Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 11:22 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh well, we all pay into things which we don't agree with or which we don't use. Too bad. Everyone benefits by the way, you simply choose to overlook that very simple fact..
That is a total lie and maybe a bigger lie than Obama's.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:04 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you may need Obama to tell you what insurance to buy but I don't. It's not that hard.
No one is telling you what to buy, you have choices. Go choose one.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:11 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
In other words, you had a crap plan previously. Pick a different one, it's not that hard.
Piling on with more lies.

My previous plan had everything I needed and wanted. It covered everything my current plan does, but cost far less. What it did not have was neonatal care, pediatric care, or mental health care. And as a 50-year-old post-menopausal woman with zero mental health issues, those are completely unnecessary.

Just because King Obama and his Gang of Criminals decided that "they" know best what is a crap plan or a great plan, doesn't mean they were right.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:12 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
It wasn't his fault; at the time, he really thought it might be true. The insurance companies who wrote the legislation for him hadn't finished writing it yet.
I actually think this is true.

However, even as an Obama supporter, I think it is fair to criticize him for this. But of course, it's also true that those who use are mostly just looking for another thing to criticize him for.

My mother had one of those pre-ACA cheap policies that weren't worth the paper they were written on. Despite ongoing hospitalizations over several years, as well as everyday health concerns, never once did she get back the amount of money she had paid into those policies. So for most of you who are ditching about losing your cheap policies, in reality you lost virtually nothing.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Oh really? Pre existing conditions are now covered. Scores of people benefit from that. And if your plan sucks, change it instead of complaining incessantly.
Can't. Sadly, that FREEDOM has been taken away from us.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Shrug, whatever makes you sleep at night. By the way, you never know when you'll need that mental health care. No one knows, it can creep up on you. And then you'll be mighty grateful for it. Do you have cable? Do you have hundreds of channels that you don't use but you pay for? Exactly. Like I said, we all pay into things that we may not agree with or need but it benefits all.
Hahahahahaha. Funny you should mention cable. Because NO, I DON'T have cable. Why? Because I refuse to pay for something I don't use. Which is what I tell the cable providers that keep trying to get me back. I refuse to subsidize those folks that want 500 sport channels, when I only watch 3.

I really couldn't have asked for a better example than you've given me here. We "all" don't wish to pay for things we don't want except for liberals who a) think they know better how others should live their lives, and b) can't think for themselves and have to be handheld through life.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:45 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's like my current "Obama blessed" plan. $10,000 deductible. Hope I never get sick.

The deductibles are insane. How are people paying these?!! Who has 10 or 12K laying around, while the premium is subsidized somewhat, the patient is expected to pay 12K beyond that right out of pocket. That is dreaming, that would bankrupt many people.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The deductibles are insane. How are people paying these?!! Who has 10 or 12K laying around, while the premium is subsidized somewhat, the patient is expected to pay 12K beyond that right out of pocket. That is dreaming, that would bankrupt many people.
Well, you know, we needed it this way. Because the old way was bankrupting many people. Wait a minute.....

Old 02-08-2016, 12:51 PM

20,051 posts, read 20,867,177 times
I lost my job and coverage.
I looked into getting new coverage.
Can't afford it. I'm fukt.
My wife has a few non life threatening health issues that more than likely are going to bankrupt us and we are going to lose everything.
I guess once we are homeless we can maybe get Medicare?

Old 02-08-2016, 12:52 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I had a great plan.

My company was going to get hit with a big penalty or "tax" because ou=r insurance covered over and above the "Platinum" BS, so rather than pay another 40% on top of cost of what they were already paying, they were basically forced into reducing the plan to one of the best "Platinum" plans.

You can lie if you want, and I'm sure Obama will be proud of you for doing so, but don't expect ME to believe you or him.
If you can provide evidence of your post, I'll be happy to believe you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies