Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 08:24 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,381,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
So far, ISIS's external operations department has only managed to activate two cells beyond their sphere of influence - the one in Belgium and the one in Jakarta.

The one in Belgium finally got it right in Paris on November 13 last year. That was after they screwed up three times. What was left of that cell is the group that did Brussels. I kinda' think that cell is done - they were using armed robbers as muscle/suicide bombers and their bomb maker just blew himself up. Might be some strap hangers left, but my sense is that cell is kaput.

Jakarta was just plain amateur hour. The whole crew blew themselves up attacking a Starbucks in January.

So if there are these four hundred militants in Europe, what are they waiting for? Better still, who is doing their logistics? Who is funding them? (We just blew up their bank and totaled their oil tanker trucks.)

Actually, what I'm reading more about is how the desertion rate is skyrocketing among the 'foreign fighters' who traveled to Syria to join ISIS and are now trying the smuggle themselves back home. That might be some of what is being reported on...
Also referred to as splodyopes

Urban Dictionary: splodydopes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 08:37 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
That be racist, I would rather die then be labeled a racist.

Even if screening was beefed up, with all the authentic but stolen passports, maybe it wouldn't do much good.
Screening Belgium residents that travel to Syria and return is not racist, what would be their point in traveling to Syria.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
400 in Europe; how many in North America?
Last year it was estimated that thousands were in the U.S. That's rather vague, but certainly more than 400.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:49 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
So far, ISIS's external operations department has only managed to activate two cells beyond their sphere of influence - the one in Belgium and the one in Jakarta.

The one in Belgium finally got it right in Paris on November 13 last year. That was after they screwed up three times. What was left of that cell is the group that did Brussels. I kinda' think that cell is done - they were using armed robbers as muscle/suicide bombers and their bomb maker just blew himself up. Might be some strap hangers left, but my sense is that cell is kaput.

Jakarta was just plain amateur hour. The whole crew blew themselves up attacking a Starbucks in January.

So if there are these four hundred militants in Europe, what are they waiting for? Better still, who is doing their logistics? Who is funding them? (We just blew up their bank and totaled their oil tanker trucks.)

Actually, what I'm reading more about is how the desertion rate is skyrocketing among the 'foreign fighters' who traveled to Syria to join ISIS and are now trying the smuggle themselves back home. That might be some of what is being reported on...
OMG - some actual logic and reason on display. Bump @_@

Old 03-23-2016, 08:55 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,487 times
Not to take away from these attacks, which are absolutely horrid, but this news is big because it's happening on "western" soil. The Middle east has been intra-terrorized forever, and the news rarely picked it up, until it came here. Still, it shouldn't happen anywhere or to anyone.

Amid these tragedies I hope that at least this can serve as some kind of wake up call. If you want to say anything "positive" comes out of this, it may just be that the severity, and frequency of these attacks have spurred outrage world-wide, and hopefully strict actions will be taken soon, before it goes too far.

Here's hoping.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:56 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,328,077 times
Imagine if Muslims were guns what the liberals would be saying....

Old 03-23-2016, 11:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's amazing how easy it was to come and go from Belgium, Austria and France into Syria and Iraq, you would think the authorities would screen these people on return.
and you wonder why us conservatives want to control our borders in this country. i wonder how many of those that come and go in europe are refugees?

Old 03-24-2016, 12:35 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
That be racist, I would rather die then be labeled a racist.

Even if screening was beefed up, with all the authentic but stolen passports, maybe it wouldn't do much good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
You're joking, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The above is an example of the insanity of liberalism. I have often made this claim- that a liberal would rather die than be labeled a "racist". Here is a case in point.

I guess his parents never told him, "sticks and stones................."

I guess the above is the beginning of some common ground. Perhaps all liberals would commit suicide and we would agree not to call them racist. It is win-win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Screening Belgium residents that travel to Syria and return is not racist, what would be their point in traveling to Syria.
It's called sarcasm, you all. It was pretty thick, and if ever in doubt, read their posting history. This poster is dripping with sarcasm.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Yeah...i believe this story.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:43 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
It's only a matter of time before it happens in Australia and Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies