Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 09:29 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritsCode View Post
Race is always a factor in people who want to see such things. It's the world of some who view race as the cause of every problem.

Race is a factor in one’s identity. It provides a basis for recognition, belonging, and reference. That's not going to change. When Racial biases stop. When racial discrimination stops then maybe we can look at race differently. Knowing the history of this country and what people continue to display in our society. The disdain some people have for certain minorities in this country you can never rule out race as a factor. We have sketchy people that or on these police forces

3,739 posts, read 4,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What should happen next?

To the cop?

To the gallows. That is what should happen next.

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
Knock it off already. Why don't you guys go to bat for the real victims? Little kids murdered by your own? Everyone, and I mean everyone sees through your hypocrisy on this.

It's getting gross.

The Asian cop (assuming based on what we know so far) made a HUGE mistake. And then compounded that by making several more mistakes. This one is bad.

I don't applaud anyone's death, that's you being racist.
How do you know he's Asian-American?

Old 07-07-2016, 09:31 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,981,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They won't. Unless it's open season on white men like it is on black men, society at large isn't gonna move a muscle. Let's face facts. It's never gonna happen unless you have MLK scale demonstrations happening. Even white people don't give a crap when one of their own gets hunted down like what happened in Hummelstown, PA; why should anyone expect to get fed up if a non-white gets hunted? The modern culture of the U.S. is fundamentally flawed to its core
Nothing is gonna change. This will just keep getting worse and worse as we can clearly see. What the government is going to give police less power? Yeah right. I take that back. Sooner or later some cops are going to shoot and kill another innocent victim and then that victim's family members/friends who witness it will go into self-defense mode and shoot and injure/kill the cops. Of course, they the victims will be found guilty.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:34 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People are marching against violence in our communities ALL THE DAMN TIME. Preachers in the community talk about it on Sundays.......they are tired of doing funerals! What the hell do you know about the black community if you don't live in it? They only thing you know about our community is what gets broadcast to you via the media. The hypocrisy that you see is an illusion created by your own ignorance.
The only people who claim blacks don't care/don't do anything regarding b-on-b crime, are ignorant souls who have zero interaction with blacks on a regular basis, therefore because they don't see it in the media or their slanted news sources, they believe it doesn't happen. It's their number 1 deflection in stories like this.

They, among other things, fail to understand that the media has zero incentive to show what blacks do within their community, because it hurts the controversial, divisive narrative they continually attempt to inflame between races.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:35 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Not true. When the white kid shot up the church in Charleston, S.C. practically everyone in the country (white, black, Hispanic, you name it) wanted to see the little creep fry. No one made any excuses.
The public secretly raised 4 million dollars for him to pay for his legal fees that should tell you about some Americans in this country. Some racist move silently or threw the Internet

Old 07-07-2016, 09:35 AM

596 posts, read 429,036 times
I cannot believe how calm his girlfriend was during this. I guess seeing your boyfriend shot 4 times makes one compliant? They were pulled over for a busted taillight? Did the cop know they had weed with them too? Not that it makes the shooting justified, I'm just wondering what factors into the cop being so skittish and going for the gun right away?

And why was she recording it? If my friend gets shot the last thing I'd be doing would be recording him dying. I just don't understand the cops actions at all.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:37 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Gosh this is terrible. Right in front of his gf and daughter.

And the cop that murdered the guy sounds like he lost his ish for what he did. Too late.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:37 AM

299 posts, read 187,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Race is a factor in one’s identity. It provides a basis for recognition, belonging, and reference. That's not going to change. When Racial biases stop. When racial discrimination stops then maybe we can look at race differently. Knowing the history of this country and what people continue to display in our society. The disdain some people have for certain minorities in this country you can never rule out race as a factor.
We are talking about peope who use the race card as the cause for so many things. Racial biases isn't the issue in every situation. Racial discrimination isn't the issue in every situation. Most do look at race differently. There are those they want to pull the race card for far too many situations when it's not even the issue. Too many people live in the past. The disdain goes both ways.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:39 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,287,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
I cannot believe how calm his girlfriend was during this. I guess seeing your boyfriend shot 4 times makes one compliant? They were pulled over for a busted taillight? Did the cop know they had weed with them too? Not that it makes the shooting justified, I'm just wondering what factors into the cop being so skittish and going for the gun right away?

And why was she recording it? If my friend gets shot the last thing I'd be doing would be recording him dying. I just don't understand the cops actions at all.
If she was doing anything else, the news would have her as well as another dead victim.

Weed is minor, in fact legal in many states now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies