Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 01:13 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
My first language is not English but you may be able to help me. Did I understand the law incorrectly or laws mean jack squat when come to politicians?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

d) Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense,
(1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or
(2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Seems you understand it PERFECTLY.

Like many have said before. When you work for the DoD, regardless of how little of a peon you may be, you will be FIRED (at the very least) for not adhering to these very strict protocols.

That she was the SoS and had access to the MOST sensitive of information makes it much more criminal that she hasn't already been prosecuted.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 01:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
If I were Bryan Pagliano, I would sleep with one eye open and have someone start my car for me. People that cross Hillary have a nasty habit of dying......prematurely.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-gives-i...021720737.html
I fully expect him to die in a street mugging attempt.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:33 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Tune into MSNBC, it's all Joe Scarborough has talked about for the past 30 minutes.

Oh wait, that also goes against the conservative meme, doesn't it? MSNBC is obviously going to cover this up.
MSNBC is changing their tone over the past 12 months. Everyone saw them as liberal-city USA. They feel and see the slightest changes in American's tastes; we are done with "anything goes". No more giving in to the slightest need or want of parts of our populace. they are changing with it. SMART.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:34 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I fully expect him to die in a street mugging attempt.
One nice day sometime soon, he'll be taking a walk out in Fort Marcy Park and suddenly get the inexplicable urge to commit suicide.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:41 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,776 times
So as it's shaping up, I suspect Camp Clinton will be looking for someone to fall on the ax to save her majesty. Maybe Huma? After all, she reportedly said she would "die for Hillary". Doubtful that she would have to go the Vince Foster route though.

Clinton would gladly toss her most loyal aide under the bus to preserve her manic desire to be the first female president but in this case I suspect a deal will be offered to Huma. Admit to everything and Hillary will be certain to grant immunity and/or pardon once she becomes president.

And of course, a continued presence in the life and bedroom of Madame President.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:41 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Not EMAILS, but MISUSE OF CLASSIFIED GOVERNMENT INFORMATION. If the emails were social chats, no one would care.

There is a reason that the government does not allow private email accounts for the transmission of classified information- it is not secure. By ignoring such rules, Hillary has compromised secrets of the US government and potentially the lives of US operatives.

Keep in mind that they executed Julias and Ethel Rosenberg for transmitting government secrets to the Russians. Undoubtedly, Hillary's emails have been hacked by the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians.
I bet they find some public corruption in this mess as well. I saw they subpoena'd foundation records relating to donations by certain countries. Part of me hopes this goes into Feb, 2017 and Trump is President with Christie as AD. Now that would be an AWESOME show to watch. Christie would have her in prison clothes and Billy boy playing chase the soap in the prison shower with his cell mate ����

Old 03-03-2016, 01:46 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Like others have stated before, the guy is trying not to get thrown under the bus. When you look at all the investigations before , you have to figure an underling is going to take the fall. Otherwise, a handful of presidents, vice presidents, and senior cabinet staff would have been convicted in the past.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I bet they find some public corruption in this mess as well. I saw they subpoena'd foundation records relating to donations by certain countries. Part of me hopes this goes into Feb, 2017 and Trump is President with Christie as AD. Now that would be an AWESOME show to watch. Christie would have her in prison clothes and Billy boy playing chase the soap in the prison shower with his cell mate ����
More like Trump is Billy's prison wife, Christie is their towel boy and Bernie or Kasich is Prez...

Old 03-03-2016, 01:50 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
My first language is not English but you may be able to help me. Did I understand the law incorrectly or laws mean jack squat when come to politicians?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

d) Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense,
(1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or
(2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
You understand it perfectly. Shoot, I worked in Intel wayyyy back when I was in the Marine Corps and the law is fundamentally the same then as it is now. So, it's not even like this is some new law that hasn't been tested yet. If I did ONE of the things Clinton has done, I would have lost my clearance and been indicted in no time flat. It's quite disingenuous of Dems to act like the law isn't clear - they're wrong. It's clear and Hilary broke the law.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:55 PM

Sorry,but a 9/11 conspiracy, birther, anti-Roe-Wade, Lincoln defamer, constitution mis-reader is hardly a qualified example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies