Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 02:50 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Gay marriage became legal nationally because 5 Supreme Court had the power to impose their personal and social views on the country by ruling bans against ssm to be unconstitutional.

I have yet to hear of any cases that ruled the absence of pick your bathroom laws or anti-discrimination laws based on sexual orientation, sexual identity, transgenderism are unconstitutional.
Not yet, give it time.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:52 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Go back to any of my posts and see where I said that. Please, really, go find it for me since you believe that's what I think. I'll wait.....zzzzzz.........
Um, where did I say you said anything? I did however ask you a question...do you not know what a question mark at the end of a sentence means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And you are assuming someone who wants to keep a male body is a "woman." That would also be a lie.
Any transgender that goes through the process to transition to a woman even if she has a penis is a woman in my book because we don't go around exposing our genitalia to each other.

I consider you a woman because of how you look and act, not because you have a vagina I can't see.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:00 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
But they still do business with Saudi Arabia. Yeah, they are stalwarts of moral character.
Exactly, which is why I don't respect the responses by companies like PayPal on issues like this one. Note, while I used to be anti-something-like-this, further education on the matter has led me to see that transgender people don't pose any risk to others (no more than anyone else would) by using the bathroom of their new gender. If anything, they face greater risk (themselves) of using the bathrooms assigned to their original gender identity. While I support the efforts by cities like Charlotte on this issue, I hope that companies like PayPal face some backlash for being hypocrites.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:03 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
As a man I don't care if there's a woman in the bathroom but I think that for women its a very different matter. No matter how femaled up you are, if you have a penis, you should not be in the ladies locker room or rest room.
I voted yes.

Here's my overall view though. The laws that keep getting talked about will basically change nothing for anyone. As it, it would be totally illegal for me, as a male, to go into a woman's restroom and start sexually harassing people, even if I say 'I identify as a woman' when the police show up. People who do that (I don't by the way, I just used me in this hypothetical example, obviously ) are the only people this is likely to effect.

Let's say someone who was born a man and now identifies as a woman needs to use the restroom. If they walk into the woman's room, no one is going to know they have a penis if they are genuinely a transgendered person. A transgendered person would do everything in their power to appear to be the sex they feel they are. Meaning, no woman in the ladies room is going to be aware that the woman who walked in used to be a man because they're just going to quietly do their business in the stall.

The outrage for the laws, I get, but in reality, this probably isn't going to actually effect someone who is genuinely transgendered. Transgendered people don't usually draw attention to themselves in that way. Those who do frankly are rude, and while I don't really care where they pee, asking people to not be in other people's faces isn't really unreasonable.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:48 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
While I think the bathroom bill was largely a bad idea (there were one or two other aspects of the bill, such as the minimum wage provision, that I didn't have as much of a problem with), the only good thing that comes out of bills like this, in my view, is that they help to stop the influx of leftists into conservative areas, which means greater promise of taxes and cost of living remaining low(er).

Old 04-20-2016, 07:07 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you think that students DON'T know that she is transgender?
Yes, they know she/he's supposedly transgender because they SAW his/her penis exposed in the school restroom/locker/shower rooms. Duh.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 04-20-2016 at 07:28 AM..

Old 04-20-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Why do you tell and show people you have a vagina?
Tell? No. But it becomes quite evident in multiple occupancy locker/shower rooms when other people are present. Duh.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Boston has canceled 3 shows in NC and Pearl Jam has also canceled their upcoming show.
So... When are they going to cancel in the other 32 states? Or hell, in the U.S. at all?

33 states
have NO laws protecting transgenders, and the federal government does not include gender identity in legally protected classes.

Or are they all just a bunch of knee-jerk acting, ignorant hypocrites?

Hint: The answer to that question is YES.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
They are all weak and p.c. in demonstrating they only care about some people, not ALL people.
Excellent observation.

Anyone remember how the Chick-fil-A boycott turned out?

Old 04-20-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Boycotts are not the right way to fight for change. You do it through proper channels, through lobbying, through changing hearts and minds and public opinion.

Boycotts are a method of forcing people to accept your point of view, and it shows a lack of maturity. They hurt everyone in the long run.
It's bullying, and it backfires.

Anyone remember how the Chick-fil-A boycott turned out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies