Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 11:23 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Schillings choice was to be bluntly truthful.
No, he decided to be abusive and insulting - to present the question using a deliberately degrading sterotype. If he'd used his words and typed that it was his opinion that H2B had merit, he'd probably still be employed. Instead, he decided to be deliberately abusive.

Quote:
77% of the public agrees with Schilling, that the truth hurt more than lies ever will.
That statistic sounds like it was pulled right out of someone's backside. Not that it matters overly much.

Schilling has decided to make money on his public persona - he has a brand, that's his product to sell. He then did something to lower the value of his brand. And now ESPN doesn't want to buy the product any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 11:48 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Lol... Bless your heart.

Based on what? ESPN has still presented NO evidence of such.
Is Curt Schilling fired or not?

Bless your heart....

Old 04-27-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Where does that blog cite the particular violation of Schilling's contract? It doesn't. It just "opines."
AND what are you doing? .........

Thank for admitting you are just trolling everyone here.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
So do 33 States' Laws and the Federal Government's Law. That's what's going to get ESPN in trouble unless they can actually produce a clear cut terms of contract violation in Schilling's case.
Nope. ESPN isn't in any trouble at all. Curt Schilling has not ONCE said he was going to sue for wrongful termination.... Can YOU PROVE where SCHILLING has SAID he is taking it to COURT? I won't hold my breath....

Old 04-27-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Maybe. Who knows. He would have been reprimanded though and it would have been one of the 3 strikes against him if he already hadn't racked up the others.

The point is, what the other ESPN commentator said was much worse and was neither reprimanded or fired.
The point is, political correctness isn't about civility, it's about some groups, opinions and ideologies being protected at all costs (usually liberal leaning ones) and other groups, opinions and ideologies that are fair game.
That's your opinion. Obviously ESPN disagreed and obviously Schilling already had two strikes against.

Quote:
Al Sharpton can go on TV and say some of the most racist things imaginable. When Keith Olberman was on TV he called Michelle Malkin a "mashed up bag of meat with lipstick" and there were no calls for his firing or for an apology. If a conservative said that about a liberal woman, there would be an instant sh * tstorm!
You need to get out more if think Sharpton says the "most racist things imaginable." Maybe conservatives are treated differently because historically they have more so been on the side of bigotry and oppression.

Do you listen to talk radio? You will find people who are able to share their views like yours. I think you will find that certain views just aren't welcome in mainstream so you'll have to go to talk radio and you tube to find your typical angry white male rallying against the new world.

Quote:
Schilling, whatever you think about him or his opinions, is just another example of this dynamic.
The point is people like you and people who have views like you are, y'all aren't important to ESPNs brand.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:27 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
That's your opinion. Obviously ESPN disagreed and obviously Schilling already had two strikes against.

You need to get out more if think Sharpton says the "most racist things imaginable." Maybe conservatives are treated differently because historically they have more so been on the side of bigotry and oppression.

Do you listen to talk radio? You will find people who are able to share their views like yours. I think you will find that certain views just aren't welcome in mainstream so you'll have to go to talk radio and you tube to find your typical angry white male rallying against the new world.

The point is people like you and people who have views like you are, y'all aren't important to ESPNs brand.
"my views"? How do you know what my views are?

"Certain views aren't welcome in the mainstream"? How about someone bragging that they almost rammed someone's car with intent because they didn't like the bumper sticker on it? Are those view welcome in the mainstream?

You are just dying for me to be some Rush Limbaugh listening, Fox news watching caricature of what you see as a typical right winger, aren't you?
Because that is your myopic little view of the world. If someone criticizes political correctness, it must automatically be because they are a bigot and want to oppress people with impunity.

Sorry! I don't fit into your neat little box. I voted for Obama and will likely vote for Hillary if it means that I can help prevent Trump from getting in. Doesn't mean I like either of them or their policies but it's the lesser of two evils since I think Trump has no business being anywhere NEAR the oval office and neither did Palin when I voted for Obama over McCain.

I'm atheist so I'm certainly not part of the "Religious Right" and my views on gun control lean more to the left.
So... I don't think I'd get too much out of right wing talk radio

I love how this has turned into some ad hominem against me after you've failed to address any of the points I raised about the nature of political correctness and how it is really NOT about civility at all.

But hey! It's always easier to attack the person making the argument rather than debate the argument itself

Old 04-27-2016, 01:35 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
dude is a professional ass

Old 04-27-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
"my views"? How do you know what my views are?

"Certain views aren't welcome in the mainstream"? How about someone bragging that they almost rammed someone's car with intent because they didn't like the bumper sticker on it? Are those view welcome in the mainstream?

You are just dying for me to be some Rush Limbaugh listening, Fox news watching caricature of what you see as a typical right winger, aren't you?
Because that is your myopic little view of the world. If someone criticizes political correctness, it must automatically be because they are a bigot and want to oppress people with impunity.

Sorry! I don't fit into your neat little box. I voted for Obama and will likely vote for Hillary if it means that I can help prevent Trump from getting in. Doesn't mean I like either of them or their policies but it's the lesser of two evils since I think Trump has no business being anywhere NEAR the oval office and neither did Palin when I voted for Obama over McCain.

I'm atheist so I'm certainly not part of the "Religious Right" and my views on gun control lean more to the left.
So... I don't think I'd get too much out of right wing talk radio

I love how this has turned into some ad hominem against me after you've failed to address any of the points I raised about the nature of political correctness and how it is really NOT about civility at all.

But hey! It's always easier to attack the person making the argument rather than debate the argument itself
Because you seem unable to grasp the situation.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:58 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Because you seem unable to grasp the situation.
Yeah, in other words, I don't agree with you, therefore I don't grasp the situation

Old 04-27-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah, in other words, I don't agree with you, therefore I don't grasp the situation
No. This is your thread and you cry about the thought police. You don't seem to grasp that the "thought police" has changed from a "white, Christian slant" to a "progressive" slant. Seems advertising money slants progressively too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies