Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 10:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So having sex with an unconscious woman is not considered rape in your mind
Not if she was into it and then passed out because she drank too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 10:24 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Sexual intercourse, yes. But Turner was only seen humping the woman with his clothes on. So he was convicted of sexual assault, but not rape, and that seems appropriate.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:50 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Rape, forcible rape, gang rape, rape/kidnapping, rape/beating, rape/torture
People like you scare the ***** out of me. Any way to explain away a rape and you are ALL IN. Do you have daughters? I am serious. Do you have ANY empathy for the victim in this case?

Old 06-17-2016, 10:51 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Read the transcripts please.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:38 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
People like you scare the ***** out of me. Any way to explain away a rape and you are ALL IN. Do you have daughters? I am serious. Do you have ANY empathy for the victim in this case?
And... a temper tantrum. Nice. You've abandoned all pretense of logical discussion and are running on pure emotion. I can only guess at what has set you off, or if you have followed the argument at all.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:13 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
We''re done here.
Promise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
There is as much of a backlash for the woman's "involvement" as the man's.
That's because she CHOSE to become so drunk that she doesn't even remember what happened.

There is no evidence that she didn't consent to the sex play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
...but of course we all know men can be f**ked up in many ways
R-r-r-right.

But women can never be f**ked up.

Quote:
I almost feel ashamed to be a man when I think what dogs some men truly can be.
Spoken like a true male feminist who is sexist against men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
There are numerous posters who don't even think this was rape
That's because it wasn't rape.

Rape is forced sexual intercourse.

There was no sexual intercourse in this case.

Quote:
On to this particular case, this guy had a history of coming on to women
Wow, well that proves it!

Must be a rapist!

Quote:
Some sex crimes are more serious, by orders of magnitude, than what happened in the Stanford case. By their unwillingness to acknowledge that, people here trivialize the whole concept of rape. A generation ago rape meant forcing intercourse on a woman by violence, and it was universally recognized in civilized societies as a heinous crime, second only to murder. Now, rape is a woman passing out drunk during sex play and feeling bad about it when she wakes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Delete your account.
Quote:
... nicely sums up the feminist approach to debate.
Quote:
I love this term feminist. You throw that out there like if someone defends a female he or she is a feminist.
No, when people hate on men for no good reason, they are feminists.

Quote:
Brock is a rapist.
There was no sexual intercourse, and therefore no rape.

Only a man-hating feminist would define what Brock did as "rape."

Quote:
As I have said, I agree that Turner committed a crime and think he received an appropriate sentence. I disagree with those who want a much harsher sentence. Long jail terms are only appropriate for more serious sex crimes.
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly.

And again, all that happened here was sex play, not sexual intercourse.

Quote:
Turner was only seen humping the woman with his clothes on. So he was convicted of sexual assault, but not rape, and that seems appropriate.
Quote:
Again, it wasn't rape.

There was no sexual intercourse.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:54 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Actual rape is a serious sex crime.

A woman passing out during sex, then regretting it later is not a serious sex crime.
Where is the respect for the woman, in this case. What if the woman had died, would the jerk still have "humped" her body? How would a man feel, in similar circumstances? Messing around with an unconscious person is sick. Where is it written that it is ok to abuse vulnerable people, an opportunity is not always a good idea.

Go out to the forest and "hump," a tree................leave innocent people alone.

Really glad that most men are great and have respect and caring for women.

Last edited by mollygee; 06-18-2016 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-18-2016, 08:08 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
R-r-r-right.

But women can never be f**ked up.
Anyone got any statistics comparing how many women get raped because of f**ked up men versus men that get raped because of f**ked up women? Just saying...

Old 06-18-2016, 08:11 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
I love this term feminist. You throw that out there like if someone defends a female he or she is a feminist. Hogwash. You will find ANY reason to justify what poor little Brock did. Brock is a rapist. The courts sent him to jail. Directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect your pervert card. I guess I am a feminist since I consider rape a bad thing.
Why NOT be a feminist?

Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:12 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Where is the respect for the woman, in this case. What if the woman had died, would the jerk still have "humped" her body? How would a man feel, in similar circumstances? Messing around with an unconscious person is sick. Where is it written that it is ok to abuse vulnerable people, an opportunity is not always a good idea.

Go out to the forest and "hump," a tree................leave innocent people alone.

Really glad that most men are great and have respect and caring for women.
It's like anything else in life. Average people are average. The media teaches the masses that women are strong and independent.....until they make bad decisions and then they are victims.

Most men, like most women, buy that nonsense. Some of us don't though and possibly more than you think. Do you think I run around saying these things IRL? Nope. I work with mostly women and I would lose my job. In fact, everyone always tells me how nice of a guy I am.

You'd be surprised at how many men feel this way, but hide it due to fear of retribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies