Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:19 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yermum View Post
Buddy, you repeating it 4 times is not a "typo". You just have no clue where these places really are or what is going on there. To you they're just names on a map. You've never been there so they're basically interchangeable in your eyes.

What you made is called a mistake. Admit it and move on. Don't try and weasel yourself out of it.
Thanks for the considerate advice, but et tu, Brute...?

A typo is a mistake. I have no problem admitting I made that mistake, perhaps even 4 times even though I haven't bothered to search back and count. My apologies!

For you and those who have that sort of time, good for you, but to belabor such a point sure seems like clear evidence you don't have much better to offer. Accordingly, by all means go ahead and join the petty brigade as you wish.

No, haven't been there, but I certainly know the difference between the Gaza Strip and the Golan Heights! Jeeesus, what's wrong with you people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Did I get under your skin? That was such a thoughtful response to my challenge. Instead you imply ignorance on my part because I didn't read all five sheets before replying to you. Israel-American relations are cool because Netanyahu came here to intimidate Congress. The American people don't like that. So that I can provide an objective comparison here I will compare Netanyahu's visit to when Obama went to Britain and told them not to leave the European Union. The Brits didn't like that.
Good for you! Don't let the badgering get to you. Some people just don't like constructive let alone warranted criticism when it doesn't suit their agenda. Oh and BTW, careful about typos or you'll be called to task about it adnauseum. That's also part of the tactic along with all the rest of the nonsense, all to deflect from the real truths of these matters as you well attempt to point out, for example bolded above. Again my compliments...

Old 07-07-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
So Israel, like France, should be judged by a high "civilized" standard. And the Arabs, Libyan Arabs, Palestinian Arabs, Syrian Arabs, etc. should be judged by a standard which befits the uncivilized savages that they are. HOW RACIST! How TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE a notion!
Just when I thought the twisted logic, misrepresentations and nonsense could get no worse...

Suffice to say, we all know which countries are in which categories of stability and economic standing having nothing to do with the race or ethnic make up of the people in these countries.

Please be reasonable or give it a rest already. At least quote me verbatim rather than utterly re-write my comments according to your ridiculous agenda to undermine this exchange altogether. IOWs, grow up.

Perhaps I'll have more time and patience to battle this childishness later...

Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Israel and Russia have been pretty cooperative for quit some time. I think the cooperation is more based on mutual interests. Russia and Israel both have a common enemy, ISIS and other Salafi Jihadist groups. I also suspect that since Russia has had a foothold in Syria, Israel wants to be on Putin's good side so Israel could continue aerial operations in the Golan and Hezbollah targets. In return, Putin wants Intelligence and joint cooperation in fighting salafi jihadist groups.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:38 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,294,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The United States doesn't need allies. We have only two counties on our borders, and both are friendly. We owe loyalty to no one.

Russia is surrounded by many hostile nations...they need allies.

The bottom line is that hundreds of thousands, if not a few million Israelis can trace their family roots to Russia or areas thereabouts, and having good relations with Russia only makes good sense. They share a continent...they should be natural allies.

In a perfect world, Israel would have far stronger ties to Russia than us.
israel has the wealthiest diaspora of any nation in the world and many of that wealthy diaspora live in new york , its blindingly obvious that israel would have close ties with the usa , ( bar the relatively recent phenomenon of christian zionist nuts in the GOP ) its wealthy jews in new york which drive the close relationship between the usa and israel , not ( relatively ) poor jews in russia

Old 07-07-2016, 11:42 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I wish USA leave Israel alone, so Israel could transfer the Palestinians to Jordan. They are the only who tie Israeli hands now.
I think Israel should do what it believes best for itself, but they should also realize they'll be responsible for what they do.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:54 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,294,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think Israel should do what it believes best for itself, but they should also realize they'll be responsible for what they do.
they receive unconditional cover from the u.s goverment no matter what they do , they can get away with anything

Old 07-07-2016, 12:36 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
they receive unconditional cover from the u.s goverment no matter what they do , they can get away with anything
I wish. Unfortunately it's not. Currently USA is opposing the settlements even more than Russia and EU.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:50 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I don't expect issues from France like we got from Libya under Gaddafi, for one example. I am not surprised you don't understand and/or would otherwise call this racism and bigotry.

Not surprised, but curious given your ongoing boastful claims you know your history. Remember when Bush coined the phrase "axis of evil," and how Libya was later added... "On May 6, 2002, then-Undersecretary of State John R. Bolton gave a speech entitled "Beyond the Axis of Evil". In it he added three more nations to be grouped with the already mentioned rogue states: Cuba, Libya, and Syria. The criteria for inclusion in this grouping were: "state sponsors of terrorism that are pursuing or who have the potential to pursue weapons of mass destruction (WMD) or have the capability to do so in violation of their treaty obligations."

That sound like France to you?

Please have mercy...
We are talking about the international law. One of the main standards of law is the equality in-front of it. It means that we must judge an African-American from a poor family exactly as a rich white lady from Manhattan. We cannot dismiss AA felony only because "he is from poor family, and he is black and oppressed bla bla bla", and we cannot give the white lady more jail time because "we expect her to be civilized". The same is with nations. We cannot give a slack to Saudi "because they are savages" and slam Israel because "we expect them to be civilized". It's pure racism. We must judge nations purely by what they are doing and to be color blind.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
We are talking about the international law. One of the main standards of law is the equality in-front of it. It means that we must judge an African-American from a poor family exactly as a rich white lady from Manhattan. We cannot dismiss AA felony only because "he is from poor family, and he is black and oppressed bla bla bla", and we cannot give the white lady more jail time because "we expect her to be civilized". The same is with nations. We cannot give a slack to Saudi "because they are savages" and slam Israel because "we expect them to be civilized". It's pure racism. We must judge nations purely by what they are doing and to be color blind.
You are simply misunderstanding and/or confusing the difference between what modern advanced societies might "expect" versus what is deemed clearly right or wrong.

Clearly, the lack of respect for civil rights from the leadership of Saudi Arabia, for example, is wrong, but what the rest of the world and/or the U.S. can "expect" to change in these regards is severely limited for many obvious reasons.

The modern advanced world countries that have better developed and come to respect civil rights, as one might argue is the case with America and much of the EU (though still struggling with the history of slavery and such), are "expected" to better respect and/or provide the "pursuit of life, liberty and happiness" for all citizens in ways the advanced world societies simply cannot expect today from the likes of Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, Libya or North Korea, etc., though of course we all hope for such in the future.

In the same way, Israel is held to the higher standard that can and should be better "expected" from all advanced modern societies, though obviously the United States commitment to cover for Israel's wrong-doings in these regards, with money, military support/weapons, and with the U.N. undermines America's standing in these regards entirely. This is the problem and why Israel is subject to so much attention and criticism, along with it's location in the Middle East where Muslims are not typically neighbored by non-Muslim countries forced into their midst as the Zionists managed to accomplish in very recent modern history.

To confuse what is simply right or wrong in these regards with what we can expect either way is a rather novice mistake that certainly makes intelligent understanding of these issues near impossible. More time wasted having to explain the obvious in any case...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies