Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2016, 06:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
That always makes me laugh, and it's not 77 percent according to Reutars. If 44 percent of women and 39 percent of men approve and averages out to 42.5, then do that math. That 42.5 approval is about where same sex marriage was 8 years ago.

Exclusive: Women, young more open on transgender issue in U.S. - Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”

Yes 77% agree with Curt.

23% cannot see the truth in that statement...pathetic.

Cut your penis off, then we can talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 07:04 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I know the contracts I draw up, include a clause for breaking the contract(which is always a fair 2 way street, working both ways) 5x's the original contract price.

If I, or the other party involved in the contract break, it there is a substantial monetary penalty. I also have an early completion clause.
Yes, but as you can see from the posts in this thread, there are a LOT of people who...

1) Have NO idea that there even IS such a thing as an employment contract.

2) Have NO idea that attorneys on both sides are usually involved in employment contract negotiations, and the terms are almost NEVER a one-way street.

So, anyone assuming ESPN has the right to terminate Schilling's employment for whatever reason they deem, is sadly mistaken.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Incidentally it's kind of amusing how money talks. Just a few weeks ago the state of Georgia had a similar anti-gay bill. The NFL threatened to overlook the state for planning a Super Bowl, in which was in part the reason why their Gov vetoed it. So now in NC we hear the NBA is talking pulling next year's All Star game. Guess who has started it's bidding for it? Atlanta!!

Money buys off the Constitution on a daily basis.... That is why the laws do no apply to the rich and connected.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So no, you didn't pick up the irony of your post.

Not surprising, at all.

He made a choice to tell the truth... and in the day in time, when the truth is treason... it makes sense it is justified in the social justice war on the minds to make you weak.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:17 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, but as you can see from the posts in this thread, there are a LOT of people who...

1) Have NO idea that there even IS such a thing as an employment contract.

2) Have NO idea that attorneys on both sides are usually involved in employment contract negotiations, and the terms are almost NEVER a one-way street.

So, anyone assuming ESPN has the right to terminate Schilling's employment for whatever reason they deem, is sadly mistaken.
Stubborn.

We all understand there is an employment contract. The difference is, you expect ESPN to justify to the public why the firing is legal under the contract. If Schilling challenges the firing or even claims it was illegal, your obsession with the contract's wording might have a semblance of normality to it.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No, he decided to be abusive and insulting - to present the question using a deliberately degrading sterotype. If he'd used his words and typed that it was his opinion that H2B had merit, he'd probably still be employed. Instead, he decided to be deliberately abusive.

That statistic sounds like it was pulled right out of someone's backside. Not that it matters overly much.

Schilling has decided to make money on his public persona - he has a brand, that's his product to sell. He then did something to lower the value of his brand. And now ESPN doesn't want to buy the product any more.

“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”

Ya, that was abusive and insulting!!! The truth hurts those that still have a conscious.

You don't use the companies platform to push your political views... But on his private tweeter account, he can be as truthful as he wishes... Now had he lied, it would be a much different perception.

This is where emotions trump, common sense.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Is Curt Schilling fired or not?

Bless your heart....

Trying to be derogitory and you used it wrong!!

You are suppose to start with "Bless your Heart"(which means southern slang: you dumbass, politely)

Old 04-29-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
"my views"? How do you know what my views are?

"Certain views aren't welcome in the mainstream"? How about someone bragging that they almost rammed someone's car with intent because they didn't like the bumper sticker on it? Are those view welcome in the mainstream?

You are just dying for me to be some Rush Limbaugh listening, Fox news watching caricature of what you see as a typical right winger, aren't you?
Because that is your myopic little view of the world. If someone criticizes political correctness, it must automatically be because they are a bigot and want to oppress people with impunity.

Sorry! I don't fit into your neat little box. I voted for Obama and will likely vote for Hillary if it means that I can help prevent Trump from getting in. Doesn't mean I like either of them or their policies but it's the lesser of two evils since I think Trump has no business being anywhere NEAR the oval office and neither did Palin when I voted for Obama over McCain.

I'm atheist so I'm certainly not part of the "Religious Right" and my views on gun control lean more to the left.
So... I don't think I'd get too much out of right wing talk radio

I love how this has turned into some ad hominem against me after you've failed to address any of the points I raised about the nature of political correctness and how it is really NOT about civility at all.

But hey! It's always easier to attack the person making the argument rather than debate the argument itself
You may be the opposite politically of me, but we would get along in real life.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
After listening to this interview I have come to the conclusion that Schilling does not always know how to express himself. He puts it out there in a way that many will misconstrue his meaning, hence getting himself fired. That along with the fact that he has been known even from his playing days of being a real pain in the arse.

The link containing the interview;
Fired ESPN Analyst Curt Schilling Defends Stance on Gender-Neutral Bathrooms, Predicts a Horrific Scenario Happening in a ‘Big Way’ | TheBlaze.com

The same way Donald Trump has the limp wristed pansies in a temper tantrum.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would remind some of the anti-PC crowd posting here that just a few weeks ago some of you were posting that a company should be able to fire anyone for any reason. Now you got your wish.

I do not disagree with you there. That is why the majority of the public and the free market are expressing their dislike for ESPN's emotional reaction to the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies