Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 09:18 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The problem, however, is not the wrongs also committed by the likes of the Saudis, Iranians, Syrians, etc. Those injustices to their people and others are also well recognized, but those countries are not viewed in the eyes of modern day western civilization like Israel is. We in the Western world today don't expect to see France acting in the way that Libya does, for example.
You expect Libya not to act like France. Why? Because you think that Libyans are inferior to the French. I call it racism and bigotry. And you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 09:20 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Also curious, do you give a flying ***k about anyone other than Israelis?
I care only about those countries and nations who have good relations with Israel.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:06 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Maybe you should read the entire thread instead of stopping at #3.
Did I get under your skin? That was such a thoughtful response to my challenge. Instead you imply ignorance on my part because I didn't read all five sheets before replying to you. Israel-American relations are cool because Netanyahu came here to intimidate Congress. The American people don't like that. So that I can provide an objective comparison here I will compare Netanyahu's visit to when Obama went to Britain and told them not to leave the European Union. The Brits didn't like that.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:55 AM

271 posts, read 214,331 times
Quote:
A typo, not clueless, but of course you lie in wait hoping for such an opportunity to blow your horn of cluelessness. Regardless, I'm glad you have reappeared, because I remain curious...

Sometime ago you explained that Jews have trouble assimilating because of religion and national pride. I asked why religion and national pride would necessarily keep people from assimilating or whether you felt Jews were the only ones with strong faith and national pride, and you never answered. Twice before you were asked but never answered...

Quote:
Your logic is difficult to follow, because first you argue there is no justification that Gaza be returned to Syria due to an equally baffling logic having something to do with whether Israel or Syria has been in control of Gaza the longest period of time. Of course you also dismiss the fact that Israel's control of Gaza is not internationally recognized. Now it seems there is justification to return Gaza to Syria under certain required conditions, and somehow you are also surprised there is violence over the claim of this land that also includes all that water so vital to the area. Really?

Yes, let's be sure to criticize the U.N. in the process. No good staunch Israeli right or wrong argument should go without...
Buddy, you repeating it 4 times is not a "typo". You just have no clue where these places really are or what is going on there. To you they're just names on a map. You've never been there so they're basically interchangeable in your eyes.

What you made is called a mistake. Admit it and move on. Don't try and weasel yourself out of it.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:05 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Did I get under your skin? That was such a thoughtful response to my challenge. Instead you imply ignorance on my part because I didn't read all five sheets before replying to you. Israel-American relations are cool because Netanyahu came here to intimidate Congress. The American people don't like that. So that I can provide an objective comparison here I will compare Netanyahu's visit to when Obama went to Britain and told them not to leave the European Union. The Brits didn't like that.
Nope. Tiny? Try resetting your resolution as I have two pages. Don't have to imply it as your response implied that you did. Most Americans don't give a fark about American-Israel relations as if it doesn't effect them they don't care. We're in a nation where nearly half can't name the VP of the US.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:07 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Forever this argument or attempt to justify Israel's wrong doing with the wrong doing of other countries. Add the equally nauseous repeating of how the Palestinians have been beaten back by Israel on the ground (and in the U.N., AKA with a little help from the U.S.), and so continues this claim of all knowing about this conflict. Though credit, at least, to recognize there are Palestinians rather than the equally ridiculous attempt to suggest there are no such people...

The problem, however, is not the wrongs also committed by the likes of the Saudis, Iranians, Syrians, etc. Those injustices to their people and others are also well recognized, but those countries are not viewed in the eyes of modern day western civilization like Israel is. We in the Western world today don't expect to see France acting in the way that Libya does, for example.

Also as the U.S. strongly backs and supports Israel, the pressure to abide by what the U.N. and most advanced world nations consider proper and respectful of human rights is the issue, specific to Israel, ultimately to broker a peace even if Israel must return a good deal of the lands in dispute.

Also because Israel has forced itself into a sea of Muslims who view Israel as the work of Satan (AKA the U.S.), the absence of this peace and/or negotiated settlement of disputed lands and shared holy places within is forever aggravating the radical sources of unrest and terrorism that is seriously affecting all of the modern world in all manner of negative and violent ways.

Israel cannot stop these conflicts entirely of course, but she certainly can do right rather than wrong, better rather than worse. Insisting on preconditions for example, in order to perhaps negotiate a viable two-state solution, is just as unproductive as most of Israel's continued agenda to further encroach on Palestinian civil rights and Palestinian land.
tl;dr

Old 07-06-2016, 04:38 PM

716 posts, read 357,036 times
Quote:

So Israel, like France, should be judged by a high "civilized" standard. And the Arabs, Libyan Arabs, Palestinian Arabs, Syrian Arabs, etc. should be judged by a standard which befits the uncivilized savages that they are. HOW RACIST! How TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE a notion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yermum View Post
Buddy, you repeating it 4 times is not a "typo". You just have no clue where these places really are or what is going on there. To you they're just names on a map. You've never been there so they're basically interchangeable in your eyes.

What you made is called a mistake. Admit it and move on. Don't try and weasel yourself out of it.
Yermum,
"LearnMe" has posted what seems like an endless number of comments on an endless number of Israel threads.
"LearnMe" comes from a combination of ignorance of the history of the conflict, lack of understanding of its nature, and I suspect far-leftism. That's a lethal combination and, as you can see, all the explanations, all the reasoning, all the history, all the facts won't make a bit of difference to a person who is saddled with such characteristics. You and the others could go on forever with reasonable counter-posts and it won't change this person's outlook even one iota.

You might as well be talking to a wall. That's why I haven't wanted any part of it. It would take me days just to wade through the myriad of misconceptions, misunderstandings, and outright falsities that he (or she) has put forth and exhibited in all these posts and threads. But I do commend you and others for trying, for your stamina, and for your knowledgeable contributions to this thread and others on the same subject.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:56 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
3 times? No, it's not a typo.

Yes, it seems that our faith and national pride did not let us to assimilate. It seems that the others who assimilated had less powerful faith and national pride.
In classic belligerent obnoxious fashion, you insist, but go back to comment #33 and how can you not accept my intent to continue reference to the Golan Heights? Going too fast with little time for this nonsense is my only mistake...

I don't know that you can speak for all Jews, of course you can't, but my sense is that YOU personally must have a very difficult time assimilating with others given your ways. Somewhat bumptious as well given your notion one cannot or should not assimilate while maintaining strong faith and national pride.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
You expect Libya not to act like France. Why? Because you think that Libyans are inferior to the French. I call it racism and bigotry. And you?
I don't expect issues from France like we got from Libya under Gaddafi, for one example. I am not surprised you don't understand and/or would otherwise call this racism and bigotry.

Not surprised, but curious given your ongoing boastful claims you know your history. Remember when Bush coined the phrase "axis of evil," and how Libya was later added... "On May 6, 2002, then-Undersecretary of State John R. Bolton gave a speech entitled "Beyond the Axis of Evil". In it he added three more nations to be grouped with the already mentioned rogue states: Cuba, Libya, and Syria. The criteria for inclusion in this grouping were: "state sponsors of terrorism that are pursuing or who have the potential to pursue weapons of mass destruction (WMD) or have the capability to do so in violation of their treaty obligations."

That sound like France to you?

Please have mercy...

Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I care only about those countries and nations who have good relations with Israel.
How utterly humanitarian and self-centered of you, but again no real surprise.

You know..., regardless of governments, people are much the same pretty much everywhere except for levels of education and socio-economic development. It is racism and bigotry that prevents this simple fact from being recognized most of the time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies