Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 05:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bby07 View Post
my wedding is in October 2008 and my baby is due in March 2009, so my baby will not be out of wedlock
You conceived outside of wedlock. In many places, when someone has to get married because they're pregnant, that's called a shotgun wedding.
You know what the bible says about women who do that, don't you?
How can the bible be good for one person's behavior and not another person's behavior?
Looks like a double standard.
At least gay marriages don't usually start out because someone is pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 07:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You conceived outside of wedlock. In many places, when someone has to get married because they're pregnant, that's called a shotgun wedding.
You know what the bible says about women who do that, don't you?
How can the bible be good for one person's behavior and not another person's behavior?
Looks like a double standard.
At least gay marriages don't usually start out because someone is pregnant.
But wait Chielgirl, someone pointed out that she's due in March 2009....that's oh 10 months from now! She not only perceives the bible in her own way but also has a different gestation period than normal human beings as well!

Old 06-21-2008, 02:36 AM

It's a miracle!

Old 06-21-2008, 03:14 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Better than that, it's an immaculate conception. Mary couldn't be prouder

Old 06-21-2008, 09:09 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,440,947 times
Maybe someone was pulling our leg ?

forum rules, please read them

Old 06-21-2008, 03:46 PM

242 posts, read 193,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
How is that racist? Most people on welfare are African American. Lateasha is typically an African American name. Political correctness has destorted reality to the nth degree.
Nothing but lies. The vast majority of people on welfare are whites. Blacks are the minority in this country, with concentrations in a few places. Your comment was very racist, but coming from you, it's not very shocking.

Oh, and amen to political correctness. At least we know we are correct.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:04 PM

384 posts, read 1,710,016 times
In my own opinion, man was made for woman and vice versa; nevertheless, I have had quite a few gay friends (men) and I can honestly say they have been the best friends I've ever had. Though I may not agree with the lifestyle, I just love most of their personalities. They (the gay men) are usually very down to earth and outgoing, never a dull moment. Should they be allowed to be married? I'm not God so it's not my right to determine what they should and shouldn't be allowed to do. As long as my rights is respected as a straight woman then I have no problem with them.

Now keep in mind, I say gay men because I've never had a friendship with a lesbian and most likely never will.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
What's wrong with gay marriage?
Nothing, they should have the right to be miserable just like us straight people.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:10 PM

242 posts, read 193,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
In my own opinion, man was made for woman and vice versa; nevertheless, I have had quite a few gay friends (men) and I can honestly say they have been the best friends I've ever had. Though I may not agree with the lifestyle, I just love most of their personalities. They (the gay men) are usually very down to earth and outgoing, never a dull moment. Should they be allowed to be married? I'm not God so it's not my right to determine what they should and shouldn't be allowed to do. As long as my rights is respected as a straight woman then I have no problem with them.

Now keep in mind, I say gay men because I've never had a friendship with a lesbian and most likely never will.
Please, tell me, what "lifestyle" don't you agree with?

Old 06-21-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
You probably do, you might be surprised.
I have many friends who, after their kids were raised, entered into lesbian relationships.
Hopefully times are changing and people don't have to repress their sexuality. It's hard to get past the social stigma and develop self-acceptance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies