Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 10:50 AM

299 posts, read 187,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Well, it makes it harder when yesterday, a guy in Raleigh, North Carolina had a shotgun in which a deputy wrestled it away from him, and then the guy pulled out a handgun and fired a shot, yet, somehow the criminal didn't end up shot or dead.

I apparently can't link any other stories in these threads or my posts will get deleted, but please Google the story and tell me what that guy looks like.
A person can find stories to fit any narrative

Old 07-07-2016, 10:54 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,287,018 times
So basically, CC weapons are only against crooks, not against bad cops.
That guy should have killed the cop and die a hero but nothing you can do after getting shot that many times.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:03 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GritsCode View Post
A person can find stories to fit any narrative
A person can find a way to be in denial to fit any narrative.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:04 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,143,170 times
Quote:
Race is injected into a a lot of situations which otherwise would have been non-racial.
White people "never see race" until a minority commits a crime. White people "never see race" until they bring up black on black crime stats. Black people would be more happy if white people just admitted that racial bias existed. White people never see race when it is most convenient to them.

The fact that white people lie to themselves that "they don't see race" is hurting racial progress more than helping it.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:05 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,394,470 times
Quote:
He wasn't the driver, his girlfriend had the phone in "mirror" mode, so that's why it looks like he's the driver. He was the passenger.
Look again. About 20 seconds in, you can see the steering wheel. He was in the driver's seat. Falcon Heights shooting: Woman livestreams aftermath - CNN.com

Old 07-07-2016, 11:07 AM

299 posts, read 187,380 times
Quote:
A person can find a way to be in denial to fit any narrative.
Such a suggestion goes both ways

Old 07-07-2016, 11:09 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not so sure about that anymore. I don't think it's safe to be black and legally carry.

Sorry, but I think it's too risky.
I feel the same way. In fact, I talked about this issue with several black, hispanic male family members. I told them to be careful and that just because you have a license for that weapon, it still doesn't make you look right in some cops eyes.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:09 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
I have no interest in watching the video. I will wait for the facts of the case to come out.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:10 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Concur 100%. She was calm, the cop was hysterical. Notice that?

----break-----

Okay, my fellow conservatives. We advocate for responsible gun owners. For all intents and purposes, he was one of our own. A gun owner with a CCW (with no record mind you) who did what he was supposed to do when stopped by police - informed him he was licensed to carry and had a firearm in the car. I don't want to see my fellow conservatives try to spin this, try to explain this away, or worse, try to blame this on him not getting his ID our at the right time (really???? WTF people???). Do the right thing my fellow conservatives. We did it here in South Carolina after the Walter Scott shooting. Call it what it was - murder.
This is what I don't get. Every time there is a mass shooting, NRA and their supporters double and triple down. To them, there is no problem that a gun cannot solve. This guy did every single thing these guys advocate while they promote guns everywhere. And for that, the police officer kills him.

If NRA and their supporters really believe their rhetoric, shouldn't they be advocating for this victim?

Old 07-07-2016, 11:11 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
Look again. About 20 seconds in, you can see the steering wheel. He was in the driver's seat. Falcon Heights shooting: Woman livestreams aftermath - CNN.com
Gotcha. I thought I had read a report that said she was pulled over for the taillight, but I misread.

Quote:
Such a suggestion goes both ways
Well, obviously race doesn't play a factor in a lot of situations, but if you don't even want to entertain the possibility and the discussion, that's your right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies