off...

Looks like Ammon Bundy's lawyer is good for some authentic frontier gibberish, still.

This otherwise pretty useless blog has a link to a Newsmax interview: Cliven Bundy, Ammon Bundy, Prison Update: 'Jailed For Unpopular Speech'

She is actually making the case that Ammon isn't a flight risk - because he so very much wants to fight his case in court. Just like Daddy, who's totes not a flight risk, either. Just because they like to surround themselves with armed idiots who will declare themselves above the law, and now they're considered flight risks? So unfair!

In the meantime, the Bundy Ranch has decided that this is a free speech case and the Bundys are jailed for "unpopular speech". Because - no, I have no idea, either. (OK - I guess threats of armed force is, technically, speech - and probably pretty unpopular, as well.)

I have no idea why I find this so entertaining, but there we have it.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:44 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Looks like Ammon Bundy's lawyer is good for some authentic frontier gibberish, still.

This otherwise pretty useless blog has a link to a Newsmax interview: Cliven Bundy, Ammon Bundy, Prison Update: 'Jailed For Unpopular Speech'

She is actually making the case that Ammon isn't a flight risk - because he so very much wants to fight his case in court. Just like Daddy, who's totes not a flight risk, either. Just because they like to surround themselves with armed idiots who will declare themselves above the law, and now they're considered flight risks? So unfair!

In the meantime, the Bundy Ranch has decided that this is a free speech case and the Bundys are jailed for "unpopular speech". Because - no, I have no idea, either. (OK - I guess threats of armed force is, technically, speech - and probably pretty unpopular, as well.)

I have no idea why I find this so entertaining, but there we have it.
Are they auditioning for comedy central or maybe SNL?

Old 02-23-2016, 10:12 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,658 times
And now the self-proclaimed militia group Idaho III%'ers, who unsuccessfully attempted to involve themselves in the Mahleur standoff, make the news after a 12-year old girl was accidentally shot by one of them at a gun range.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/12-...mments/#disqus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies