Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2016, 06:54 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I just don't get it, "Too Liberal". Too liberal for what? What is this fear of liberalism you Americans have? Our Prime Minister is a hundred times more liberal than Warren and I guarantee you the gap between the USA and Canada in quality of life will continue to grow wider under this "too liberal" regime.
No, I'm just being practical. If you're "too liberal" or "too conservative", you're chances of winning the election are diminished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
"Adult liberals", there's a nice oxymoron for you

Anyway... adult liberals confuse dogma with science and seem to think that science can't be corrupted by politics, greed, groupthink and power. Or they think that it can be corrupted ONLY on the skeptical side of the argument.

Adult liberals shout down skepticism with the same fury and bombast that religious nuts shout down apostates.

Wealthy adult liberals lecture the rest of us about our carbon footprint while they fuel up their private jets or multiple SUVs while they travel between their multiple homes.

Adult liberals have the unbelievable hubris to think not only can the climate be changed by some government bureaucracy but that it can be done despite the fact that India and China are two of the worst polluters on the planet. China may be getting better but India is getting much worse. That's to say nothing of the rest of the developing world who all want their piece of the industrial pie.

Adult liberals confuse science with consensus and treat skepticism (which is healthy for science) with contempt.
Sorry, but my training at university was in the sciences (the geosciences to be exact), and you're just tossing out a recent conservative falsehood about the difference between dogma and science. We're fully aware of how science can be corrupted, as it has been frequently on both sides of aisle, but especially by conservative "think tanks" (which is a real oxymoron, with the emphasis on moron).

Then you go on to mix in China and India, which at this point we can do little about. But that doesn't mean that we should try to improve our environment.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
People are dyed-in-the-wool liberal because they have skeletons in the closet. Real or imagined. Liberal policies and politicians make these people feel more "normal." White guys (regardless of their looks) can be into some pretty kinky stuff.
You mean like Donald Trump and all his wives...oh wait, he's the conservative darling right now. Sorry bout that.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:44 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
First, I think that's a rather childish post.

But in terms of being socially responsible, one can make a very good argument about adult liberals being just that. Adult liberals tend to support cleaning up toxic waste dumps. Adult liberals tend to support improving and replacing our crumbling infrastructure. Adult liberals built the hydroelectric plants that account for our water system and much of our electric grid in the arid West. Adult liberals built our national park system. Adult liberals support the most popular government program in American history -- social security and Medicare. And so forth, and so on.

Okay - I agree that I am childish. Maybe there is truth that comes out of mouths of babes - before the babes suffer liberal indoctrination. I know for a fact that ADULT old school conservatives financed all you talk about....liberals for the most part never have and never will control the money supply....because if they did there would be no supply....they would spend it all in one fail swoop.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:43 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Sorry, but my training at university was in the sciences (the geosciences to be exact), and you're just tossing out a recent conservative falsehood about the difference between dogma and science. We're fully aware of how science can be corrupted, as it has been frequently on both sides of aisle, but especially by conservative "think tanks" (which is a real oxymoron, with the emphasis on moron).

Then you go on to mix in China and India, which at this point we can do little about. But that doesn't mean that we should try to improve our environment.
First of all, I am not a conservative. Fun fact: Not everyone who disagrees with liberalism automatically
gravitates to conservatism, especially not with it's current leadership and the clown they have leading
the race for our next president.

I agree with you that it has been corrupted on BOTH sides of the aisle. I wouldn't say which side is worse but they are both bad and science and the scientific process is what suffers. The truth is probably somewhere between the two.

Not going to hijack the thread into yet another climate change debate though so I will leave it at that.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:47 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
[quote=lilyflower3191981;43563450]Whatever

so you didn't post this

Many white males in the trades...electricians, plumbers, carpenters, brick layers...would be totally screwed by the GOP.

their not only screwed but their dead in Calif. All the construction trades have been completely taken over by illegal aliens here.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
You mean like Donald Trump and all his wives...oh wait, he's the conservative darling right now. Sorry bout that.
You seem to equate Republican with conservative. Trump is a leaning slightly to the right populist, not a conservative.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:54 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You seem to equate Republican with conservative. Trump is a leaning slightly to the right populist, not a conservative.
populism isnt a ideology. Populism simply means you base your platform on the more popular aspects of your ideology.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:05 AM

61 posts, read 48,762 times
Because we're intelligent?

I've lived throughout Europe and now in the states, and i'm pretty sure MOST white males are "liberals".
It changes in the U.S., since this country has a much higher % of a*hole white men who think policies that make them equal to non-whites = racist and anti-white.

So many dumb people in this country. I'm shocked every day.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:11 AM

61 posts, read 48,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I'd make just one correction....*working white male
This country would be in the stone ages if it weren't for liberal *working white males.
90% of the most valuable and most influential companies in this country were formed by white liberal males. Liberal white males create things, conservative white males don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies