Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 08:55 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
T
In fact, in an interview obama's medical ethicist zeke emanuel explained what obama meant, zeke said obama meant you can keep keep your doctor/insurance if you can afford it..
Actually, Zeke's words are also be a lie. You CANNOT keep your plan if you can afford it. Obama outlawed many plans that millions of people could afford and were quite happy with.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:56 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
. And if your plan sucks, change it instead of complaining incessantly.
I wish I could, but your idiot outlawed the plan I would like to have.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:00 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Um....which is exactly why costs went up for so many.

And why Obama's those who already have insurance will see their annual premiums decrease by $2500 was another one of his fables.
Do you want insurance that doesn't cover you pre-existing conditions? As for my sons, they are young and healthy. They do not increase the cost of your insurance, they lower it.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, Zeke's words are also be a lie. You CANNOT keep your plan if you can afford it. Obama outlawed many plans that millions of people could afford and were quite happy with.
They could afford the premiums but they could not afford to get sick!

Quote:
“I was aware that it wasn’t a great plan, but I wasn’t concerned because I wasn’t sick,” she says. But in July 2011 she was diagnosed with breast cancer, at which point the policy’s annual limits of $1,000 a year for outpatient treatment and $2,000 for hospitalization became a huge problem. Facing a $30,000 hospital bill, she delayed treatment. “Finally my surgeon said, ‘Judy, you can’t wait anymore.’ While I was waiting my tumor became larger. It was 3 centimeters when they found it and 9 centimeters when they took it out.” After a double mastectomy, radiation treatments, and reconstructive surgery, Goss is taking the drug tamoxifen to prevent recurrence
Quote:
They may think they’re insured—until they have a medical problem and find out that their coverage is as skimpy as a hospital gown.
Cheap Health Insurance Still Inadequate - Consumer Reports

Old 02-08-2016, 09:12 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,451,565 times
Thanks to Obama care if my wife gives birth to our third child it is covered! Oh hey my wife had a hysterectomy with our second child so I guess it would be a miracle. But we would be covered.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I wish I could, but your idiot outlawed the plan I would like to have.
He did you a favor. Your outlawed plan was a plan only to take your monthly payments. If you had needed medical care, you would have been SOL!

Quote:
“limited benefit plan,” which is “commonly seen as inadequate because it tends to pay for routine care and leave you without coverage fairly soon if something major costing tens of thousands of dollars kicks in,”
‘Junk insurance’ comes back to haunt its policyholders | McClatchy DC

Old 02-08-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Thanks to Obama care if my wife gives birth to our third child it is covered! Oh hey my wife had a hysterectomy with our second child so I guess it would be a miracle. But we would be covered.
Did you last health insurance give you a discount for not needing childbirth coverage? If so, exactly how much?

BTW, you wife is now covered for many other health issues: https://www.healthcare.gov/preventive-care-women/

I am sure you love your wife and you are happy she will be taken care of now.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:38 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
My Insurance plan stayed as it was, and I kept it. Nothing changed. Same Doctors, same care, same everything.

The difference between mine and some of the ones you complaining folks had, is my insurance was adequate, and covered problems. My premiums may have been more, but I had "real good" insurance, and not "feel good" insurance. Anyone that thinks an Insurance policy would be outlawed because it was a good one, has to be smoking dope. Just because you paid little or nothing does not mean it was great. It means you never had to use it yet, in a serious way, and had not got the "shaft" yet.

So "Nothing" happened to the "You can Keep Your Plan" thingy. I did. If your "Plan" got canned by the Insurance Company, it was because it did not meet standards for care, and what it needed to cover for your benefit. In plain English, your plan was CRAP."

People that had good insurance got really tired of paying for "Freeloaders" who had none at all, or for those who did not have enough coverage to pay their Hospital bills, and the cost was passed on to the rest of us who had good coverage.

Its called "Pay your own Way."

Old 02-08-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
My Insurance plan stayed as it was, and I kept it. Nothing changed. Same Doctors, same care, same everything.

The difference between mine and some of the ones you complaining folks had, is my insurance was adequate, and covered problems. My premiums may have been more, but I had real insurance, and not "feel good" insurance. Anyone that thinks an Insurance policy would be outlawed because it was a good one, has to be smoking dope. Just because you paid little or nothing does not mean it was great. It means you never had to use it yet, in a serious way, and had not got the "shaft" yet.

So "Nothing" happened to the "You can Keep Your Plan" thingy. I did. If your "Plan" got canned by the Insurance Company, it was because it did not meet standards for care, and what it needed to cover for your benefit. In plain English, your plan was CRAP."

People that had good insurance got really tired of paying for "Freeloaders" who had none at all, or for those who did not have enough coverage to pay their Hospital bills, and the cost was passed on to the rest of us who had good coverage.

Its called "Pay your own Way."
Exactly. Those who are complaining that their cheap junk insurance plan went south, were previously depending on someone else to pay for their uncovered medical services.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:51 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
That is a lie.

Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies