Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 09:26 AM

900 posts, read 375,821 times

Advertisements

No...

Old 02-19-2016, 09:36 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,708,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
1. You can believe in an inerrant Bible and still have a different understanding of homosexuality than the crazy fundies like you.
2. You can be a Christ-loving, God-fearing Christian and not believe in an inerrant Bible.

You are completely scientifically ignorant then, because homosexuality is known and practiced in HUNDREDS of animal species, quite extensively in many of them even.
Todd" if you don't follow the bible then how can you be a Christian? And, who said that I am a fundie? I try to do whats right in God's eye. You don't even have to be religious to do this. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. Most of us learned this in kindergarten.
So, when we legalize gay marriage, we are essentially endorsing it. That is why many Americans are upset. We have embraced a sinful, immoral "marriage".
If homosexuals want to live that lifestyle then they can, it's their choice. But, let's not pretend that it's ok with God.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Todd" if you don't follow the bible then how can you be a Christian? And, who said that I am a fundie? I try to do whats right in God's eye. You don't even have to be religious to do this. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. Most of us learned this in kindergarten.
So, when we legalize gay marriage, we are essentially endorsing it. That is why many Americans are upset. We have embraced a sinful, immoral "marriage".
If homosexuals want to live that lifestyle then they can, it's their choice. But, let's not pretend that it's ok with God.
There's nothing wrong about homosexuality. That's simply your opinion, it's not fact.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:55 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
One of the hallmarks of a fundie is somebody who cannot separate their own personal beliefs from what they believe should be the official policy of the government. You believe gay marriage is wrong? Don't get one and don't allow it in your church. You don't have the right to force the entire country to live by your beliefs.

And in terms of the Bible, a person can be a Christian yet not interpret the entire Bible as word-for-word literal fact.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:57 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Look at abortion. SCOTUS stuffed Roe v Wade down the publics throat in 1973. That's 43 years ago and people are still fighting over it. Instead of going state by state for a consensus vote the LGBT crowd used the SCOTUS to shove gay marriage down the publics throat. I'll bet 43 years from now people will still be fighting over abortion and gay marriage. Especially if a sizable Muslim population develops in the US.
Stuffed down your throat, how does people getting married have anything to do with you. Let me take you back to the good old days with the DOMA.

This one really took the cake and stuck in my mind.

RICHMOND, Sept. 7— In an unusual custody battle, a circuit court here tonight upheld a lower court's decision to take a 2-year-old boy away from his mother, a lesbian, and give him to her mother for rearing.
"The mother's conduct is illegal and immoral and renders her an unfit parent," Judge Duford M. Parsons Jr. of Henrico County Circuit Court said in endorsing the earlier decision of the county's juvenile court.

Gay Woman Loses Custody Of Her Son to Her Mother - NYTimes.com

Old 02-19-2016, 10:04 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh well.

The freedoms and rights of gay people to form families and have protections afforded to everyone else outweigh the feeeeeeeeelings of constitutional strict constructionist crybabies who would STILL see interracial marriage illegal in many states of this country today.

Whilst you feel frustrated, gay people actually suffered in tangible ways. Financially, emotionally, etc.

Deal. With. It.

More nonsense...

The true goal of same-sex marriage advocates was, is and always will be to harness the power of the state for the purpose of eliminating a certain type of reasoning, i.e., common sense.

After decades of failed attempts to accomplish this same goal of normalized homosexuality using non-governmental means and after many failed attempts to convince the voters to voluntarily submit to the legislating away reason, frustrated social engineers took to the courts to force their brand of logic-free thought on the rest of us.

Those with a high tolerance for cognitive dissonance may welcome this new sort of reasoning in which both the normal and abnormal are both equally normal and equally abnormal at the same time and for the same reasons.

I do not have the ability to believe the truth is a lie and a lie the truth or that both can be one or the other.

Two plus two is always four even if the inner party says it`s three or even five.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
More nonsense...

The true goal of same-sex marriage advocates was, is and always will be to harness the power of the state for the purpose of eliminating a certain type of reasoning, i.e., common sense.

After decades of failed attempts to accomplish this same goal of normalized homosexuality using non-governmental means and after many failed attempts to convince the voters to voluntarily submit to the legislating away reason, frustrated social engineers took to the courts to force their brand of logic-free thought on the rest of us.

Those with a high tolerance for cognitive dissonance may welcome this new sort of reasoning in which both the normal and abnormal are both equally normal and equally abnormal at the same time and for the same reasons.

I do not have this ability.
Yep, they went to the courts. As they should.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:10 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
No, Todd you are wrong! I read his post, and I think he is 100% correct. We have been sold a bunch of lies. Just because tv portrays gays positively does not make it so. Most Americans don't find it acceptable. The TV shows do well because we find it funny and entertaining. Tv shows about adultery and murder also do well, but that doesn't mean we personally approve.

Look at the actual votes!

The way people vote and the way people actually feel are not the same.

Voter participation is low in this country.

People with active interest in the subject are motivated to vote. Opponents would be the most rallied. Those who are mature and don't care if gays get married may not be motivated.

Thus, the lopsided result of polls not reflecting outcome at the voting booth.

Plus, the demographic trend is SEVERELY out of your favor for gay marriage and gay rights opponents. People under 40 by and large just don't care. Millenials people under 34 who are the largest demographic group in the country) don't care. Forget about Generation Z or whatever they're called.... they will care even less.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:15 AM

677 posts, read 653,525 times
Quote:
Let's not pretend that your personal interpretation of the Bible is the right one.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
When was abortion illegal before the constitution. And who made it illegal.
Are you saying abortion has always been legal and no one punished for its practice, before Roe v. Wade?
The reason for Roe v. Wade was because it has always been illegal to take a life, by each State after the Constitution and in the Colonies of England and in the English Homeland.

Quote:
And where is abortion exactly mentioned in the constitution.
Exactly! Where is it!!! It is not there is it!
Oh, but it is..... Read the 10th Amendment! Read it slow and carefully so you can comprehend exactly where the abortion issue lies.

Quote:
The constitution was written by white men because they considered everyone else inferior. Abortion and gays have been around for many centuries, probably since the beginning of time. I don't care what the constitution has to say or not say about gay marriage. It is their right and not our right to tell them otherwise.
There is that "what it should say", thing. Not what it actually says. Sure that is what it should say. But it doesn't. We as people, need to amend it to have text that says exactly that.....
You made my point for me very well. Thanks!

I stand by my statements with reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies