Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 01:12 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
This illustrates the differences in how blacks and whites are treated by the police quite well.

https://youtu.be/YXv2Pjtc3Zk
Bloop!!!

Old 07-07-2016, 01:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Ah , what?
Why are you confused when at least two blacks shot by white cops without cause were pulled over for nothing more than a busted tail light?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us...eath.html?_r=0

Old 07-07-2016, 01:16 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Bloop!!!
I don't even want to know what would've happened if the black guy had darker skin.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:20 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not so sure about that anymore. I don't think it's safe to be black and legally carry.

Sorry, but I think it's too risky.
Michael Crawford was the first case that showed me that. It's going to get real hard for the NRA to keep trying to paint CC and OC as anything but a public safety threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
He's referring to reaching into your pocket and having your ID in hand BEFORE the cop even gets to your car. What kind of moron would reach into his pocket with a cop standing there?

Been pulled over plenty of times (speeding) and have never had a cop jump out of his car as you say. They typically stop you, radio in your plates and then finally make their way over to you. Plenty of time to have your ID in hand.
And if some other incident happened because the cop suspected he was hiding something while shuffling around in his car, then you would have been like "Why was he moving around in the car when the cop wasn't there..."

We know your type -- no matter what happens, everything the Black guy did was the wrong move and he should have done something different. Save it. Some of you are the type where it would probably make you physically ill to come to the defense of a Black man against law enforcement.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:21 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The cop clearly is in deep doo doo on this one.

If that guy is a licensed carrier, then he has no criminal record to use in order to make him out to be a thug.

And I believe that lady when she said that the guy made it clear that he had a weapon, and was reaching for his ID. There's no reason for her to lie.

This cop is a nutcase. Wow...all over a busted tailight?

And as the passenger, why was the cop asking him for ID anyway? For what? That's never happened to me before!
Dont worry...... they will take a page out of Gulianis book and find a way to smear the victim. Textbook smear campaign is on the way. They will say his hat being backwards and his gold chain make him a thug and a criminal. Dont believe me???? Google the Trayvon Martin Trial.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:21 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRvdb_yOXMY

Old 07-07-2016, 01:22 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
No it's called Racial inequality!!!! racial inequality is typically analyzed as "imbalances in the distribution of power, economic resources, and opportunities. Racial inequalities have manifested in American society in ways ranging from racial disparities in wealth, poverty rates, housing patterns, educational opportunities, unemployment rates, and incarceration rates.

Most if it is created by da guberment...which you keep voting for.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
this eliminates the theory that the right says if you follow directions from a cop you'll come out alive.

this guy followed orders and is dead.
He didnt follow societies orders. He was Black. Dark skinned and not dressed like ben carson.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd say the cop is in BIG trouble but part of the blame lies on the dead man. You have a firearm legally carried and the first thing you do before the police get near you is have your ID out and have both hands in plain sight and tell that office you have a gun on your person and DON"T MOVE. The cop will go on hyper defense mode if he isn't already. Really it makes you worry about carrying and you're just begging for trouble if you do it open carry even if legally.
People are getting dumber. Dumber citizens, dumber police, way dumber politicians.
Like the Bundy Ranch folks who pointed assualt rifles at cops and federal agents?

Old 07-07-2016, 01:36 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't even want to know what would've happened if the black guy had darker skin.
They would have called the national guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies