Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 02:55 PM

10,650 posts, read 10,766,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Why do you guys insist of denying an obvious problem? Comparing blacks and Jews makes no sense.
Dam straight! I haven't seen train car loads of Black folks lined up for a free ride to the gas chamber!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 02:55 PM

41,002 posts, read 49,448,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, if going by what I see from many City-Data threads, Black Americans are hated more compared to other ethnicities. Most of the threads complaining about a certain group, Blacks are the most complained about.
That would be because they are the most vocal about being "mistreated or oppressed".

Most white people don't hate blacks any more than the other way around. White people mostly get tired of the Victim mentality no matter what race you are.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:58 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,485,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Apparently, not. You won't even acknowledge the truth that Blacks are responsible for capturing and selling Blacks into slavery. The truth that the first legal slave owner in the American colonies was a Black man. Etc.
Just stop. Stop being ridiculous.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:35 PM

184 posts, read 237,527 times
Quote:
That Obama won the presidency did not help.

Blacks have little power and remain victims of their history in the US.

What can be done?

Electing black leaders does not do the job. What are the alternatives. More of the same?
Black Americans are not the only oppressed group in the US, dont know why some act like we are. Puerto Ricans and Native Americans are also heavily oppressed, just as much as us southern US slave descendant blacks (had to separate us from Caribbean/African immigrants, they aren't as oppressed as us, Ricans and Natives are da only groups that are just as oppressed as us), in every category too.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:17 PM

10,411 posts, read 15,653,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Dam straight! I haven't seen train car loads of Black folks lined up for a free ride to the gas chamber!!!!

Slave Ships are pretty must the same thing...........LOL

Old 07-16-2016, 05:54 PM

30,471 posts, read 23,932,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi
Again, you are attempting to escape from White responsibility for slavery. The misbehavior of one person does not excuse the misbehavior of another...except among kindergartners. It was wrong for White people to own Black people. Period.
Second dumbest thing I've read on this thread. You are attempting to escape from your personal responsibility for your own damn life. No white who is alive today is responsible for slavery. No black person born and raised in America has EVER suffered from slavery.

YOU, and every other person on here, and throughout the world, no matter what damn race they are, is responsible for THEIR OWN life. You take responsibility for any failures you have. Do "minorities" give white people credit when they succeed? HELL NO, so you, and everyone else, take it all on yourself.. You take the good and the bad that YOU brought upon yourself with YOUR own actions and YOUR own choices.

PERIOD.

"mic drop" /sarc

Old 07-16-2016, 06:49 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,560,731 times
As a black person, I get tired of hearing - ad nauseam - how oppressed I am because I'm black. It's a worn out discussion point and adds nothing of value to any race conversation. Much of what I see of the unfavorable condition a lot of black people find themselves in today is because of their own bad choices. This is not to dismiss racism and discrimination as challenges that hinder some black people in some regard, but there is a bit of exaggeration when we talk about what's hindering black progress in America in the 21st century.

Much of what made me who I am probably has to do with my family structure. My parents have been married for almost 40 years and my grandparents (both sets) had been married over 60 years before they passed. I come from a tight-knit family. I had a stern father who reminded me that I was largely responsible for my successes and failures. Unfortunately, the reality is that there are far too many black people who lack that direct influence in their life offering up such a perspective. Far too many of us don't have parents who can offer the right guidance and mentorship. So, here we are. In a place where too many of us see obstacles instead of opportunities.

That's the problem I have with this constant reminder that I'm oppressed, at a disadvantage, a perpetual victim in this country. I'd rather see the opportunities - of which there are many - than the obstacles, many of which I believe are exaggerated. This victim mentality is as dangerous as it is alluring. If we are not willing to take significantly more ownership of the responsibility for our condition, our complicity in our condition, we are slowly cementing our demise.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:24 PM

10,411 posts, read 15,653,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Second dumbest thing I've read on this thread. You are attempting to escape from your personal responsibility for your own damn life. No white who is alive today is responsible for slavery. No black person born and raised in America has EVER suffered from slavery.

YOU, and every other person on here, and throughout the world, no matter what damn race they are, is responsible for THEIR OWN life. You take responsibility for any failures you have. Do "minorities" give white people credit when they succeed? HELL NO, so you, and everyone else, take it all on yourself.. You take the good and the bad that YOU brought upon yourself with YOUR own actions and YOUR own choices.

PERIOD.

"mic drop" /sarc

You sound downright uninformed haven't the vast majority of African-Americans taken credit for theirs failures and also theirs successes answer me yes or no yea or nay will you plese ...Puts The Micro- phone Behind His Back Spins Around & Drops The Microphone then does a split LOLLL.....

Old 07-16-2016, 08:23 PM

16,828 posts, read 15,245,490 times
Quote:
That Obama won the presidency did not help.

Blacks have little power and remain victims of their history in the US.

What can be done?

Electing black leaders does not do the job. What are the alternatives. More of the same?

show me how many black Americans were born on the continent of Africa, and then they are African Americans. until then they are just black Americans. this told to me by many black friends.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:33 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,390,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Most white people don't hate blacks any more than the other way around. White people mostly get tired of the Victim mentality no matter what race you are.
You are correct, but many blacks still think racism is a HUGE problem. And their perception is their reality. That is the problem that needs to be solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies