Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 12:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Police Killed An Unarmed White Man In Iowa And His Community Didn't Seem To Notice

Yeah...but keep making it about race and it will happen more and more.

Blacks are more often involved in crime in general. Generally the best way not to run into a crazy cop is not to keep running into cops

Think i am going to join hands with you when you keep making it about whitey?
How about if we just make it about busted tail lights; would that work for you then?

Old 07-07-2016, 12:27 PM

153 posts, read 156,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Framing this as a black-only problem and blaming whites doesn't help unite us all in a common cause.
Unfortunately, we are destined to never make progress on the issue of race in this country. The main reason for this is the "We all get the same treatment and/or opportunity...." MIS-belief that seems to be the go to mechanism for anyone who isn't of color. The ugly truth is: That's never been the case in the USA and it's most definitely not what is being played out, en mass, over and over again.

When people think they understand the plight of another, based off their own narrow understanding of the world, it leaves them open to a very biased interpretation. When I hear "Those people should just...XYZ...." without fail, it comes from someone with a very limited, and often retarded, view of what's it's like to be poor, have any REAL struggles in life and certainly what it's like to be black in America.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:28 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Framing this as a black-only problem and blaming whites doesn't help unite us all in a common cause.
I am framing this as a problem that ONLY the black community fights against. If it were a problem for the white community, the white community would be taking action too. Even if we, the black community, were completely silent about it, would the white community step up and out on their own? NO!

I will tell you what the basic problem is. Its this. The black community IS NOT nor has it ever been RESPECTED by the white community!!!! Therefore, unless the white community sees overwhelming proof of injustice, they will not believe it when the black community says it exists. People tend not to give the benefit of the doubt to individuals and groups that they do not respect, while giving it to individuals and groups that they do respect.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:31 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I'm watching it now. She is very clear and thorough and making great points. It is heartbreaking and when she was being prayed over and started crying I couldn't help crying.

She made very good points especially about the officers that are mentally unstable based on previous encounters. She also made a point that none of the officers were there for her they were there to comfort the officer. I was really trying to figure out why she was arrested. More than likely they probably will tamper with evidence and come up with some bogus story.

The people in these communities deal with these unstable officers all the time they have a compete understanding of what's going on.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:33 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Then girlfriend went viral on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/melissacolo...3260288077053/
"These Cops have serious mental issues".

Absolutely! Many are either complete psychopaths or just weak cowards. Neither should be anywhere near a gun or badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
So basically, CC weapons are only against crooks, not against bad cops.
That guy should have killed the cop and die a hero but nothing you can do after getting shot that many times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Couldn't even make it past 2 minutes without wanting to cry.
That cop deserves the death penalty. Firing squad.
If only People need to start taking action-enough is enough.

Family of Brooklyn man Delrawn Small shot dead by off-duty police officer threaten to 'hunt him down' | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-07-2016, 12:35 PM

932 posts, read 899,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
Statement from the school district where the deceased worked.

http://www.spps.org/site/default.asp...42665&PageID=1

Saint Paul Public Schools and its staff grieve the tragic death of a former student and current employee, Philando Castile.

He graduated from Central High School in 2001 and had worked for Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) since he was 19 years old, beginning in 2002, in the Nutrition Services Department.

Mr. Castile was promoted to a supervisory position two years ago and was currently working in one of our schools during the summer term.

Colleagues describe him as a team player who maintained great relationships with staff and students alike. He had a cheerful disposition and his colleagues enjoyed working with him. He was quick to greet former coworkers with a smile and hug.

One coworker said, “Kids loved him. He was smart, over-qualified. He was quiet, respectful, and kind. I knew him as warm and funny; he called me his 'wing man.' He wore a shirt and tie to his supervisor interview and said his goal was to one day 'sit on the other side of this table.’”

Those who worked with him daily said he will be greatly missed.

"I am deeply sorry for his family and for their loss. He's worked in SPPS for many years and he graduated from our district, so he was one of our own," said SPPS Superintendent Valeria Silva.

Grief counselors will be available for staff and students as needed or requested.

The Saint Paul Public Schools family extends its deepest sympathy to Mr. Castile's family and loved ones.

This makes it even worse for me now. I really feel for this guys friends and family.
What a wonderful hardworking young black mam!

Guess this debunks white people theory that all blacks dont work nor work hard!

Old 07-07-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Police Killed An Unarmed White Man In Iowa And His Community Didn't Seem To Notice

Yeah...but keep making it about race and it will happen more and more.

Blacks are more often involved in crime in general. Generally the best way not to run into a crazy cop is not to keep running into cops

Think i am going to join hands with you when you keep making it about whitey?
Yes it's about race more black men have been killed while being unarmed. whites Often good off on there crimes or get lesser sentencing for the same crimes blacks commit. So yes it's about
race. So yes it's whitey

Old 07-07-2016, 12:36 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Well for the anti gun posters on the board you probably view this as justice , because you are always saying civilians have no right or no need to to carry CCW and that they are a menace to society. That and trained police are the only ones that can be trusted and responsible with a gun.

Beyong race, that is the real bigotry on your part.....

Old 07-07-2016, 12:38 PM

632 posts, read 932,998 times
Quote:
Well what did we expect? Police have gone from pillar of the community to public executioner. That means either the compensation goes up or the quality of the personnel goes down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-the-outrage/

Cop in the Hood: Police kill white people, too
While the percentage of blacks killed is high compared with the black percentage in America (13%), it is low compared with other indicators of violence, such as the percentage of homicide victims and offenders believed to be African American (both 48%)

So in other words blacks are shot less often per crime committed....So if i ride the bus every other day while blacks get to ride every days I am getting a raw deal .Look like police are far more careless with other races than black.
Consider this (and I assume you're not black): Would you want to be treated the way black people are treated in this country? If your answer is no, then there's a problem.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
"These Cops have serious mental issues".

Absolutely! Many are either complete psychopaths or just weak cowards. Neither should be anywhere near a gun or badge.

If only People need to start taking action-enough is enough.

Family of Brooklyn man Delrawn Small shot dead by off-duty police officer threaten to 'hunt him down' | Daily Mail Online
Trust people will start doing just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies