Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 09:24 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,803,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelutgen View Post
More on this. I am still amazed an admin deleted this news as "false". Liberals protecting muslims, how quaint.

Horror and Hush-Up in Twin Falls, Idaho

Yah, I read through the coverage @ the URL. But anybody who starts out saying Exposing & combating liberal media bias - mrc NewsBusters - in the masthead has already arrived @ conclusions. & Michelle Malkin is reliably on the far Right, TMK. World Net Daily & Drudge Report are also outlets with a distinct POV. @ this remove, I can't tell who is right, who is wrong. & as the case - if there is one, something apparently happened - is under seal because all the involved are juveniles - we may simply never know all the details.

I think the imputation that the PD in Twin Falls is guilty of political correctness is troublesome. Do the citizens there usually distrust their local police? As noted above, law enforcement in Idaho petitions the juvenile justice system to open a case, by submitting a report on the incident. In this particular case, there is some kind of video recording, presumably forensic evidence on the little girl's clothing, & an adult witness.

Malkin is a Right columnist & author, mrc NewsBusters & World Net Daily & Drudge are Right outlets. I prefer my news without the shading & helpful coloration I see in Malkin's article - I don't need to be spoon-fed my own opinion, thank you very much. & so I'll wait for the mainstream media coverage - yah, they have issues from time to time, but they can be dragged into court & the merits argued there, if they go off the tracks. Malkin & mrc & WND & Drudge - not so much, although it does happen now & again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 09:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I can see both sides to this event and I'm not the type of person that will shoot first and ask questions later. I also know that the Internet is full of propaganda with an agenda. So the information that is obtained, is tainted (bias) at best.

Ever played the game of gossip? The Internet and also local communities it's much like that.
I saw your first post claiming the story false and all that followed were concern about boys. For one thing you are assuming the story is false, when it has been proved it is NOT. Now you are assuming the family and town are gossiping about immigrants, doesn't get any worse than this from an outsider......that poor girl! I don't gossip and it is offensive to the family of that little girl, for anyone to claim this. Strange, you can go and get the name of the nurse who found the child, but the parents to those boys their names are being withheld.......so much for this being a "fake story!"

Quote:
I'm not going to get caught up on some sort of whirl wind with this, as no good ever comes from that.
Hmmm, but you had time to claim we are KKK........if this is not digging deep, not sure what is.........now this is gossiping!

Old 06-26-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Yah, I read through the coverage @ the URL. But anybody who starts out saying Exposing & combating liberal media bias - mrc NewsBusters - in the masthead has already arrived @ conclusions. & Michelle Malkin is reliably on the far Right, TMK. World Net Daily & Drudge Report are also outlets with a distinct POV. @ this remove, I can't tell who is right, who is wrong. & as the case - if there is one, something apparently happened - is under seal because all the involved are juveniles - we may simply never know all the details.

I think the imputation that the PD in Twin Falls is guilty of political correctness is troublesome. Do the citizens there usually distrust their local police? As noted above, law enforcement in Idaho petitions the juvenile justice system to open a case, by submitting a report on the incident. In this particular case, there is some kind of video recording, presumably forensic evidence on the little girl's clothing, & an adult witness.

Malkin is a Right columnist & author, mrc NewsBusters & World Net Daily & Drudge are Right outlets. I prefer my news without the shading & helpful coloration I see in Malkin's article - I don't need to be spoon-fed my own opinion, thank you very much. & so I'll wait for the mainstream media coverage - yah, they have issues from time to time, but they can be dragged into court & the merits argued there, if they go off the tracks. Malkin & mrc & WND & Drudge - not so much, although it does happen now & again.
It took 3 weeks for the story to come out.........now if this was your little girl would you be happy that for three weeks the police covered up the story and made no arrest until the community stepped in?

Yet you same people were wanting the Duggar family to pay a price and destroy his life for something that happened inside the family.........that the family had already dealt with. Hypocrites!!!!

Old 06-26-2016, 10:07 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I saw your first post claiming the story false and all that followed were concern about boys. For one thing you are assuming the story is false, when it has been proved it is NOT. Now you are assuming the family and town are gossiping about immigrants, doesn't get any worse than this from an outsider......that poor girl! I don't gossip and it is offensive to the family of that little girl, for anyone to claim this. Strange, you can go and get the name of the nurse who found the child, but the parents to those boys their names are being withheld.......so much for this being a "fake story!"

Hmmm, but you had time to claim we are KKK........if this is not digging deep, not sure what is.........now this is gossiping!
I"m leaving you with this question. What entity do we know that loves to spread chaos and confusion?
Seriously. I made an observance based on multiple posts in this thread. My posting responses on c-d have never been nor will they ever be, personal.

I won't be back to this thread. Have a great day and let not your heart be troubled.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I"m leaving you with this question. What entity do we know that loves to spread chaos and confusion?
I have no idea what you are talking about, the family of the boys asked that police not be called and when the police were told they held on to the information for 3 weeks, so you tell me!
Quote:
Seriously. I made an observance based on multiple posts in this thread. My posting responses on c-d have never been nor will they ever be, personal.
You only made one observation and your conclusion was it was fake even after being presented with facts.

Quote:
I won't be back to this thread. Have a great day and let not your heart be troubled.
You had time to believe the story was "fake" but you didn't for once consider there was a cover up which was provided, yet you continue pushing "fake story" My heart is not troubled, I know there was a cover up and the police are stumbling trying to explain it. I have a heart for disable girls who can't speak out and there was evidence this happened........the knife is the only thing in question and not raped by at least 2, but the 14 yr old possibly........it's all about the cover up and why? This alone is why it will be hard to get a fair trial.

When people accuse others of being KKK and call themselves Christian, makes me wonder just what heart they have. The little girl needs people who will want all facts presented in her behalf, not from those who feel immigrants are not getting a fair shake. This town welcomed these people and the HUGE yogurt plant that mostly employees muslims.........such a mean town, with a troubled heart.

Good Day

Old 06-26-2016, 10:41 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,803,401 times
Default Begging the question

Quote:
It took 3 weeks for the story to come out.........now if this was your little girl would you be happy that for three weeks the police covered up the story and made no arrest until the community stepped in?

Yet you same people were wanting the Duggar family to pay a price and destroy his life for something that happened inside the family.........that the family had already dealt with. Hypocrites!!!!
If a police investigation was proceeding during those three weeks, I assume that they kept all the parties (or their parents/guardians) informed. As noted in the outline of Idaho JJ procedure before, the judge will provide copies of the petition for a JJ case to be opened to all parties. The local PD will be @ the hearing, presumably the witness, all the participants, their parents/guardians, possibly school representation & social worker(s), translator(s), Special Education representation (I assume the girl is in Special Education) - whoever the court needs to have there.

Was an arrest made? I don't know what it's called in JJ cases - it may be an arrest, or something else. & I don't know how important an arrest would be @ this point anyway. More to the point, if there was some kind of sexual assault, would be DNA swabs or blood draws from all the participants & samples from the girl's clothing, maybe hair samples, a thorough evidence collection from the scene. (I'm sure the police are competent in forensics, & if not, they can call in the state or FBI forensics for help.) Did the community's interest & chatter cause the arrest? I can't tell - but it seems unlikely to me.

It's not like the participants are likely flight risks - if the families are recent immigrants, they can't just pick up & leave & blend in wherever in the US.

As for the Duggars - the name vaguely rings a bell. One of those big families on a reality show? As I recall, whatever information leaked out was leaked out from inside the JJ system there. So yah, I suppose the Duggars could file a complaint & take the case to court - although their interest - or @ least their goal - seems to have been to keep everything quiet, so filing another case on top of the original may not be in their interest. They'll have to decide that.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:39 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,999 times
Quote:
From the article; Why doesn't this surprise me, seems to be the view of many who think Americans are the ones who need to step up and be kinder. Looks like this article and the one Toyman provided proves it not about being nice!

A concerned grandfather whose granddaughter under the age of 10 was sexually harassed by Muslim migrants protested to mayor Jens Muller. In response to his plea for help, Muller told the elderly man to direct his family to "not walk in areas" where refugees would be.
"Just don't provoke them and don't walk in those areas."

I can't even begin to understand this bolded part!
This is how the No-Go Zones start.

Did You Know There Are Muslim ‘No-Go’ Zones In The USA | Truth Uncensored

Old 06-26-2016, 07:05 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,082,060 times
Watch what you write about this subject. The Idaho Fed prosecutor has threatened jail time for things written she doesn't like.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:21 PM

7,025 posts, read 4,899,912 times
Quote:
You seem to miss my point they started it, there was 5 of them, I was not going to confront them. I found it strange men new to the country would think they could act this way. College students around here are usually very polite..........When someone is acting like an ass, I am not going to ask them if they are having a bad day, not all 5 of them.......they knew exactly what they were doing.......these were not elementary kids.

I am not sure how you got this and I am tried of trying to explain it! I wasn't meeting the 5 men........

If the women want to wear cover ups that is fine with me, from what some say they like it.....If a muslim women wears a burka that's okay with some Americans, but if a Christian wears a conservative dress people would claim she is being forced.......interesting! Some women are very conservative, not sure why Christian women get picked on by other women.

Be careful bringing up dogs too much, we have sensitive posters.

I wasn't suggesting people go out and be mean to the next muslim kid or even these 3 kids.
What would happen to 3 American boys if they were caught doing this in Sudan or Iraq? Its the cover up that is disturbing, not about going out of my way to be nice to others, I already do that, no matter what color they are.
Some people think the thread is not about the cover up (if there was one) and some do.

We're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about Muslims in the general sense and you're talking specifically about the guys you saw. I think we're posting at cross purposes because of that.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
One has to ask "how is this even close to being American?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Watch what you write about this subject. The Idaho Fed prosecutor has threatened jail time for things written she doesn't like.
I saw this how are we to interpret this.......or are we to remain silent? Spread the rumor it is all "fake."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Some people think the thread is not about the cover up (if there was one) and some do.
If one is following the story people don't go to court for "fake stories" I would say from reading what locals are saying the Refugee Center had a lot ot do with concealing the story, yet they are denying it.

Quote:
We're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about Muslims in the general sense and you're talking specifically about the guys you saw. I think we're posting at cross purposes because of that.
I think so
The only reason I brought up the men is this area I was visiting and TF are only a few hours from each other. ........and it just happened 2 months ago.

There is culture difference and some will not want to fit in. People in TF are being treated as the bad people, when all they have asked is these boys be treated the same way any of their own children would have to face. If these boys don't learn we don't hate little girls the way men do in Iraqi or Sudan how will these people ever learn?

One thing I notice we have a lot more muslim boys and men than we do women and little girls........makes me wonder why this is so obvious. Now we have to fear talking, is our freedom of speech being covered up to cover up others dirty deeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies